Sign in to follow this  
FrankRizzo

PLAYOFFS ....

1st year Commish here ... just want to review others and make sure I did it right this year ....

10 team, 2 divisions, Heads Up, $10 per loss

Weeks 1-13 = Regular Season (play each in division twice, once in other)

Top 6 make it to the "playoffs":

Week 14 = Round 1, division leaders bye weeks and 15% of the pot each, other top four square off, winners move on and get 5% each

Week 15 = Round 2, winners play division winners, winners move on and get 10%

Week 16 = SuperBowl, 25% for winner, 15% for loser

The four losers from the regular season play the last 3 weeks against each other in TOTAL POINTS each week.

5pts=highest scorer, 3pts=2nd, 1pt=3rd, 0=last

At the end of the 3 weeks whomever has the highest points wins the "loser" pot.

HOW DO YOU ALL DO IT???

12 teams - 3 divisions.

3 division winers (2 get byes) - seeds #1, 2, & 3

Next two wildcrads - best record seed #4 and 5

Final wildcard - highest remining points (could be 2 and 12 record wise) - seed #6

Loser bowl format - 6 teams not in playoffs

Worst two teams get byes.

Other four play first week

First win eliminates you

Team who doens't win buys beverages at next years draft

10 team, 2 divisions, Heads Up, $10 per loss

Top 6 make it to the "playoffs":

I don't like seeing 60% of the league going to the playoffs.

I'm running a 10-team h2h keeper league. Standard playoff setup. 14 reg season weeks. Weeks 15 1vs4, 2vs3. Week 16 is superbowl and 3rd place game. The other 6 teams play in the toilet bowl.

We are considering expanding to 12 teams next year which presents a lot of choices for divisions and regular season and playoff scheduling. I'm thinking 3 4-team divisions. Play each divisional opponent twice, everyone else once = 14 week reg season. But then do we send the top 4 or top 6 to the playoffs?

12 teams - 3 divisions.

Final wildcard - highest remining points (could be 2 and 12 record wise) - seed #6

First win eliminates you

Thanks for the reply ... now I like this format!!

Especially say if you had 2nd or 3rd in highest points but are in last place due to always played against scoring leader each week you get a chance at the #6 seed .... very nice!

I think we might actually increase from 10 teams to 12 and do this format ... thanks again!!!

:doublethumbsup:

my league sucks...

14 teams 8 make it

1st 75%

2nd 25%

I was the 1st seed 3 out of 5 years and lost to the 8 seed twice :rolleyes:

You think that's bad? How about a 10 team'r with 8 making the playoffs! I've been in "friendly" neighborhood leagues with that format before for a couple of bucks - no big deal - But this is mid $ league (low $200's depending on number of transactions). Every year before the draft I campaign for a 6-team playoff and barlely find another owner or two to back me. 2 years ago we had a 4-9 team make the playoffs and make it all the way to the SB. Thank goodness I kicked his butt for the Championship! I thought for sure I'd win vote the following year, but lost 6-4!

12 teams no divisions who play all 17 weeks on a point system(we still play h2h as well and give a small cash prize to top record) which gives the top scorer of the week 11 and on down to 0.Those points are added week to week and at the end of 17 weeks top 6 make our play-offs.

Play-off redraft is Friday night before NFL play-offs and top 6 teams can redraft from bottom 6 play-off players however roster status must remain the same as regular season.We then start a tournament of points which allows 6 owners to compete thru the NFL Super Bowl as long as they have players to start.

Most points at end of NFL Super Bowl wins 75% of redraft pot and $100 with runner-up getting 25% and $25.

Oh yeah,we have two trophies one for regular season champ and one for Super Bowl champ,we also pay out decent cash prizes to the top 6 at the end of the regular season as well as bonus cash prizes for high one game qb,rb etc.

League entry is $130 per owner

12 teams no divisions who play all 17 weeks on a point system(we still play h2h as well and give a small cash prize to top record) which gives the top scorer of the week 11 and on down to 0.Those points are added week to week and at the end of 17 weeks top 6 make our play-offs.

Play-off redraft is Friday night before NFL play-offs and top 6 teams can redraft from bottom 6 play-off players however roster status must remain the same as regular season.We then start a tournament of points which allows 6 owners to compete thru the NFL Super Bowl as long as they have players to start.

Most points at end of NFL Super Bowl wins 75% of redraft pot and $100 with runner-up getting 25% and $25.

Oh yeah,we have two trophies one for regular season champ and one for Super Bowl champ,we also pay out decent cash prizes to the top 6 at the end of the regular season as well as bonus cash prizes for high one game qb,rb etc.

League entry is $130 per owner

That's pretty badass. Really maximizes the full NFL season into the fantasy season. You should figure out a way to incorporate the Pro Bowl in there somehow, heh.

That's pretty badass. Really maximizes the full NFL season into the fantasy season. You should figure out a way to incorporate the Pro Bowl in there somehow, heh.

We've utilized the format 3 years now and every owner loves it.

12 teams - 3 divisions.

First win eliminates you

great playoff setting i really dig the loser bowl prize.

10 Team League - playoff pool - right through the Superbowl

8 teams make it - 1vs 8 and so on...we take a week off for the Wildcard and then it's go time.

The idea is to draft players on teams who will make the playoffs balanced with ones who can score.

Redraft before each playoff round

1 seed and down to 8 - 4 picks 1st rd max -3 second and 2 last.

It's a cool format - played in it, well since Eric Green was my TE - so a while now.