Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Roy Williams this week

I have read some people thinking about benching him this week, due to his suckass week last week. But Roy went for 7 cathes 111 yards and 1 TD in Wk 2 vs the Vikings, while Detoit played a lot of them game in shutgun with 4 WR's. They did not really even attempt to run the ball.

Also here is an article with Martz talking about Roy, and how he said they need to get him the ball more. Kitna loves Roy, and I think he knows he stared down Megatron last week, so I looke for Roy to duplicate his numbers from week 2

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...034/1048/SPORTS

F ROY!! It's all about MEGATRON NOW :(

F ROY!! It's all about MEGATRON NOW :overhead:

Nope they tried that last week, and he dropped everything near him in the 1st half!

F ROY!! It's all about MEGATRON NOW :overhead:

And I really thought the Lions would make the playoffs! At this point Roy is the better WR BY FAR.

Nope they tried that last week, and he dropped everything near him in the 1st half!

but he ended with 7 receptions for 83 yards and a TD. <_<

He's caught a TD from Kitna the last two games.

That's because they literally forced him the ball Kitna stared him down. I dunno I just dont see that happening again

And I think it cost them the game. Remember they put the whole offense on his shoulders so that is not much production.

That being said I don't think he is a bad start this week.

And I think it cost them the game. Remember they put the whole offense on his shoulders so that is not much production.

That being said I don't think he is a bad start this week.

Agreed I think he is a nice #3 or flex this week as well, but this was more for Roy owners to not sit him this week

That's because they literally forced him the ball Kitna stared him down. I dunno I just dont see that happening again

ah I see. I didn't see the game, so wasn't sure. Well, I am playing Calvin and playing against ROY, so I am hoping for a lot of looking in Calvin's direction again I suppose.

Calvin did drop a pass in the end zone, but the DB was all in his grill, tripping into him. Should have had it, but it wasn't a for sure kind of reception.

I think they keep feeding him the ball, as he's only going to get better with more looks and exp.

Calvin got those targets because he was being covered by J. Bush, while the other WRs drew Woodson & Harris

no questions about it

I'm on the fence about Roy at WR2 this week because my other option is Galloway agains the Saints. Galloway had like 150 yards and 2 TD's v. the Saints earlier this year. BTW my WR1 is Fitz.

I'm on the fence about Roy at WR2 this week because my other option is Galloway agains the Saints. Galloway had like 150 yards and 2 TD's v. the Saints earlier this year. BTW my WR1 is Fitz.

I'd go with Galloway for sure. He'll most likely light em up.

I may have to sit Roy.

It's either him, Grant, Boldin or Ajohnson

Kitna was tripping all over himself trying to get the ball to Megatron last week... it was embarrassing.

It had little to do with the coverage, since Kitna didn't even look in Roy's direction on about 85% (non-scientific) of the plays, although the coverage was very good.

Megatron got just about the lowest number of potential yards and TDs for the number of targets he had, and he dropped a LOT of passes when Detroit was still in the game.

Kitna was tripping all over himself trying to get the ball to Megatron last week... it was embarrassing.

It had little to do with the coverage, since Kitna didn't even look in Roy's direction on about 85% (non-scientific) of the plays, although the coverage was very good.

what I'm saying is not that the coverage was so good that he couldn't have gone to the other recveievers. I'm saying it was game plan.

"Roy is covered by Harris. McDonald covered by Woodson. Looks like we'll be going to Calvin all day"

as a Packer fan, I've seen it happen before

I'd go with Galloway for sure. He'll most likely light em up.

Tough choice there, but yeah Galloway just because of his past against them

But no QB throwing to him.. Meh I say Roy still

Start Owens, Roy and Hines this week. I play against all 3 in my big $$$ league against a guy that always posts his biggest numbers against me every week/year for some reason. I was pissed to draw him in the first round. Start J Campbell as well. He is starting him as his #2QB (we start 2) and earlier this year I played against him when Campbell went off against the Lions. Expect Campbell to play flawless against the Bills this weekend. And since I start Portis, consider sitting him :bandana:

I am starting ROY and Kitna this week and feel good about it.

That being said, it will probably be a 17-7 game or something....

You shouldn't try to run on the Vikes, so passing should be the only way the Lions have a shot at winning. I think that Martz comes out of his amnesia and starts passing of old.

I am starting Kitna and think he is due for a big game as well.

On another note, how small are Kitna's hands? That boy fumbles as much as Kurt Warner.

Don't have a link, but Martz said this week they are going to make an effort to get the ball in Roy's hands more often.

Tough choice there, but yeah Galloway just because of his past against them

But no QB throwing to him.. Meh I say Roy still

Hey, thanks for the heads up on Garcia being hurt, I didn't know. I'll take 85 yards in the first half and hope for garbage points in the comeback attempt. Might have to start Galloway anyway if Fitz doesn't go.