Sign in to follow this  
Rocko1959

Scoring Changes after the NFL game is Done

Where do I go to check to see if any scoring changes have occurred this week after the games have been completed. I have 2 teams that are fighting for 1st and 1 person lost by .5 points. We have a rule in our league that allows up to 1 full week from Monday night to Monday for any scoring changes to affect the outcome of the matchup. The last commish used to follow up on this but he has left and left no info on where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

If a scoring change happens, it is up to the owner of the team to bring it to the attention of the commissioner. That way, you are giving the burden of proof to others.

Also, if it is a major scoring change, it's usually pointed out in fantasy football forums during the week.

I wish I knew of a good place to check. I need .2 of a point :dunno:

I would be careful about changing stats in your league unless you have a written rule in place. Trying to find 2 websites that agree with each other is sometimes difficult.

Our league uses IDP and our site is CBS Sportsline (the best in the biz I think). We have had a couple of close games this year and owners have wanted to go to the "official" NFL Game book as provided by nfl.com. Word of caution...this game book is not updated after the games are completed and the play by play stats do not match the player summaries (regarding defensive players).

I suggest that your leage does some research on which sites update stats after Monday night and set a deadline to file appeals (likely no later than Friday to make changes). Also, put the onus on the owner to provide the proof so that you as the commissioner are not doing all the digging.

Good luck.

we are with tqstats.com. we are in our 5th year, my 1st as commish. i thought the site that hosted your league took care of this. i've seen some minor changes for my teams over the years but i don't think anyone in our league has every thought they got screwed. does this happen?

Where do I go to check to see if any scoring changes have occurred this week after the games have been completed. I have 2 teams that are fighting for 1st and 1 person lost by .5 points. We have a rule in our league that allows up to 1 full week from Monday night to Monday for any scoring changes to affect the outcome of the matchup. The last commish used to follow up on this but he has left and left no info on where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Two points:

1. I agree with the earlier post. You should have it in your rules that owners involved in the games need to address the situations to the commish in order for the scoring to be reviewed.

2. the Monday to Monday thing is a stupid rule. Whaddya do if it's the playoffs... and results are changed after games have been played... and the 'real' winner didn't set a lineup?

Well thanks for the advice and the link for Elias stat changes. The owner who was losing went in and found that Chicago had lost a sack. Thus he won by .5 the other owner went into nfl.com as our backup to cbssportsline ( which we use ) and went into boxscore and verified that he did indeed lost a sack but he also noticed that his def came up with a extra fumble lost by the raiders so he ends up winning by .5 again ! So the live scoring credits him with 2 fumbles and the updated boxscore credits him with 3 fumbles. Why would this not show up on the Elias stat changes. Does anyone else know if the Raiders did lose 3 fumbles ? Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Well that sack that was taken away from the Bear's defense would change the outcome of my game from a loss to a win for me. Unfortunately the rules in our leagues state that we go with whatever our host site says (statsworld). Statsworld hasn't made the changes, so I still have a loss last week.

The box score on NFL.com appears to show three fumbles, which two were lost (last time I checked).

If you go into gamebook and then look at the boxscore you will now see 3 fumbles and all 3 were lost to Chicago. So that's where he picked up the extra point, but never saw the change on Elias. It was not there on Sunday in the live scoring which still shows 2 fumbles. So if it was not for him looking to check the point he lost, he would have found the other point to win.

I'm just wondering why it would not show up in the Elias stat changes and how do I verify that there were actually 3 fumbles lost by the Raiders. Fargas, Higgins & McNown all shown has having fumble and lost it.

bump. Any suggestions ?

The league bylaws must designate an official source, and must live by that. If you don't have one it opens up room for interpretation which has to be ultimately decided by the commish. If the source you use is mainstream, it will most likely match offical NFL decisions, but if it doesn't too bad. Discuss changing your source in the offseason. FYI, I also use myfantasyleague and it's a great site