Sign in to follow this  
swamp dog

LIONS SWEEEPPPPP DA BEARSZ!

waiting for the "this game didn't mean anything cuz we've been out of the playoff race since september and of course the lions won" excuse. :rolleyes:

Of course not, it's not like this is the AFC or we give up our team in September like Lions fans are trained to do. This game was huge and everyone knew it. The division is history and they have almost no chance of making the playoffs. Win that game and they are 4-4 with two home division games and a win over each team ahead of them.

Brutal game to be at. 1-3 at home and 2 of those division losses is horrible. The Lions finally started converting the turnovers they've been forcing and that was huge. Those Brian Griese rainbows make it a bit easier. If I'm a Lions fan, I'm hoping JT and Dan O are ready to step in, b/c Kitna is going to get killed back there. When the OLine actually blocks for him, he often holds the ball too long and causes the sack himself. No wonder they want to be a running team. Kevin Jones looked really good.

still no drj and sweetmeat...somebody put them on a milk carton :shocking:

from mike o'hara's blog at the detnews today: "Watching Brian Griese play QB for the Bears should make people realize what a great coaching job Lloyd Carr did with the 1997 Michigan team that won the national championship."

crassic :rolleyes:

still no drj and sweetmeat...somebody put them on a milk carton :shocking:

from mike o'hara's blog at the detnews today: "Watching Brian Griese play QB for the Bears should make people realize what a great coaching job Lloyd Carr did with the 1997 Michigan team that won the national championship."

crassic :rolleyes:

Good to see Michigan inching back towards the top again too. Granted those 2 defeats earlier this year were pathetic and unexcusable. Since then we've been playing much more like the team we are. I was looking forward to a possible rematch with USC in the Rose Bowl. Looks like we're probably going to see Oregon or Zona State though.

you've only been a lion fan since the hipple/sims era? fock, i remember greg landry, son. welcome.

So you're that old and still act like this? No wonder you spend so much time on here.

Congrats to the classy Lions fans.

So you're that old and still act like this? No wonder you spend so much time on here.

Congrats to the classy Lions fans.

projecting your angst won't turn the bears season around :mad:

i have a looooonnnnngggg way to go to hit the bottom some bear fans have hit at this site with their "class" the past couple of years.

so is tommie harris making any "not in my house" guarantees this week? you guys loved roy shooting his mouth off. not only did harris lip off and guarantee a bear win, he wimped out and spent most of the day watching the game along the sidelines.

. The Lions finally started converting the turnovers they've been forcing and that was huge.

"finally"?

they were leading the league in points off turnovers coming into the game. so i dont know where "finally" figures into it.

i have a looooonnnnngggg way to go to hit the bottom some bear fans have hit at this site with their "class" the past couple of years.

Right, because the way you act had absolutely nothing to do with that.

I have no problem giving the Lions team their due. I'm a fan of both Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. They have a lot of offensive talent, their playcalling has gotten better the last couple of weeks, and their overall attitude has improved thanks to getting a coach with the right demeanor.

The problem is that you inject every Bears thread with negativity, wonder why some Bears fans blast you at every turn, and then you turn right around and start the same old crap when the Lions do well. You run and hide whenever the Lions start playing poorly. You predict a loss, and then gloat when they win. It is impossible for you to be the better man and rise above the childishness that you decry when it goes against you. You can call me projecting all you want, but this has nothing to do with the Bears poor play this year or with the solid Lions play this year. It has everything to do with you.

I have no problem giving the Lions team their due. I'm a fan of both Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. They have a lot of offensive talent, their playcalling has gotten better the last couple of weeks, and their overall attitude has improved thanks to getting a coach with the right attitude.

The problem is that you inject every Bears thread with negativity, wonder why some Bears fans blast you at every turn, and then you turn right around and start the same old crap. You predict a loss, and then gloat when they win. It is impossible for you to be the better man and rise above the childishness that you decry when it goes against you. You can call me projecting all you want, but this has nothing to do with the Bears poor play this year or with the solid Lions play this year. It has everything to do with you.

btw:

lions sweep da bearszszz!!!! :unsure:

just a fact. nothing more. stop getting so upset about it.

I have no problem giving the Lions team their due. I'm a fan of both Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. They have a lot of offensive talent, their playcalling has gotten better the last couple of weeks, and their overall attitude has improved thanks to getting a coach with the right demeanor.

The problem is that you inject every Bears thread with negativity, wonder why some Bears fans blast you at every turn, and then you turn right around and start the same old crap when the Lions do well. You run and hide whenever the Lions start playing poorly. You predict a loss, and then gloat when they win. It is impossible for you to be the better man and rise above the childishness that you decry when it goes against you. You can call me projecting all you want, but this has nothing to do with the Bears poor play this year or with the solid Lions play this year. It has everything to do with you.

Spot on. :wub:

The sad and pathetic thing is that he claims not to care about the Bears (or Packers) yet has been the negative spin in every one of those threads for years. You can tell the way he is acting now that this was his Superbowl. Pacing around the house in the days leading up to the game, on pins and needles throughout. For years his bitterness over the Lions failures caused him to lash out like a child in trying to bring others down to his level. But it all lead up to this day where the Bears season long doldrums met up with the young Lions. Even he could not fathom the outcome as he predicted the Leo's would lose heading in. Was this a prediction or the mind game defense mechanism that he has learned to employ over the years - Predict the suckiness takes the sting out of the reality.

He quotes "i have a looooonnnnngggg way to go to hit the bottom some bear fans have hit at this site with their "class" the past couple of years". Who is he talking about exactly? Is it one, two, many? Who are they? No one has really given a sh!t about the Lions all of these years except to banter back and forth with shots that swamp threw out starting the crap in the first place. Does he honestly think that there has been more of a troll or negative presence than he in the last 5 years of NFCN Battles?? Does he actually think that he has some kind of high ground here today where others have been picking on him all of these years and now that the Leos won a couple of games, well its payback time dammit!

So all the while not caring about the Bears, he keeps quoting Bear fans in his sig and keep bumping any thread that he can on negative Bear news. Forget about the bet welching, the tantrums, the childish lashing out all these years. Forget about his negativity towards the Bears and Pack on every thread and issue for the past 5 years. Forget about the chastising that he gave fellow Leo fans for even supporting the team by watching games as recent as last year. Forget about the annual tail tucking between his legs each year at this time as he ran off the board after months of spewing nonsense and trolling other teams threads. Even forget about how his own team's fans are embarassed by him and his action then and most of all now ...

This is his superbowl - his independence day - FREEDOM!!@@##!!

Spot on. :thumbsup:

The sad and pathetic thing is that he claims not to care about the Bears (or Packers) yet has been the negative spin in every one of those threads for years. You can tell the way he is acting now that this was his Superbowl. Pacing around the house in the days leading up to the game, on pins and needles throughout. For years his bitterness over the Lions failures caused him to lash out like a child in trying to bring others down to his level. But it all lead up to this day where the Bears season long doldrums met up with the young Lions. Even he could not fathom the outcome as he predicted the Leo's would lose heading in. Was this a prediction or the mind game defense mechanism that he has learned to employ over the years - Predict the suckiness takes the sting out of the reality.

He quotes "i have a looooonnnnngggg way to go to hit the bottom some bear fans have hit at this site with their "class" the past couple of years". Who is he talking about exactly? Is it one, two, many? Who are they? No one has really given a sh!t about the Lions all of these years except to banter back and forth with shots that swamp threw out starting the crap in the first place. Does he honestly think that there has been more of a troll or negative presence than he in the last 5 years of NFCN Battles?? Does he actually think that he has some kind of high ground here today where others have been picking on him all of these years and now that the Leos won a couple of games, well its payback time dammit!

So all the while not caring about the Bears, he keeps quoting Bear fans in his sig and keep bumping any thread that he can on negative Bear news. Forget about the bet welching, the tantrums, the childish lashing out all these years. Forget about his negativity towards the Bears and Pack on every thread and issue for the past 5 years. Forget about the chastising that he gave fellow Leo fans for even supporting the team by watching games as recent as last year. Forget about the annual tail tucking between his legs each year at this time as he ran off the board after months of spewing nonsense and trolling other teams threads. Even forget about how his own team's fans are embarassed by him and his action then and most of all now ...

This is his superbowl - his independence day - FREEDOM!!@@##!!

didn't read this treatise, but i'll summarize:

--my bears blow donkey balls so i'll take it out on swamp

--the lions sweep the bears

--the lions are a superior football team to the bears this season.

stick to the facts. leave the emotion out of it <_<

Lion's have a big game this Sunday against the Broncos--it will not be easy. They follow that up with Arizona and the Giants. Best case scenario imo is them sneaking two wins out heading into a Thanksgiving day match-up against the Packers. Like one of the Lion's said "each game gets bigger"--"each game gets more important". What makes this years Lions different then the previous year's teams is they move on each week. They don't get too excited about a win, and they don't get too worried about a loss. They concentrate on what they need to improve on and go from there. I, as a faithful fan for many years, am going to take the same approach.

It is exciting to be playing some meaningful games halfway through the season.... :thumbsdown: