Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

*** OFFICIAL *** Giants at Green Bay thread

Coinflip game led to another game. The result against Seattle and any shots taken at Craig Stadler had nothing to do with what happened in Philly.

I don't think Packer fans said much about the coinflip game as much as the media kept bringing it up. And its brought up because its damn funny. Again...making fun of the seahawks and fluff, their coach, had nothing to do with what happened against the Giants.

I think you put too much weight on what karma thinks of the seachickens.

Ummmm....not really.

History of what? Seattle getting beat in the playoffs?

And you can keep whining about the snow....Seattle simply was not as good as GB.

Never said Ryan was a gem. And I would not know if he punted better than Plack in the snow game...the Packers did not punt til midway through the 4th quarter. :dunno:

coin flip game...4th and 26...

snow bowl 2....ice bowl 2....

you are happy with 2 choke jobs?...no wonder you moved to nashville..people arent happy here...

you seem content... :doublethumbsup:

mocking the history of WHAT?....

the packers....are you not following along?...holmgren was the packers coach in 96 and 97...won a title, came close to another...first title since sb 2....

do you think this sleepy town of 100k verbally abused vince whe he went to the redskins? did you even KNOW that he didnt finish his career here? (dont look it up)...

do u think sf fans booed montana when he came back as a chief?...

all i said was...its bad karma to act pompous and stick a finger at the people who made this current team what it is...holmgren made brett...

oh well...i saw it coming...you shouldve also...

coin flip game...4th and 26...

snow bowl 2....ice bowl 2....

you are happy with 2 choke jobs?...no wonder you moved to nashville..people arent happy here...

Im happy with 2 teams getting to the NFC Title game rather than losing to the Seahawks the week before...and none of them had anything to do with making fun of old tubby.

And I moved to Knoxville first (and it was before the Super Bowl win)...

you seem content... :overhead:

Not at all. My thoughts after the game were not of being content. Still...its much better to have lost in the title game, than the week before.

mocking the history of WHAT?....

the packers....are you not following along?...holmgren was the packers coach in 96 and 97...won a title, came close to another...first title since sb 2....

Who the hell mocked him before the coinflip game or before this past game?

do you think this sleepy town of 100k verbally abused vince whe he went to the redskins? did you even KNOW that he didnt finish his career here? (dont look it up)...

Yes, and died not long after. As I have said before, despite your denial, I do know more about the Packers than you do. Its not arrogance...its confidence of my knowledge of the team I have followed since I was born.

do u think sf fans booed montana when he came back as a chief?...

Yeah...because him being pushed out of town is the same as the way Holmgren left right? :rolleyes:

all i said was...its bad karma to act pompous and stick a finger at the people who made this current team what it is...holmgren made brett...

oh well...i saw it coming...you shouldve also...

Karma had nothing to do with why GB lost either of the games mentioned.

a snow aided win

You are funny, if you think the snow helped GB win you are a tool. How so? Ryan Grant fumbled twice when there wasn't any snow.

GB handled Seattle in that game, just like the Giants handled GB in the next game. (although the score was much closer)

You are funny, if you think the snow helped GB win you are a tool. How so? Ryan Grant fumbled twice when there wasn't any snow.

GB handled Seattle in that game, just like the Giants handled GB in the next game. (although the score was much closer)

a tool? where YOU there?....

it snowed starting at noon...3 hours before the game and snowed all through the night into sunday....

snow covered field..when the field wasnt snow covered, seattle was causing the same kind of ruckus that the giants caused last sunday....

when the snow covered the field..gb made the proper cleat adjustments and seattle did not..their fault..

but the point is..the snow covered field gave gb a new chance...

but let me guess..you know better based on what u heard on tv? ok..thanks :dunno:

Im happy with 2 teams getting to the NFC Title game rather than losing to the Seahawks the week before...and none of them had anything to do with making fun of old tubby.

old tubby? why are you ripping on mccarthy now? off the bangwagon already? :banana:

And I moved to Knoxville first (and it was before the Super Bowl win)...

Not at all. My thoughts after the game were not of being content. Still...its much better to have lost in the title game, than the week before.

Who the hell mocked him before the coinflip game or before this past game?

if you lived here...youd have heard it ALL week...

Yes, and died not long after. As I have said before, despite your denial, I do know more about the Packers than you do. Its not arrogance...its confidence of my knowledge of the team I have followed since I was born.

it isnt arrogance because it isnt true...if you think reading online rags like the green bay packer gazette is better than being at the actual training camps..more power to you, i guess...

Yeah...because him being pushed out of town is the same as the way Holmgren left right? :banana:

he wanted the gm job and ron wolf said no...he wasnt leaving..which we ALL knew he was..he waited until holmgren committed to leave and then he left himself..it was a bush league move caused by ron wolfs ego..as he did NOT want to leave and see holmgren keep this going.....

Karma had nothing to do with why GB lost either of the games mentioned.

haha...riiiiiiiiiiiiiight keep telling yourself that!! :dunno:

it snowed starting at noon...3 hours before the game and snowed all through the night into sunday....

snow covered field..when the field wasnt snow covered, seattle was causing the same kind of ruckus that the giants caused last sunday....

when the snow covered the field..gb made the proper cleat adjustments and seattle did not..their fault..

but let me guess..you know better based on what u heard on tv? ok..thanks :dunno:

So refs, injuries and snow was why Seattle has lost the last 3 years in the playoffs. Just curious when was the last time they lost because they got outplayed in your mind? :banana:

So refs, injuries and snow was why Seattle has lost the last 3 years in the playoffs. Just curious when was the last time they lost because they got outplayed in your mind? :overhead:

1988 <_<

i didnt say they werent outplayed..i said the snow and proper adjustments gave gb a much needed advantage at the time....

packer fans are so sensitive ;) no wonder domestic violence goes up so high in this town when they lose...

but let me guess..you know better based on what u heard on tv? ok..thanks :banana:

So a snow cover field gave the Packers more of a chance to run off that many points? You have a young RB who has just fumbled twice without snow, add the snow and its supposed to benifit him? The Seahawks were terrible that day face it, snow or not, they basically got all but 3 of their points off TOs and an extended drive because of teh roughing the kicker.

Seattle sucked snow or no snow.

Packers had a new hope because of snow? Down 14 the last thing I would want is snow. Its not like GB got back in the game by crazy amounts of forced TOs via conditions?

What are you talking about? Seattle got blown out and would have playing anywhere.

1988 :banana:

i didnt say they werent outplayed..i said the snow and proper adjustments gave gb a much needed advantage at the time....

packer fans are so sensitive :unsure: no wonder domestic violence goes up so high in this town when they lose...

I'm still trying to understand teh advantage? You said something about changing spikes? Ok thats just smart, and obvious in those conditions?

As far as On field play I see no advantage for GB. Down 14 with an on-coming snow storm.....yea I bet that snow really helped? :overhead:

So a snow cover field gave the Packers more of a chance to run off that many points? You have a young RB who has just fumbled twice without snow, add the snow and its supposed to benifit him? The Seahawks were terrible that day face it, snow or not, they basically got all but 3 of their points off TOs and an extended drive because of teh roughing the kicker.

Seattle sucked snow or no snow.

Packers had a new hope because of snow? Down 14 the last thing I would want is snow. Its not like GB got back in the game by crazy amounts of forced TOs via conditions?

What are you talking about? Seattle got blown out and would have playing anywhere.

is this new to you?...

seattle had cleats clogging with mud and didnt change to different spikes like gb did...

all gb did from that point on was run grant one way...quick reverse to the other direction and everyone on seattle was on skates...

the first td to jennings was a wobbly pass that kelly jennings couldnt even stand up for..and no one on the d line could get any leverage...

unacceptable that holmgren and mora (2 coaches who have won in gb in bad weather) did nothing about this..but yes..it was 14-0 before it became sloppy...

at least this is what red batty was telling me when i saw him at the card shop today...he was an underrated part of this team and ill go with what he says over some on the 'net who dont understand the difference snow can make during a game...

(and the snowstorm started at noon..the ground wasnt covered til it was 14-0...)

why all the question marks? if u saw the game, u understand..if you didnt..leave it be...

is this new to you?...

seattle had cleats clogging with mud and didnt change to different spikes like gb did...

all gb did from that point on was run grant one way...quick reverse to the other direction and everyone on seattle was on skates...

the first td to jennings was a wobbly pass that kelly jennings couldnt even stand up for..and no one on the d line could get any leverage...

unacceptable that holmgren and mora (2 coaches who have won in gb in bad weather) did nothing about this..but yes..it was 14-0 before it became sloppy...

at least this is what red batty was telling me when i saw him at the card shop today...he was an underrated part of this team and ill go with what he says over some on the 'net who dont understand the difference snow can make during a game...

(and the snowstorm started at noon..the ground wasnt covered til it was 14-0...)

why all the question marks? if u saw the game, u understand..if you didnt..leave it be...

So because Seattle for some reason didn't change their cleats (this is teh pros this is the playoff, how dumb are they?) so because they were stupid, the snow was the reason, I'd say that goes to how stupid they were.

Whatever though keep thinking the snow was the factor, it was so lopsided. If you truely think it is because they didn't replace the cleats, I would want every coach and staff member fired if I were you.

Its not like when the field wasn't covered they were amazing, they got their 14 points off fumbles and Grant just not hanging on.

but let me guess..you know better based on what u heard on tv? ok..thanks :)

I know better based on the people I talked to that were at the game and said it was not even as bad as it looked on TV.

I know better because you are seriously in denial.

The snow did not "cover" the field until much later in the game....as far as affecting footing.

Seattle was not getting pressure on Favre even early in the game...were not disrupting the short passes even early in the game.

On the 2nd fumble...Grant had just run for a first down...yeah, Seattle was really causing ruckus.

:dunno:

old tubby? why are you ripping on mccarthy now? off the bangwagon already? thumbdown.gif

McCarthy is getting a bit tubby too.

if you lived here...youd have heard it ALL week...

Yes...Im sure a few people who knew you are a seahawks fan gave it to you. I saw it on a few websites...but not in an overbearing manner. I was talking about just on this board. Again...that and Karma had nothing to do with the win.

it isnt arrogance because it isnt true...if you think reading online rags like the green bay packer gazette is better than being at the actual training camps..more power to you, i guess...

No...I think that reading every local paper...watching press conferences...talking to my entire family who lives there and goes to every game. Being at actual training camp (as I have been a few times in the past several years....and so on.

I live in Nashville...but would not claim to know more about the Titans than a fan who follows the team completely.

he wanted the gm job and ron wolf said no...he wasnt leaving..which we ALL knew he was..he waited until holmgren committed to leave and then he left himself..it was a bush league move caused by ron wolfs ego..as he did NOT want to leave and see holmgren keep this going.....

Ron Wolf's ego? He was not ready to go....and did not feel Holmgren was fit to be GM...funny, he proved in Seattle he was not good to be a GM.

Blaming how he left and the way it went down on Wolf is hilarious.

haha...riiiiiiiiiiiiiight keep telling yourself that!! music_guitarred.gif

Keep telling myself that some mythical force did not cause GB to lose? I will.

And you keep telling yourself that the snow is why Seattle lost.

is this new to you?...

Thats all GB did? Yeah...forget the replays with a lineman for every seattle defender locked up in great blocks allowing Grant to get to the 2nd and 3rd levels with his cutbacks.

Forget the pretty passes to.

Oh...and did the snow cause Pollard to fumble when Bigby smacked him?

The first TD to Jennings was a great audible that Jennings made a good adjustment.

The ground was not covered til even later than 14-0 as far as snow that would affect footing.

Obviously, you don't understand what you saw in that game.

McCarthy is getting a bit tubby too.

Yes...Im sure a few people who knew you are a seahawks fan gave it to you. I saw it on a few websites...but not in an overbearing manner. I was talking about just on this board. Again...that and Karma had nothing to do with the win.

No...I think that reading every local paper...watching press conferences...talking to my entire family who lives there and goes to every game. Being at actual training camp (as I have been a few times in the past several years....and so on.

I live in Nashville...but would not claim to know more about the Titans than a fan who follows the team completely.

Ron Wolf's ego? He was not ready to go....and did not feel Holmgren was fit to be GM...funny, he proved in Seattle he was not good to be a GM.

Blaming how he left and the way it went down on Wolf is hilarious.

Keep telling myself that some mythical force did not cause GB to lose? I will.

And you keep telling yourself that the snow is why Seattle lost.

the holmgren-wolf scenario WAS fact...

did holmgren handle it well in seattle? nope..but thats not the point..wolf WAS ready to leave..but NOT until holmgren left..

every local paper? HERE?...theres 1..milwaukees the much better paper...appleton is basically a HS paper..

either way...seattle may have lost regardless..but the point as..the footing became awful and seattle didnt make adjustments...the snow saved gb...guys were unclogging their cleats long before your family told you so...

pollard was awful regardless of the footing..he alone took 10-14 points away...

obviously you didnt believe that...you felt they were unstoppable and so did the packers and they tripped over their own accolades on sunday...trust me..i understood what i was watching..

how did bigby do sunday?...

the karma thing is a tongue in cheek joke that you take way too seriously....

but no one can deny the similarities...

coin flip-4th and 26..

snow bowl 2..ice bowl 2...

the holmgren-wolf scenario WAS fact...

did holmgren handle it well in seattle? nope..but thats not the point..wolf WAS ready to leave..but NOT until holmgren left..

You can continue to make things up...it does not help your argument.

And again...if Wolf felt Holmgren was not a good choice for GM...he did the right thing.

every local paper? HERE?...theres 1..milwaukees the much better paper...appleton is basically a HS paper..

Yes...local papers...as I said the first time you tried questioning me about this. The press gazette, the post crescent which is not basically a high school paper...and yes, the journal sentinel.

either way...seattle may have lost regardless..but the point as..the footing became awful and seattle didnt make adjustments...the snow saved gb...guys were unclogging their cleats long before your family told you so...

The footing was not that bad as GB first came back for the tie and then the lead. The snow did nothing nto save them.

Yes...they were unclogging their cleats in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

pollard was awful regardless of the footing..he alone took 10-14 points away...
Yup...the miss in the endzone was bad...but the snow and footing had nothing to do with his fumble.

obviously you didnt believe that...you felt they were unstoppable and so did the packers and they tripped over their own accolades on sunday...trust me..i understood what i was watching..

how did bigby do sunday?...

What does Bigby this past Sunday have to do with the snow the week before?

the karma thing is a tongue in cheek joke that you take way too seriously....

but no one can deny the similarities...

coin flip-4th and 26..

snow bowl 2..ice bowl 2...

I can deny the similarities in that the snow bowl and coin flip game were completely different and that the Packer teams involved were very different.

Only a delusional seahawk fan is holding on to something with that to make himself feel better for some reason.

You can continue to make things up...it does not help your argument.

And again...if Wolf felt Holmgren was not a good choice for GM...he did the right thing.

Yes...local papers...as I said the first time you tried questioning me about this. The press gazette, the post crescent which is not basically a high school paper...and yes, the journal sentinel.

The footing was not that bad as GB first came back for the tie and then the lead. The snow did nothing nto save them.

Yes...they were unclogging their cleats in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Yup...the miss in the endzone was bad...but the snow and footing had nothing to do with his fumble.

What does Bigby this past Sunday have to do with the snow the week before?

I can deny the similarities in that the snow bowl and coin flip game were completely different and that the Packer teams involved were very different.

Only a delusional seahawk fan is holding on to something with that to make himself feel better for some reason.

it doesnt make me feel better..i live here and went to the game..i rooted for GB..it was quite awful..but i saw it coming..the players and fans became cowboy fans and thought it was over before it started...maybe this piece of humble pie will slow things down a bit..with 08's home schedule, its tough to see how they can secure 13 wins...

i guess the players unclogging their cleats in the 2nd quarter werent real afterall...thanks for basing everything on what you saw on tv...

i know some who work for the crescent...trust me..its high school caliber...

bigby has a big mouth..its just fun to point out his failures..that, and al harris..

and i guess i never considered a paper in milw to be local..but as i said, it IS by far, the best packers writing paper...

but the ron wolf ordeal was fact..i heard it from enough people on the inside...and most packers fans who dont know respond the same way...naive..NO WAY would wolf do that...NO WAY would wolf want holmgren to be successful and tarnish his legacy...right..as for doing the right thing...you were happy with ray rhodes? :overhead:

did u know that brett has an 18 year old son? trust me..you may THINK you know more than i do..but with my uncle having worked for the packers for 20 years, i know all the dirt and then some...