Sign in to follow this  
Phinfan0301

A BOLD prediction!

Ignore my account name...ok?

I am going out on a limb here and saying Ted Ginn Jr. will break out this week against Cleveland.

Evidence/Theories to support claim:

- He was finally utilized last week against Houston and caught a great timed ball and made alot of YAC - 35yd Gain

- He nearly caught a spectacular 1-handed grab in the endzone on a deep route (this means Cam is finally giving him the chance to stretch the field)

- Cleveland is the absolute worst DEF in the NFL...what better week for Cam to test Ginn's abilities?

- He was taken instead of Brady Quinn in the NFL draft which shocked the whole world - with all the debate and trash talk he has had to listen to - he has something to prove - against this team especially

- Cam Cameron also has something to prove - after being booed my the fans for not drafting Quinn - he wants him to break out just as much as Ginn does (and hes our O Coord.)

- He played at Ohio ST - so he has a ton of family/friends in the stands to impress

- The Dolphins are 0-5...Cam has already said "Beck is one play away at this point" which shows what he thinks about our teams situation...the time is NOW to see what these rookies are made of - and he WILL call on #19 (If Beck indeed does play, Ginn is a lock to get a deep ball an possible TD...they have practiced that pass ALOT, ALOT

- Ronnie Brown will command presence in the box...hes the #1 RB in the NFL right now (stats wise)

- Ginn WILL BE the #3 WR this week, he has trained all week to PLAY for once, no more #4 crap

- It WILL be a shoot out with Edwards/Winslow/Lewis against our poor D...they will NEED Ginn to stretch the field an make big plays if we have a chance at keeping up

- Chambers will certainly require attention, possible double covg. which will leave Ginn with single coverage ALL DAY long

- 60 Yards/TD is NOT far out by ANY means...I think he exceeds that personally...seriously

* For those of you with leagues that have return yardage and TD's hes esepecially valuable. I wont go as far as saying he will break one away for a TD this week but he has steadily become more and more effective every week and will have all the motive in the world to break one to shut the critics up for good.

* For those of you with poor depth at WR - I'm telling you PICK HIM UP. Remember when Holmes starting lighting it up at the very end of the season? Ginn is on the freakin MIAMI DOLPHINS...they will treat every game from here on out as practice for next season...he ran a 4.3 with his injury before the draft...hes run a 4.13 (Ohio ST time) - the guy is going to break BIG plays this year - get him before he shows up on anyones radar

* This is NO HOMER POST...its simple facts - he has already shown flashes, has OLYMPIC speed, and is finally starting - and considering the location and Brady...and Cam/Mueller wanting him to light it up to prove they were right - this is the week (against the worst D in the NFL)

* Yahoo predicts him at 0 pts...and I am starting him over Jennings .vs. WASH because Holmes/Marshall are on BYE...this will either turn out to be a brilliant play or a flat out stupid one.

If I had to bet on it - I would certainly say that he breaks out

This kid Ginn should be ashamed of his herky jerky Deion Sanders wanna be play last week...which resulted in Trent Green suffering another major head injury...all cause this hotshot rookie tried to make Sportscenter.

I picked him up as a bye week player. My league rewards heavily for return yards. If he catches a pass, then it's just a bonus.

Yes, he'll break out for a whopping 5 catches for 60 yards. It may go down as the greatest performance of his career.

It'satipthatGinnisnotanNFLcaliberWR

- Cleveland is the absolute worst DEF in the NFL...

Other than the one fielded by the team they face this week, right?

Ginn will be fine. Too bad he's in Miami but good players usually come to the surface eventually and I think he will. Not sure week to week this year but he should begin to start getting more looks this week as #3. And if he can grab a 3-4 this week, that's a good start.

:wub:

Yeah, IF they line him up in the backfield and IF the opposing defense is his own, then I predict a HUGE performance.

He nearly caught a spectacular 1-handed grab in the endzone on a deep route

That's enough for me to rush out there and pick him up

Three things to change and/or add...

Clevelend is not the worst DEF in the NFL.

Teddy Ginn grew up in Cleveland. This is more relevant then him being an Ohio State alum.

You said he has something to prove to Cleveland. I'm just not seeing that. It's not like Cleveland passed on him. If anything, Quinn has something to prove to Miami. Its Miami that passed on Quinn.

Guest _my_2_cents_

It's not a bold prediction if the guy you're projecting is facing the Browns. They seem to have a knack for giving up monster performances to fantasy players...

...like Ronnie Brown....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're right, the fact that he grew up in Cleveland is even more reason that Cam will try to get him involved. All his family/friends will be there like I said...

Im tellin you guys...if youre lacking at WR or need a BYE fix like myself...hes goin to break a long one. Guarenteed.

The comments about Cleveland not being the worst DEF...go look at their stats this season and tell me they're not god awful. Dont get technical.

Miami DEF = the worst eh? Zach THomas came back and we went from 299 yards allowed rushing to 78. Funny how injuries can do that.

You're right, the fact that he grew up in Cleveland is even more reason that Cam will try to get him involved. All his family/friends will be there like I said...

Im tellin you guys...if youre lacking at WR or need a BYE fix like myself...hes goin to break a long one. Guarenteed.

The comments about Cleveland not being the worst DEF...go look at their stats this season and tell me they're not god awful. Dont get technical.

Miami DEF = the worst eh? Zach THomas came back and we went from 299 yards allowed rushing to 78. Funny how injuries can do that.

I agree he is in for a nice week. I see 5-70 and maybe a td. :shocking:

Yeah they were awesome the first two weeks with Zach out there. :doublethumbsup: I guess playing decent defense against a team that didn't have their starting WR and starting RB out there makes them great all of a sudden.

:overhead: