Sign in to follow this  
Return of the King

Gore

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat believes Frank Gore may be in danger of missing next Sunday's game against New Orleans.

Gore sprained an ankle in the first half Sunday, had it taped up on the sideline, then reportedly played the rest of the game on pure adrenaline. 49ers coach Mike Nolan wanted to take him out, but Gore insisted on staying in. More is expected to be known about Gore's injury on Monday. Michael Robinson would likely get the bulk of the load if Gore sits out Week 8.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Related: Maurice Hicks, Michael Robinson

Frank Gore was reportedly "limping noticeably" after spraining his ankle Sunday, but said afterward that he expects to play in Week 8.

"I'm looking forward to playing," Gore said. "I'll take it day by day. I'll see Wednesday or Thursday." Gore played through the injury for the entire second half Sunday despite coach Mike Nolan reportedly wanting to rest him. If he is sidelined, Michael Robinson would likely start in his place.

per rotowire

adrenaline a.ka. pain killer shot to the ankle. alot of guys finish the games they get hurt in. its not until after, where they swell up.

my 1st two draft picks, Gore, Henry! :overhead: lotta underachieving RB's, and injuries, so far this yr.

at least i have Romo, T.O. and Plax. QB/WR carrying me to this point.

my 1st two draft picks, Gore, Henry! :thumbsdown: lotta underachieving RB's, and injuries, so far this yr.

at least i have Romo, T.O. and Plax. QB/WR carrying me to this point.

My first and second also - I need a big nite outta MJD to prevent me from falling below .500 for the first time in 3 years.

Who is the guaranteed BACK UP to Gore? My bye weeks are gone with my RB's and want to pick up Gore's back up. I'm seeing Robinson, Hicks....which is better to grab?

Who is the guaranteed BACK UP to Gore? My bye weeks are gone with my RB's and want to pick up Gore's back up. I'm seeing Robinson, Hicks....which is better to grab?

Robinson

I tivo'd the game and watching it now. I don't see anyway he doesn't play against the New Orleans.

He only missed a few games and even came back before the half.

It is a shame that he is on such a terrible team with such idiotic play calling.

The Giants were only up 13-7 with about 6 minutes to go in the half and Gore had 6 carries for 48 yards.

8 freakin' yards a carry he is averaging and that's all the carries he can get in an offense

run by TRENT DILFER!!!! If anyone in that coaching staff thinks that Dilfer throwing the ball 40 times

is their best oppurtunity for victory then they should be fired immediately.

I'd like to think that Smith coming back is going to help but he wasn't exactly lighting it up to start the season either.

Only positive about Smith is the athleticism he has because they have a terrible pass blocking offensive line.

and here I thought Gore was such a safe pick ....no injury risk :thumbsup: