Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

Peenie strikes again!

Dunno which is worse. gocolts putting the moves on peenie or her responding.

:GoodLordwords:

what's wrong with answering that yes that's my picture?

no one is trying to hook up here.

my pictures are public and anyone can look at them, that's why i posted them.

and who are you anyway?

Aaahhh, where to start....

Thats the thing, a lot of people don't feel cracker is racist. I agree with peenies description of what a cracker is. And something is focking wrong because i agree 100% giants fan. I'm guessing earth is now gonna crash into the moon or something.

Some people may not feel that it's racist, but it is. The sad part is, y'all don't have the first clue where the term came from. It was originated in the black community by black slaves as a description of the white slave masters because the slave masters would "crack" their whip. Hence the term "cracker".

But yea, ###### was a word founded on hate. Its main intent was to put someone down. Its derogatory.

Here I agree with you. That term has nothing associated with it but hate and is solely intended to be demeaning and derogatory.

I think words/phrases like trailer trash are wayyyy worse than cracker. If i saw a white guy tryin to do the robot, i'd say.. look at that cracker dance. Not to put him down, be derogatory, but because i would think its funny.

For white people, this is just a matter of principle. None of you guys are actually offended by the word. You guys just think its bullsh1t that people can say cracker freely, but non-black people can't say ######. Thats what it boils down to. You guys are choosing the wrong word to make a stand on. Choose redneck or trailer trash or something.

Theres never been a black guy who owned white slaves and called them cracker.

Again, ###### and cracker have different meanings. If i saw a black guy dancing poorly, i'd say, he's pulling a karlton (i've never spelled that name before, but i'm talkin about the guy from fresh prince, that dance is hillarious).

I just think a lot of people don't consider cracker as racist. Its not that there are no racist white words because i've said myself that i think redneck and trailer trash are offensive words. Cracker, not so much.

But then again, the source does matter. If a black cop busted some white kid and said something like, yea now what cracka, ima get your ass, then that'd be wrong. But in general, i don't think cracker is meant to be offensive.

As for the rest of this, please explain to me why, if cracker isn't a racial slur, then why does every thug down in the hood refer to me that way as a white police officer??????

And in that situation, they would be offended, upset, and complain if I referred to them in the same manner they refer to me. How is one acceptable, yet one is totally unacceptable???

Racial slurs are racial slurs. It doesn't matter how old or young they are, or whether it's ok for people of the same race to use a term affectionately. They shouldn't be used by anyone, period.

You guys are picking the wrong word to fight over. Pick an actual offensive word.

And, I'm sorry, but who are you as a black man to tell me as a white man what slur about my race I should find offensive?? You wouldn't appreciate it if I said what I thought you should find offensive and what you should not, so please don't do it to me.

I'm brown.

But, you're right, it can be offensive. The source and intent has a lot to do with it, so it can be offensive.

I'm brown.

But, you're right, it can be offensive. The source and intent has a lot to do with it, so it can be offensive.

My bad on that. I simply assumed based on several statements you have made that you were black. That's my fault for making an unsupported assumption.

:overhead:

I just made the assumption based on some of the posts of yours that I have read on several topics. Nothing specific, just the way I took some of the things you have said.

Again, it was an erroneous assumption on my part.

I just made the assumption based on some of the posts of yours that I have read on several topics. Nothing specific, just the way I took some of the things you have said.

Again, it was an erroneous assumption on my part.

My bad. I'm just use to everyone making smart ass remarks constantly. I'm brown though. Punjabi. Well i guess you could say indian but i don't claim that, i claim punjabi. I'm the other guys that wear turbans but get grouped with muslim turban wearers.

My bad. I'm just use to everyone making smart ass remarks constantly. I'm brown though. Punjabi. Well i guess you could say indian but i don't claim that, i claim punjabi. I'm the other guys that wear turbans but get grouped with muslim turban wearers.

:thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned, we're all good. I'll make an occasional smart @ss remark, but I usually try to stay away from going after people unless they come after me first. And I definitely wouldn't be a smart @ss in a fairly serious thread like this about race. It's just too sensitive on all sides of the spectrum.

But, that also explains why you didn't see the term "cracker" as particularly offensive. It wouldn't have the same history with you as it does with a black man/woman whose ancestry somewhere down the geneological line dealt with slavery.

It's all good, my friend.... :wall: