Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Thoughts on trades - for CHI QB Griese ?!?

Hi everyone. I "WAS" stacked at QB up until two weeks ago - when both of my teams' backup QB J. Delhomme went down with his funky elbow...

With him now being "confirmed OUT" for the season, I need a backup - preferably one with a good matchup during Wk 8, as that is when DAL QB and SEA QB are both on their bye weeks!

Looking at the Schedule - CHI is home vs. DET that week! :dunno:

Looking at each league's team rosters - I've narrowed potential trade partners down to one owner in each league. League 1: guy has as extra QBs Griese and Frerotte. League 2: guy has as extra QBs Griese and Brees. EACH TEAM IS LIGHT AT WR.

I'm thinking of offering League 1 Nate Burleson for Griese. For League 2, I'm thinking of offering him Vincent Jackson for Griese.

Thoughts??? I think each trade is "decent," and with D. Branch's injury - I might be giving up too much!

Thanks in advance! :cheers:

Waiver wire/free agent pick-ups, perhaps?

I see that the Cleveland Browns play at the St. Louis Rams in Week 8, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. should provide a great day for Derek Anderson. Conversely, the Browns pass defense currently leads the league in most passing touchdowns allowed (15), whoever is the Rams quarterback that day - Bulger or Frerotte - will have a good day too, I would think.

Whoever is playing quarterback for the Buffalo Bills is playing at the New York Jets, there's a favorable match-up as the Jets frankly suck. Maybe the Jets quarterback could be a pick-up, depending on how well the Bills secondary is playing at that point.

You might also look at the San Francisco 49ers, who are playing the not-so-great New Orleans Saints pass defense at home. Alex Smith says he's looking to be ready in time for the Week 7 game at New York (Giants). We'll see, I guess. Vernon Davis should be healthy and playing in that game probably, which will help the quarterback.

Yes I would try to get griese for either one of those 2. This is for a one week appearance right, you only need him week 8 so I would not give up too much, check WW and see if their is anyone available, I dont see griese putting up great number sin any game this year, but he will be average. Go for the trade for one of those 2 WR. I would first try Burleson though before Jackson

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry3354236

Let's give it another whirl. I also ran my trades by a guy at work, who also thought they were "fair."

P.S. FA's available: League 1 = SF Smith, CAR Carr and MIA Lemon... League 2 = STL Frerotte, NYJ Pennington, CAR Carr and MIA Lemon. (NOT MUCH!)