Sign in to follow this  
NastyFreak

KEEPER SLEEPER

My keeper league team is out of contention and I'm just playing out the stretch, looking to knock someone out of the playoffs just for kicks.

Anyway... who are the guys I should be targeting on the waiver wire now? Guys who have almost no value this season, but could be real sleepers and keeper-worthy by the time the 2008 season rolls around. I'm in a large league and have some useless veteran players (like Steve McNair) who are just wasting space on my current roster.

Anyone have a list of candidates at the offensive skill positions?

I just picked up Michael Turner...

Someone dropped him in a keeper league? What a retard.

I would have to say Sydney Rice. If they can get any kind of good play at QB he could be a beast. I would also look at Brady Quinn. He may or may not start next year. If they do move anderson quinn would be in line for a decent year with the weapons they have.

A couple players who will be much more valuable next season:

Jay Cutler (has all the talent, all the weapons, could be a Top 5 QB very soon)

Chris Henry - Titans (showed really nice ability, should have a chance to start, team has great oline)

Jacoby Jones - Texans (has alot of talent, should get a chance to start opposite Andre Johnson next year)

Anthony Gonzales (the next WR to benefit from Peyton)

James Jones - Green Bay (has plenty of talent, should start soon)

At QB, Jason Campbell has a lot of potential and could be available now that he's out.

At WR, I agree with Sidney Rice and would add DJ Hackett is he's out there.

At RB, it's hard to pick sleepers, but how about Michael Bush.

Maybe Troy Smith at QB as well.

I'm not sure if Dwayne Bowe would qualify as a sleeper anymore, but he's put together a nice season on a pretty poor offence. When Larry Johnson returns for a full season, I can see his value increasing for next year.

You play with some idiots. I bet that's alot of fun.

It's a two player keeper in a ten team league....needless to say most owners already have two guys they want to keep more than Michael Turner....I, on the other hand, have Larry Johnson and Frank Gore, both of whom look like good keepers but destroyed my fantasy season....picked up Turner just in case Johnson's injury is more severe than Herm is letting on...

This is the 2nd time I've seen Jason Campbell getting love in a dynasty thread and as a Campbell owner I just don't get it. His arm isn't that great and his situation is poor.

I guess I play with decent owners. Every guy mentioned in this thread (except Ricky Williams) is already on a roster.

Jay Cutler? Really... he's probably on every redraft roster right now, let alone keeper league. I'm looking for the real sleepers. Jacoby Jones, for example, is the type of name I was looking for (but we have a Texans fan as an owner in our league, so he's gone). We have large rosters (21 players x 10 teams) and keep 12 each year, so I was looking for some more obscure (but potential-laden) names.

I guess I play with decent owners. Every guy mentioned in this thread (except Ricky Williams) is already on a roster.

Jay Cutler? Really... he's probably on every redraft roster right now, let alone keeper league. I'm looking for the real sleepers. Jacoby Jones, for example, is the type of name I was looking for (but we have a Texans fan as an owner in our league, so he's gone). We have large rosters (21 players x 10 teams) and keep 12 each year, so I was looking for some more obscure (but potential-laden) names.

You seem to know as much as the next guy, why don't you post who is available that YOU think might have potential and then let us comment on whether or not WE think he has potontial? F all this guessing what you want to hear crap. It's a 2 player keeper, doubt that anyone that hasn't been mentioned or isn't on a roster would be worth keeping in such a format.

You seem to know as much as the next guy, why don't you post who is available that YOU think might have potential and then let us comment on whether or not WE think he has potontial? F all this guessing what you want to hear crap. It's a 2 player keeper, doubt that anyone that hasn't been mentioned or isn't on a roster would be worth keeping in such a format.

:overhead:

Yeah, dude was a little obnoxious considering he was asking for our help...

Not really sleepers now, but they were when I picked them up:

D. Anderson and R. Grant. I own them in a two player keeper/auction league...cap set at 120. Since both were WW pickups I can keep them and it would only cost me a buck a piece heading into the 2008 FF draft. I'm hoping they turn into no brainer keepers for me. :overhead:

Sorry for the perceived arrogance in my last post. I just thought it funny that someone would suggest Jay Cutler as a deep sleeper for a keeper league. Clearly I overestimated the fantasy knowledge of some of the general populace here.

Since you need to be spoon-fed a list instead of being asked to think for yourself :banana: ... Here you go. (These are guys off the top of my head who will be free agents, were injured in 07, were backups with some upside who might get a shot, etc.):

QB: Jim Sorgi, Josh or Luke McCown, Dan Orlovsky, Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Chris Simms, Charlie Frye, Tyler Thigpen

RB: Greg Jones, Aaron Stecker, Musa Smith, LaBrandon Toefield, Verron Haynes, Mewelde Moore, Tatum Bell, Michael Pittman, Kenny Irons, Samkon Gado, Dominic Rhodes

WR: Terry Glenn, Jason Avant, Dwayne Jarrett, Jerome Mathis, Bryant Johnson, Keary Colbert, Miles Austin, Hank Baskett, Steve (NY) Smith, Eddie Kennison, Craig Davis, Legedu Naanee, Maurice Stovall, Ashley Lelie, Paul Williams, Rod Smith, Eric Parker, Robert Meachem, Laurent Robinson, Aundrae Allison, Jason Hill

Sorry for the perceived arrogance in my last post. I just thought it funny that someone would suggest Jay Cutler as a deep sleeper for a keeper league.

Since you need to be spoon-fed a list instead of being asked to think for yourself :music_guitarred: ... Here you go. (These are guys off the top of my head who will be free agents, were injured in 07, were backups with some upside who might get a shot, etc.):

QB: Jim Sorgi, Josh or Luke McCown, Dan Orlovsky, Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, Chris Simms, Charlie Frye, Tyler Thigpen

RB: Greg Jones, Aaron Stecker, Musa Smith, LaBrandon Toefield, Verron Haynes, Mewelde Moore, Tatum Bell, Michael Pittman, Kenny Irons, Samkon Gado, Dominic Rhodes

WR: Terry Glenn, Jason Avant, Dwayne Jarrett, Jerome Mathis, Bryant Johnson, Keary Colbert, Miles Austin, Hank Baskett, Steve (NY) Smith, Eddie Kennison, Craig Davis, Legedu Naanee, Maurice Stovall, Ashley Lelie, Paul Williams, Rod Smith, Eric Parker, Robert Meachem, Laurent Robinson, Aundrae Allison, Jason Hill

Eddie Kennison? :sleep:

I couldn't agree more. With this format, there are NO SLEEPERS. There is NO ONE you would pick up that would be in anyones choice for 2 keepers.

I do like the discussion for normal dynasty keeper league where you keep 15-24 players. Depending on the depth of the league, depends on who would be sleepers.

I like Jacoby Jones as a sleeper next year. I liked him as a sleeper this year. Bobby Wade is a deep sleeper. James Jones. Drew Carter. Nate Washington if Ward continues to have nagging issues. Most all of the guys mentioned here are on a roster in my dynasty, and we carry 21. If you carry less, these are deep sleepers who may be FA. Beck even. Edwards was until a few weeks ago.

I couldn't agree more. With this format, there are NO SLEEPERS. There is NO ONE you would pick up that would be in anyones choice for 2 keepers.

I do like the discussion for normal dynasty keeper league where you keep 15-24 players. Depending on the depth of the league, depends on who would be sleepers.

I like Jacoby Jones as a sleeper next year. I liked him as a sleeper this year. Bobby Wade is a deep sleeper. James Jones. Drew Carter. Nate Washington if Ward continues to have nagging issues. Most all of the guys mentioned here are on a roster in my dynasty, and we carry 21. If you carry less, these are deep sleepers who may be FA. Beck even. Edwards was until a few weeks ago.

Thank you, sir, for some long-awaited intelligence. First off, my league keeps 12 each year, so the sleeper pick is very important. Some other focker decided to read 12 as 2 and ran with it. Ignore him.

Bobby Wade, Drew Carter, Nate Washington are all the types of names I like to hear. I drafted John Beck this year and have him tucked away on my roster already. Tried to get Edwards included in a trade earlier this year, but his owner apparently likes him too.

Hey dooshbag, no one gives a fock about your team - go somewhere else.

It's pretty funny that you attempt to attack others knowledge - yet you are begging for advice for a team that you couldn't even get into the playoffs with.

Yeah, you're really ahead of the competition.. :dunno:

Thank you, sir, for some long-awaited intelligence. First off, my league keeps 12 each year, so the sleeper pick is very important. Some other focker decided to read 12 as 2 and ran with it. Ignore him.

Bobby Wade, Drew Carter, Nate Washington are all the types of names I like to hear. I drafted John Beck this year and have him tucked away on my roster already. Tried to get Edwards included in a trade earlier this year, but his owner apparently likes him too.

So I misread the 12 as 2... EXCUUUUUSE ME. The first part of my post is still valid. Tell us who you like and we'll comment. Wait, no we won't, you're not worth it. What friggin' jerkoff. :dunno:

A good start is to look at who will be a UFR next year. The most obvious is Turner. Bryant Johnson and Mewelde Moore will both be UFR next year and are currently buried behind some major talent. If they end up in a favorable situation could thrive.

Steve Smith of the NYG was being groomed for the #2 in NY and was highly rated out of college, but injuries got him down this year. Behind oft injured Burress, ancient Toomer, and underperforming Sinorice Moss, he may prove to have some value.

First I would like to ask where you said that you keep 12 players before this post. Second most people assume that a keeper league is a league that you keep less than 5 players, keeping 12 players is usually classified as a dynasty league. HTH

On FFToday, would the appropriate spelling of hoard be hored? Or is it an adjective?

:bandana: :banana: :dunno:

At QB, Jason Campbell has a lot of potential and could be available now that he's out.

At WR, I agree with Sidney Rice and would add DJ Hackett is he's out there.

At RB, it's hard to pick sleepers, but how about Michael Bush.

Maybe Troy Smith at QB as well.

I don't like either of the QBs in a dynasty format. I was thinking Bush, but considering the Raiders should have fairly high pick, I can see them potentially grabbing McFadden. How about Lorenzo Booker or Darius Walker? Brown will be coming off a knee injury and the backfield in Houston is hardly solidified. Won't Lamont Jordan be looking for a new gig next year too?

Sorry for the perceived arrogance in my last post. I just thought it funny that someone would suggest Jay Cutler as a deep sleeper for a keeper league. Clearly I overestimated the fantasy knowledge of some of the general populace here.

Since you need to be spoon-fed a list instead of being asked to think for yourself ... Here you go. (These are guys off the top of my head who will be free agents, were injured in 07, were backups with some upside who might get a shot, etc.):

Incredible. This d-bag apologizes for perceived arrogance in a prior post. He then proceeds to add another layer of arrogance by attacking the intelligence of other people on the board. I am wasting my time contributing to this worthless topic, but thought that I would mention that it is very likely that you suck at life.

NastyFreak :rolleyes: