Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

The Eagles new management is bad?

“You hear talk about Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb, but I don’t hear anyone talking about the job Tom Heckert has done — or has not done. Take a look at the team’s record since he became the GM. Instead of giving McNabb some players to throw to, he takes a quarterback (Kevin Kolb, with their first 2007 draft pick, at the top of Round Two). Brodrick Bunkley has looked like a bust. Winston Justice is a bust. Matt McCoy has been a bust. Ryan Moats — bust. They have missed on a lot of high picks and they are not getting the free agents out of college like they used to.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...udibles2226.htm

Maybe they shouldnt of stripped Reid of his GM power?

Are they just overhauling their roster, or are they making bad decisions?

Should us dynasty owners bail on all Philly players? Recent trends has shown that teams that draft poorly tend to do poorly, regardless of how good of free agents they bring in. How untill Philly unravels if they continue the trend of poor drafting that they have had? I expect whoever is at RB next year, Westy if he can stay healthy(he will be 30 :doublethumbsup: ) will continue to do well. This is because they should get every lineman back, and their line has played so long together that they have great teamwork. Which is essential on the O-line as far as run blocking is concerned. But they cant run as much if their defense continues to fall apart.

I am not saying the sky is falling on the eagles. I am just posting this to share my concern about philly players at it concerns to dynasty.

If they get a good draft this year this post is moot

As an Eagle fan, I find the comment from this source pretty retarded. Bunkley played pretty well this year, and yes, McCoy and Moats haven't panned out.

Calling Justice a bust is premature, considering he came out of college early and is playing behind Tra Thomas. Granted, he had a bad game, but to call someone a bust after one game (where the coaches gave him no help) is ridiculous.

And he talks about the Eagles not having as many free agents out of college on their squad! They hit it out of the park before and now since they haven't lately, they're failing?

The Kevin Kolb thing has been explained numerous times. He's a guy they really liked and the organization was unsure if McNabb would be able to come back. He was long term insurance, which is smart considering QB is, after all, the most important position on the focking field.

It's funny how no mention is made of picks like Shawn Andrews and Brian Westbrook. Westbrook's the best back in the NFC right now and he was a third round pick.

Heckert's been in charge of scouting and player personnel for awhile, yet it's Reid who has the final say on who they pick in the draft and free agency.

Thanks for sharing this, because now I definitely know I'll never read Profootballweekly ever. :overhead:

As an Eagle fan, I find the comment from this source pretty retarded. Bunkley played pretty well this year, and yes, McCoy and Moats haven't panned out.

Calling Justice a bust is premature, considering he came out of college early and is playing behind Tra Thomas. Granted, he had a bad game, but to call someone a bust after one game (where the coaches gave him no help) is ridiculous.

And he talks about the Eagles not having as many free agents out of college on their squad! They hit it out of the park before and now since they haven't lately, they're failing?

The Kevin Kolb thing has been explained numerous times. He's a guy they really liked and the organization was unsure if McNabb would be able to come back. He was long term insurance, which is smart considering QB is, after all, the most important position on the focking field.

It's funny how no mention is made of picks like Shawn Andrews and Brian Westbrook. Westbrook's the best back in the NFC right now and he was a third round pick.

Heckert's been in charge of scouting and player personnel for awhile, yet it's Reid who has the final say on who they pick in the draft and free agency.

Thanks for sharing this, because now I definitely know I'll never read Profootballweekly ever. :overhead:

I agree, that article is complete BS. Bunkley a bust? ;) Moats might have been a wasted pick but I think he might still do ok in this league once he gets a decent opportunity. Hard to do much stuck behind one of the best backs in the league.

How about Trent Cole? 5th round pick who is one of the better DE's in the league now. They've drafted plenty of good players since Heckett has been around, and as you said AR is still really calling the shots.

Apparently every draft pick has to make the pro bowl. :cheers:

Apparently every draft pick has to make the pro bowl. :bandana:

Well, if you look at the starters on offense before this season started, Curtis and Runyan are the only guys who weren't Eagle draft picks(maybe Jamaal Jackson, who I think may have been picked up off of waivers very early in his career). On defense, you have Kearse and Spikes.

If McNabb was completely healthy this year, they're in the playoffs guaranteed. And I think people tend to forget that with all of their success over the years, that very same success was giving them crappy spots in the draft from which to pick from.

Because that's why they have the draft the way it is, so the crappy teams have a shot at catching the good teams. <_<