Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

*** OFFICIAL *** Giants at Green Bay thread

Piss poor effort.

McCarthy was outcoached. Worst game I have seen him coach.

Short passes got them there...yet every pattern seemed to be 15+ yards.

Early on, moving the pocket worked well...never tried it again the 2nd half.

Defense never made adjustments...Harris got toasted all day long.

Bush trying to pick the damn ball up on the fumble in the 4th.

All just dumb dumb dumb.

Nice season...but definitely a @#$%y way to end it.

Dont leave out favres suckness

Piss poor effort.

McCarthy was outcoached. Worst game I have seen him coach.

Short passes got them there...yet every pattern seemed to be 15+ yards.

Early on, moving the pocket worked well...never tried it again the 2nd half.

Defense never made adjustments...Harris got toasted all day long.

Bush trying to pick the damn ball up on the fumble in the 4th.

All just dumb dumb dumb.

Nice season...but definitely a @#$%y way to end it.

Just admit your hero sucked balls in this game and needs to retire.

What did the packers have like 40 yards in the second half and overtime? :overhead:

You can't blame Tynes for those missed kicks. The one at the end of regulation was totally the snapper's fault, and the earlier one was due to the conditions. It is extremely hard to accurately kick a football that is rock hard from the cold. It's the same reason Green Bay's punter couldn't get it further than 30 yards.

That was a lousy game for Pack fans. The Giants earned that game 3 times over. Favre made some horrible decisions, and I don't know why they just gave up on the running game.

This sucks.

I'm calling this right now. Giants win, despite the bad calls.

No props? I also called the first Favre pick within 2 plays.

some thoughts about the game:

Al Harris choked and didnt live up to the hype he created for himself. This is possibly the best cover corner in the nfc getting totally lit up by a half crippled burress.

On that same note, Burress had a certain intensity today that I've never seen from him...he looks like hes hungry for a championship right now.

Eli Manning has become a very good QB in the last month or so. I think he has shed his choking, inconsistent side away finally.

The Packers entire defensive unit deserves as much or more of blame than Favre for this loss.

Outside of losing the game, I was impressed with how much fight the young guys on the packers showed. this team will be back, guaranteed.

People need to quit doubting the giants, these guys are for real and are very well coached! They just may have a shot at this superbowl thing afterall and I will be pulling for them - that is if i can bring myself to watch a game again :banana:

last but not least, Toomer cannot make an easy catch for the life of him but has no problem making some of the most difficult catches possible :banana:

some thoughts about the game:

Al Harris choked and didnt live up to the hype he created for himself. This is possibly the best cover corner in the nfc getting totally lit up by a half crippled burress.

On that same note, Burress had a certain intensity today that I've never seen from him...he looks like hes hungry for a championship right now.

Eli Manning has become a very good QB in the last month or so. I think he has shed his choking, inconsistent side away finally.

The Packers entire defensive unit deserves as much or more of blame than Favre for this loss.

Outside of losing the game, I was impressed with how much fight the young guys on the packers showed. this team will be back, guaranteed.

People need to quit doubting the giants, these guys are for real and are very well coached! They just may have a shot at this superbowl thing afterall and I will be pulling for them - that is if i can bring myself to watch a game again :banana:

last but not least, Toomer cannot make an easy catch for the life of him but has no problem making some of the most difficult catches possible :banana:

I couldn't agree more...each and every one :banana:

The only point I'd make is in regards to Eli shedding his choking image...ask his brother how long THAT lasts. Answer is, until the next time the Gmen lose a game they shouldn't.

I couldn't agree more...each and every one :banana:

The only point I'd make is in regards to Eli shedding his choking image...ask his brother how long THAT lasts. Answer is, until the next time the Gmen lose a game they shouldn't.

so tell me why again that peyton is the choker when he has just as many super bowl rings as favre? :banana:

so tell me why again that peyton is the choker when he has just as many super bowl rings as favre? :banana:

I don't think he was saying that Manning is a choker, just that he has been LABELED as one until winning his SB last season... :banana:

so tell me why again that peyton is the choker when he has just as many super bowl rings as favre? :dunno:

I never said he was, and I don't think he is...I'm saying that the idiots that are "quieted" when a supposed choker finally wins a big one are back the moment the next time the guy fails to win a big game. You saw it here when Manning lost last week, you saw it nationally as well...although cloaked with the "Payton thought he'd put questions about his play in big games away with last year's Super Bowl victory, but..." :dunno:

All I'm saying is that while Eli shed's it a bit tonight, don't be suprised when the NY media brings it right up again when he throws a SB pick or some such event...

I never said he was, and I don't think he is...I'm saying that the idiots that are "quieted" when a supposed choker finally wins a big one are back the moment the next time the guy fails to win a big game. You saw it here when Manning lost last week, you saw it nationally as well...although cloaked with the "Payton thought he'd put questions about his play in big games away with last year's Super Bowl victory, but..." :dunno:

All I'm saying is that while Eli shed's it a bit tonight, don't be suprised when the NY media brings it right up again when he throws a SB pick or some such event...

One title in 40 years! :dunno:

That was a lousy game for Pack fans. The Giants earned that game 3 times over. Favre made some horrible decisions, and I don't know why they just gave up on the running game.

This sucks.

:lol:

One title in 40 years! :lol:

Huh?

Giants are 4-0 in the NFC Championship in the last 20 years. Is that what you are thinking?

In 2000 we beat the Vikings 41-0 in the NFC Championship game.

In 86 and 90, won the Superbowl.

I give props to Favre, and he's got some receivers ... it wasn't gonna be Grant to win this game ... he's going to be one of the greatest QBs in history. Hall of Fame bound, for sure, first time ... and you can't take away his amazing career, just because of this single loss.

I give props to Favre, and he's got some receivers ... it wasn't gonna be Grant to win this game ... he's going to be one of the greatest QBs in history. Hall of Fame bound, for sure, first time ... and you can't take away his amazing career, just because of this single loss.

:lol:

Cheers. I hope Brett comes back for one more year. Might be the last active QB older than me. When there isn't even a kicker in the NFL your age ... yer old.

I was really rooting for Favre to get back to the Superbowl and get to end his career like Elway did.

I wasn't here all yesturday, I was watching the game.

Terrible game, no excuses. Favre played well enough to win in regulation, but dropped the ball in OT. Terrible pass.

Al Harris was terrible.

What was worse was the coaching. Refused to give Al help, got away from the run, refused to blitz while our front four couldn't get that much pressure, sure they blitz a few time and knocked him down, but never got to him. Play Calls were the worst part, so many 3rd and 10s.

Just about everyone is entitled to their bashing of the Packers, Pats fans, Giants, Seahawk, and even Pimpdaddy, but what I find funny is swamp poopy coming out of the woodwork. He could be more of a tool than Pimp.

All in all disapointing game. They looked totally different than the GB team from the 2nd half of this year. Couldn't run, couldn't cover, couldn't coach, and Favre didn't make the play he usually makes. On the season I look back and I predicted

8-8, so 13-3 is a plus. The team is super young, at least I am more excited about the upcoming season than I have been in several years. Off-season will be interesting.

Props to the Giants. Although Eli's % wasn't steller and he had no TDs, he made crucial 3rd down throws.

:P to an exciting SuperBowl.

Dont leave out favres suckness

I would not call all of it suckness.

Poor pass on that last INT. Throw it outside and its complete or Driver does not get a chance...he put it in the one place he could not.

Threw 2 other really bad passes...one that was picked, and then fumbled. And one that was into triple coverage.

He was not good...not terrible. Just kind of blah really.

Just admit your hero sucked balls in this game and needs to retire.

What did the packers have like 40 yards in the second half and overtime? :shocking:

My hero?

I do not recall having a hero play yesterday.

And if you think he sucked balls...I don't think you really watched the entire game.

That was a loss all the way around.

Like I said...all year long...short patterns...crossing routes...and so on.

In this game, with the cold...we got 15 yard + patterns to the outside. It was idiotic.

Don't feel like talking trash about Dallas now? :shocking:

Sure we can...they got beat the week before...in perfect conditions.

Green Bay = in the NFC Championship....Dallas = one and done.

we can talk about dallas....i rarely meet nice cowboy fans...

the giants fans were all very nice..and not just because they won..they were pleasant the night before also..but thats just how it is...fans here and in NY/NJ are born fans..dallas fans are usually just bangwagonners starting from the 70s and others from the 90s...

the cold wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it would be..then again, i do live here...we were in the 10th row..giants side..my gal was able to get to the atrium quickly to warm up if needed..got her pic taken with 2 of the 3 bikini bimbos that were boppin around...the atrium was quite the sight(and thank God for it)...1000 people all sitting in their own lil area drinking and watching the big screen..it was like the Arctic Hurricane Katrina..

but even as she pointed out...the giants practiced outside in the cold..gb didnt..so why was this an advantage to gb?..favre again didnt want to be out there...

SOFT..thats what most of the fans in my section were saying...gb trailed 14-0 to seattle when the field was clear..once it was snowcovered, seattle stupidly never adjusted and it was like a team vs 1 on skates..

it was a classic though..though it wouldve been a crime had gb won..they had NO business winning..none at all..besides the 90 yard td..they did nothing..the giants gave away at least 13 points..

i just wish that it had gone longer in OT...the longer, the better...(though a late start DID cut into bar time...NOT cool)...

we went to 1st row after it ended and it was nice to meet harry carson and some of the other giants..

tynes is no hero..hes still 2/3 a goat :bandana: lucky for him..he drilled the one that mattered and was still able to get on the team charter back to JFK..

and RW McNickles is still RW McOld..I didnt know who tried to lose the game more..RW or Tynes..good battle though..

good luck in the super bowl!! :headbanger:

ps..-30 and LONG tv timeouts? not cool...but at least i didnt have to listen to joe buck...and lastly, mike mccarthys daughter has herself some fabulous knockers... :cry:

we can talk about dallas....i rarely meet nice cowboy fans...

the giants fans were all very nice..and not just because they won..they were pleasant the night before also..but thats just how it is...fans here and in NY/NJ are born fans..dallas fans are usually just bangwagonners starting from the 70s and others from the 90s...

the cold wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it would be..then again, i do live here...we were in the 10th row..giants side..my gal was able to get to the atrium quickly to warm up if needed..got her pic taken with 2 of the 3 bikini bimbos that were boppin around...the atrium was quite the sight(and thank God for it)...1000 people all sitting in their own lil area drinking and watching the big screen..it was like the Arctic Hurricane Katrina..

but even as she pointed out...the giants practiced outside in the cold..gb didnt..so why was this an advantage to gb?..favre again didnt want to be out there...

SOFT..thats what most of the fans in my section were saying...gb trailed 14-0 to seattle when the field was clear..once it was snowcovered, seattle stupidly never adjusted and it was like a team vs 1 on skates..

it was a classic though..though it wouldve been a crime had gb won..they had NO business winning..none at all..besides the 90 yard td..they did nothing..the giants gave away at least 13 points..

i just wish that it had gone longer in OT...the longer, the better...(though a late start DID cut into bar time...NOT cool)...

we went to 1st row after it ended and it was nice to meet harry carson and some of the other giants..

tynes is no hero..hes still 2/3 a goat :bandana: lucky for him..he drilled the one that mattered and was still able to get on the team charter back to JFK..

and RW McNickles is still RW McOld..I didnt know who tried to lose the game more..RW or Tynes..good battle though..

good luck in the super bowl!! :thumbsdown:

ps..-30 and LONG tv timeouts? not cool...but at least i didnt have to listen to joe buck...and lastly, mike mccarthys daughter has herself some fabulous knockers... :overhead:

Soft...I still don't get it.

I saw a team that was struggling that was still playing hard. Especially the younger players. Still lots of hitting going on as well.

You can call Favre a bit soft...but I don't think anyone can claim he did not give it everything he could since they had little to no running game.

Soft...I still don't get it.

I saw a team that was struggling that was still playing hard. Especially the younger players. Still lots of hitting going on as well.

You can call Favre a bit soft...but I don't think anyone can claim he did not give it everything he could since they had little to no running game.

again, im not calling any one player soft...just the whole team mentality...

everyone in the media made a big deal out of green bay weather and the packers...well, if they are only feeling the cold from the car until they walk to a heated facility..how does that get anyone ready for it?...

what favre has done in COLD games was pretty much done back in the SB days..this is the youngest team and a lot of these guys never had to stand outside in jan THAT long..

no one said u had to run a practice..just have them stand outside and talk game planning..and let them shiver and when they do..go up and explain that itll be worse for 3.5 hours..so plan accoringly..be tough..

jon ryan isnt from canada..thats a typo in the media guide..i guess he punts farther than plackemeyer :blink: but i know ive seen his last game as a packer...everyone in section 125 was hurling woe, canada insults as him..

i still think favre wanted to be out there...i will say in his defense..its a lot harder to deal with this cold when u are in your upper 30s...everyone can tough it up and go macho when u are brandon jacobs age..but all of the hits come back when u are outside and its -25 or so....

beating seattle in the playoffs still doesnt equal a SB for gb..1 year it was 4th and 26 following it and this year..a loss to a 7.5 pt underdog at home in gb weather..the freak snowstorm gave gb 1 more game at least...

all in all...a good season... :pointstosky:

Any other Packer Fan here think the first two offensive plays by the Pack looked great then the plan went downhill? I loved the misdirection on the second play, rolling Favre away from the play, and throwing the short pass, looked great. The first play was the goofy College set with two Fullbacks.

Any other Packer Fan here think the first two offensive plays by the Pack looked great then the plan went downhill? I loved the misdirection on the second play, rolling Favre away from the play, and throwing the short pass, looked great. The first play was the goofy College set with two Fullbacks.

Yes, they always seem to start out with PA roll outs.

The play calling was bad. On Off. and Def. what really made me mad was when AL would get beat every 3rd down, but the coaches refused to do anything different. I hope the Defensive scheme changes a little this offseason. We need to be more agressive with blitzes, to me AJ Hawk is a good LB, but what does he do? He was the 5th pick, he is a solid solid player but not what I thought. Our D doesn't make any plays. Woodson does, Bigby once in a while, but thats it. Kampman and KGB havn't gotten pressure since mid-year. The front 4 used to generate a solid pass rush, but tailed off at the end of the year and in the playoffs. why?

The D is fast at LB, fast at S (Bigby) fast at DE, but the coaching staff doesn't put them in a place to make plays. Sure a handful of time the Packers brought a blitz, Saftey blitz a few and a couple others, but not nearly enough. Eli has all day.

beating seattle in the playoffs still doesnt equal a SB for gb..1 year it was 4th and 26 following it and this year..a loss to a 7.5 pt underdog at home in gb weather..the freak snowstorm gave gb 1 more game at least...

I still laugh at this...you act as if its a bad thing losing in the NFC title game rather than in the divisional round like Seattle has to GB twice.

The snowstorm did what? GB was going to drill Seattle no matter what the weather was.

I still laugh at this...you act as if its a bad thing losing in the NFC title game rather than in the divisional round like Seattle has to GB twice.

The snowstorm did what? GB was going to drill Seattle no matter what the weather was.

um..no they werent...

down 14-0 with clean grass vs seattle and a loss vs the giants on the same type of field..or did the online papers tell you otherwise?...

i didnt say it as a bad thing to lose in the title game...i am simply pointing out the bad karma in laughing at a team coached by the only guy who has given this city any glory in the last 30 years....i called it 2 weeks ago and it came true....

coin flip game.....4th and 26

snow bowl game....debacle in the ice bowl 2...

um..no they werent...

down 14-0 with clean grass vs seattle and a loss vs the giants on the same type of field..or did the online papers tell you otherwise?...

i didnt say it as a bad thing to lose in the title game...i am simply pointing out the bad karma in laughing at a team coached by the only guy who has given this city any glory in the last 30 years....i called it 2 weeks ago and it came true....

coin flip game.....4th and 26

snow bowl game....debacle in the ice bowl 2...

Blaming the grass? Your Hawks were outplayed...no matter what the field looked like. Get over it.

I don't call it any bad Karma. Wow...you "called it".

Ill still take getting beat in the title game vs. losing to the Hawks twice in the playoffs. You keep acting as if its a bad thing to ahve gotten there...its hilarious.

geez..u arent getting it...forget it..for the last time....

i said its bad karma to take shots at the team coached by the last guy to give this town any glory..NOT nashville..im talking green bay....

coin flip game led to 4th and 26....

rematch this year...

would packer fans talk about the classic game that it was? or show ignorance by only mentioning the coin flip...angering the karma Gods? ouch....

coin flip...

so it was snow bowl 2...leading to the great debacle in ice bowl 2...

its a fact..its there to see..there is a connection....

sure, the win over seattle brought 4 million dollars to my town...helped bars and restaurants..i got to take my giants loving gal to the game...beers aplenty, froze at the tailgate...its better to win...

just sayin...respect the history..dont mock the history....the more i thought about how the fans were getting just because of a snow aided win, i knew they were going to lose.. :sleep: focking chokers...

you can still think u were right about jon ryan, by the way..hes a gem... :thumbsup:

geez..u arent getting it...forget it..for the last time....

i said its bad karma to take shots at the team coached by the last guy to give this town any glory..NOT nashville..im talking green bay....

coin flip game led to 4th and 26....

Coinflip game led to another game. The result against Seattle and any shots taken at Craig Stadler had nothing to do with what happened in Philly.

rematch this year...

would packer fans talk about the classic game that it was? or show ignorance by only mentioning the coin flip...angering the karma Gods? ouch....

coin flip...

so it was snow bowl 2...leading to the great debacle in ice bowl 2...

I don't think Packer fans said much about the coinflip game as much as the media kept bringing it up. And its brought up because its damn funny. Again...making fun of the seahawks and fluff, their coach, had nothing to do with what happened against the Giants.

I think you put too much weight on what karma thinks of the seachickens.

its a fact..its there to see..there is a connection....

Ummmm....not really.

sure, the win over seattle brought 4 million dollars to my town...helped bars and restaurants..i got to take my giants loving gal to the game...beers aplenty, froze at the tailgate...its better to win...

just sayin...respect the history..dont mock the history....the more i thought about how the fans were getting just because of a snow aided win, i knew they were going to lose.. :dunno: focking chokers...

you can still think u were right about jon ryan, by the way..hes a gem... :doublethumbsup:

History of what? Seattle getting beat in the playoffs?

And you can keep whining about the snow....Seattle simply was not as good as GB.

Never said Ryan was a gem. And I would not know if he punted better than Plack in the snow game...the Packers did not punt til midway through the 4th quarter. :headbanger: