Sign in to follow this  
ROCKET

Who's the #1 rb in Indy?

The only reason the two backs were alternating every series is because it was obvious that Addai was not in game shape. You could see it when he was on the bench early in the game after a run. The combination of missing two weeks and the Florida humidity was a sure factor in limiting his touches tonight. No doubt Keith will be used this season, but Addai is too good not to prevail as the workhorse as this season progresses especially during the fantasy playoff stretch.

I agree and also factoring in was that Indy got a nice early lead. Why keep pouning a just returned Addai against a pretty stout D? No need to. Although it did cost me a win last night. :overhead:

Addai should heal as the weeks progress. the Jags pound other teams. Indy was being smart and practical about it. I'm definetly not looking to deal any part of the Indy backfield. Every backfield has issue with the exception of SD. Who would you get in return? Westy, FWP, Gore, LJ? Like those guys don't have issues?

Okay maybe AD.. but he's no lock as a rook to finish strong either.. and Indy is a juggernaut.

Quoted from Pasquarelli's article today:

Starting tailback Joseph Addai, whose snaps were closely monitored because of a shoulder injury and who at times was used only on third down, ran for 85 yards.

What the RB situation is telling me is if even sitting for a game plus a bye week, Addai is still banged up ? Could his injury be worse than we thought ? How will he take the weekly pounding now that they don't have a bye week to heal.

What the RB situation is telling me is if even sitting for a game plus a bye week, Addai is still banged up ? Could his injury be worse than we thought ? How will he take the weekly pounding now that they don't have a bye week to heal.

Yup, that's the crux of the issue. It spells RBBC for the forseeable future at least and that BLOWS. Your stud fantasy RB just became an average fantasy RB.

Anyone going to start both of them next week? I am seriously thinking about it as I have maroney and he sucks and they don't run enough.

Yeah. my start 3, TD league.. KK's a lot more enticing than an IR'ed S. Morris and a gimpy Chris Brown.

This way I can be relieved if Addai takes a 70/30 split, goal line, etc. and be okay if KK scores and helps me win. A sad rationalization, but wtf, it worked out well last nite. :thumbsdown:

From Rotoworld (bet they block the site name):

Kenton Keith rushed 15 times for 56 yards and a touchdown in Week 7. He also caught two passes for 16 yards.

Keith put up over 150 yards while filling in for an injured Joseph Addai in Week 5, and while the Colts may have been easing Addai back into action, Keith might have shown enough to create a committee in Indianapolis. It's definitely a situation that bears watching.

From ESPN:

Joseph Addai, Ind RB

News: The even workload Addai and Kenton Keith saw in Monday's win over Jacksonville may have been in part due to Addai's prior chest injury, but head coach Tony Dungy said that he'd like to see the two backs share the workload. "Joseph just coming off missing the week before may have had a little something to do with it," Dungy said in Tuesday's news conference, "but more and more I think having those guys go and keeping guys fresh is going to be good for our running game."

Spin: It didn't sound like Addai's injury was a factor in Monday's game rather than the Colts wanted to play it safe especially once the game became a blowout. Still, Addai may start to get 70 percent or so of the carries rather than the almost 90 percent he had before his injury with the coaching staff growing more confident in Keith.