Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Cincy DST.....

thinking about picking up cincy dst with a strong possibility of brock berlin starting.

am i crazy....we get a pt a sack and 3pts a to and 5pts hold under 200 net pass and 100rush?

thoughts????

I hate to bench NYG def but this is tempting? :rolleyes:

If Berlin is starting I don't think it's a bad option. Berlin wasn't that good in college, and I'm surprised he is even on a roster in the NFL. He has never started a regular season NFL game, and the Rams offensive line is riddled by injuries. That sounds like a good matchup for a defense.

I picked them up last week (I have a bye this week) as a strong playoff play. So much so that I dropped the Jags DEF to pick up P. Thomas today.

don't over think ........sir

I do every year come playoff time.....good luck

lol thanks.....

I am thinking about only because the only other option is Philly or KC...HOWEVER, i already used this logic once this year and it was a major backfire....remember the Cleveland game, lot of talk about using Cincy D that week...now in retrospect it turns out Cleveland was somewhat legit...

As far as stopping the run, it is a heck of a lot easier to stop the run when a defense knows that it is coming over and over again...it will be hard for the Rams to establish the pass with Berlin at QB, w/o the threat of the pass, stopping the run will be a lot easier

all that being said, i am sick to my stomach with the thought of starting the Cincy D for the first round of the playoffs...god knows they make Berlin look like a stud...

:ninja:

I benched NE D vs Chargers for Cincy D vs Browns in week 2 , NE D = 18 pts. Cincy D= -2 pts. Don't be a victim :unsure:

Brock Berlin though.......??? vs Mcnabb if i play the giants????

help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

cincy dst or not???? 1pt sack 3pts to 5pts under 200 net pass 5pts under 100 rush 7pts td////

:wave: equals me...... my other choice is nyg at philly :clap:

is the bills def. available, thinking of benching the giants for them this week. the play the phins at home in some very crappy weather. i would be very cautious playing the cin. def. though

If Berlin starts....heavy dose of Stephen Jackson. Have the Bengals stopped the run this year?

I don't know why people think Cincy is a good start. They suck! Brock will look like Tony Romo against the bungals defense. They can't stop anyone and are a desperation start. :pointstosky:

Ok, I realize that Cinci's defense blows, but this is the one time I'd consider starting them..for the following reason's.

- Going against a QB that's never thrown a pass in the NFL

- They're slowing getting guys back from injury, so they're not quite as bad as they usually are.

- Game will be in less than perfect weather

Again, I'd only start them if it was a toss up against some other questionable options.

one word...............brock berlin.....????

:lol:

Lol, I am in the same boat. I have to choose between Tenn and Cinci. Normally that would not be that hard, but Tenn has not been good lately, and for God's sake, Cinci is going against Brock Berlin!!!!!!!

:huh:

Lol, I am in the same boat. I have to choose between Tenn and Cinci. Normally that would not be that hard, but Tenn has not been good lately, and for God's sake, Cinci is going against Brock Berlin!!!!!!!

Ive got the same choice, Tenn/Cinn, and I have Tenn in now but by the deadline it will probably be Cinn.

Just cant start Tenn vs SD when Cinn has the better chance of points agaiinst the Berlin Rams.

Brock Berlin though.......??? vs Mcnabb if i play the giants????

That's the same thing people said about Derek Anderson before he proceeded to torch Cincy D for 5 TDs. Cincy D is the place where legends are born.

That's the same thing people said about Derek Anderson before he proceeded to torch Cincy D for 5 TDs. Cincy D is the place where legends are born.

would you play cincy over nyg with banged up secondary, possibly no antonio pierce lb, and going against mcnabb, westy, etc. :dunno:

Ive come to the conclusion (yes, Im a genius :dunno:), that if we are all at this level of desperation.. Cinn, Tenn, Miami, NYG, etc... than it really doesnt matter, and you are probablly better off just flipping a coin or throwing a dart. Everytime I think Im really analyzing and extracting that little extra bit of info that nobody else has thought of,, I end up worse off, than if I had gone with my original turd matchup that I had in already.

We are dealing with turds here guys, and it really makes no difference from one turd to the next.

On that note, Im staying with my original Turd Tenn D, after wasting several precious moments of my life the past few days changing from Cinn to Tenn, back to Cinn, back to Tenn.... its totally crapalicious, enjoy.

I'm starting the Bengals this weekend and feel pretty good about it. They have been playing better of late - a big part of that was moving Geathers to LB. Plus. at least in my league, the Rams are giving up the 3rd most points to fantasy defenses - and that was with Bulger/Frerotte behind center. We'll see, but I picked them up a couple of weeks ago for this matchup alone...

Raining its ass off in the Cinci area right now.

isn't that bad?

i mean it'll be low scoring, but also little passing less chance of a turnover.

i hope cincy tanks this week, because i need them for next week at SF :unsure: