Sign in to follow this  
mkuz

PORTIS 4 MARONEY

just pulled the trigger and maroney will on my squad very soon...

:sleep: OR :banana:

opinions please....

I have Portis and I don't think I'd sell him for Maroney. I just don't think Maroney will have as many scoring chances since he doesn't seem to get many goal line carries.

I would rather have Portis, IMO. New England throws the ball around like nobody's business and plays a RBBC scheme. NE RB's are garbage!!!

Personally I'd rather have Portis. He hasn't been hurt so far, and Betts hasn't been any threat to him. He's carrying 80% of the load on an offense that is pretty balanced.

Maroney on the other hand has been much more injury prone...how people are saying "oh I'd rather Maroney because Portis will get hurt" is beyond me...Maroney has already been hurt for a good chunk of the season. And if teams don't start slowing Brady down, NE has no reason to give Maroney the ball more than the 6 carries he got last week.

Not to mention Maroney is on a RBBC...and it will pick right back up as soon as Morris is healthy. People thought that when Dillon left, Maroney would take over all the carries. That's not how NE works. Maroney will take over Dillon's share of the carries, and someone else (Morris), will come in to take the share that Maroney had last season. The roles don't change, just the players.

I'd much rather have Portis.

for some reason, I'm not big on maroney. I know he was a high draft and playes on the best offense in the league, but i just have a feeling he will have an overhyped couple years then be viewed as medicore.

Portis on the other hand is very inconsisent. not a bad keeper trade, but for this year, I;d keep portis

I tried trading Garcia/McGahee for Derek Anderson/Maroney. Guy didn't want Willis since he was on bye this week. Now I hope Maroney blows a55 this week.