Sign in to follow this  
BoltFan

Skins D a sneaky play this week with all that has happened?

I've benched my TN D at home verse Houston and inserted Washington.

Anybody else thinking along these lines?

I did the same thing today. The Titans havn't looked to good lately so I fully intend on cashing in on Taylor's death by riding his teams emotions! Does that make me a bad person?

I picked them up then dropped them. Taylor had half of their interceptions and while Buffalo does suck, I think the loss of this player will cost them dearly.

I only plan on using them for a 1 week fill-in. Don't really care about how they perform weeks 14-17.

I only plan on using them for a 1 week fill-in. Don't really care about how they perform weeks 14-17.

That was my plan too but I have Chargers vs K.C. which IMO is a safer play.

WAS will likely outscore TEN's DST, simply because they have a better matchup.

You might be thinking "Brett Favre after his dad died", but I doubt that'll happen this week.

i picked them up for this matchup before taylor was shot. i do expect the emotion to make it an even better play now.

This is risky, since one of two things will occur. The Redskins will either suck it up and play horrible defense, or they will rise to the occasion and beat the living sh-- out of their opponent.

50/50 Your call :pointstosky:

they are pretty dinged up on defense..both corners on IR.. but to answer the question.. hellllllz yeah I picked them up, they are gonna have a field day with that sorry offense at home :o

Look at what the Giants did to the Redskins after Wellington Mara died (36-0 beatdown if you don't recall). I can see the same thing happening this week to the Bills.

The loss of Taylor was actually a huge reason I didn't want to start A-Train/Jackson this week, since I figured the team would rally to come up with a huge win. My only other option, though, was picking up Chicago's Peterson. Starting him against a Giants team that got slaughtered last week didn't sit too well. In other words, avoid at all costs:

1. Starting players against teams who just suffered a death.

2. Starting players against teams who got reamed the previous week.

If I had the option to start WASH DEF, I probably would.

Look at what the Giants did to the Redskins after Wellington Mara died (36-0 beatdown if you don't recall). I can see the same thing happening this week to the Bills.

The loss of Taylor was actually a huge reason I didn't want to start A-Train/Jackson this week, since I figured the team would rally to come up with a huge win. My only other option, though, was picking up Chicago's Peterson. Starting him against a Giants team that got slaughtered last week didn't sit too well. In other words, avoid at all costs:

1. Starting players against teams who just suffered a death.

2. Starting players against teams who got reamed the previous week.

If I had the option to start WASH DEF, I probably would.

I almost dropped out of college when my dad passed away. I personally don't see how people can be focused on work after just losing a loved one. Not to mention Taylor didn't die naturally or from an accident, he was gunned down in his own house.

I'd be leaning towards starting anyone playing the Redskins from now on.

One difference is that Wellington didn't actually play on the team. Sean Taylor was actually a pretty important part of the Skins defense, so while they may or may not be riding an emotional wave, it's still tough to overcome the loss from a pure personnel persepctive.

What do you guys think about the offense...especially Campbell? I have Rivers/Young as my QB's and can get Campbell for waiver. I need to win this week to get to playoffs. Do you think I should pick him and start him?

Emotion will only go so far. The team is exhausted right now, plus the fact that they do not force turnovers in general and Taylor accounted for a majority.

I almost dropped out of college when my dad passed away. I personally don't see how people can be focused on work after just losing a loved one. Not to mention Taylor didn't die naturally or from an accident, he was gunned down in his own house.

I'd be leaning towards starting anyone playing the Redskins from now on.

You are 100% correct. The Redskins lost a player on their team, this is totally different than an old man they lost when Mara died. You expect the elderly to die, you don't expect to lose a 24 year old man. They already asked for the game to be postponed which tells me that they do not want to play this game. Now, they have to play a game and then board a flight to Miami to bury Taylor on Monday. Then. . .get ready to play a Thursday night game next week. Don't be surprised if Buffalo serves up a nice beat down!

You are 100% correct. The Redskins lost a player on their team, this is totally different than an old man they lost when Mara died. You expect the elderly to die, you don't expect to lose a 24 year old man. They already asked for the game to be postponed which tells me that they do not want to play this game. Now, they have to play a game and then board a flight to Miami to bury Taylor on Monday. Then. . .get ready to play a Thursday night game next week. Don't be surprised if Buffalo serves up a nice beat down!

Now you're talking out of your arse. No Lynch, Edwards at QB......A-Train dinged up......this offense is severely limited.

In my leagues scoring.....if I can get a few sacks, an INT and/or fumble recovery, and hold the Bills to 13 points or under......I'll be more than happy.

Washington: 24

Buffalo: 13

Now you're talking out of your arse. No Lynch, Edwards at QB......A-Train dinged up......this offense is severely limited.

In my leagues scoring.....if I can get a few sacks, an INT and/or fumble recovery, and hold the Bills to 13 points or under......I'll be more than happy.

Washington: 24

Buffalo: 13

I dunno about a beat down but I'm betting Fred Jackson will be next week's top waiver wire pick, especially in PPR leagues, if he hasn't been picked up already this week.

I dunno about a beat down but I'm betting Fred Jackson will be next week's top waiver wire pick, especially in PPR leagues, if he hasn't been picked up already this week.

Nah.........Lynch is EXPECTED back next week.