Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

2008 Free Agent RB

I'll take Portis next year again in any draft. He is a top 10 NFL back. His line sucked this year. They lost 1-2 lineman and Portis still produced. I will snag him in the second round and be happy.

Whine, excuse excuse excuse. It's a binary question. Do you believe Portis' best days are:

1) Ahead of him?

2) Behind him?

WAS has diddly shiit backing him up. Pretty simple concept: Any decent team goes out and grabs new talent ahead of the time their RB goes to shiit. 1) To learn from the vet and 2) To extend the vet's value. Just looking at what happened to the "top five" RB's this year is reason enough.

If you think WAS doesn't need to add depth to their RB position now, you're probably in the minority. Enjoy Ladell Betts!

... While the NYG run Bradshaw, Ward and Jacobs up your grill all season long. :thumbsdown:

Ladell Betts is one of the best back-up RB's in the league. While Washington may take a flier on a RB if the value is right, RB is not a position they need to address. The only thing they need to worry about in the backfield is replacing Rock Cartwright's 25 ST tackles and 25 yds per KR.

some needs that haven't been mentioned:

The Colts will probably be looking for a back-up to Addai as well

Eagles will need somebody to eventually replace Westbrook (Chris Johnson anyone?)

Chargers will be going after a back-up to LT and possibly eventual replacement

Ravens will also need a back-up to McGahee

Browns will be looking for the future guy and maybe more if they don't re-sign Jamal

Titans situation doesn't seem that great either. White played well, but Stewart or Mendenhall would be a huge upgrade

Broncos- Henry due a lot of money...Selvin Young better suited for COP role

Chiefs- Kolby Smith looked adequate, but they could easily find an upgrade. Depends on what they thing of Jackie Battle I guess

Oakland- Michael Bush has proven nothing. Rhodes isn't anything more than a 3rd down back. Jordan might as well be added to the FA list with the money he's due.

Dallas- needs to replace JJ

Bucs- Is Caddy's career over? Can they depend on Graham? Pittman is out the door, but Darby is waiting in the wings?

There are going to plenty of roster spots for these free agents and rookies. Should be an interesting offseason at the RB position

I definately see the Chargers going after one or two of these lower level RB's. As it stands right now, the Chargers don't have the picks to fill the need throught the draft. I don't think that they will take a RB in the first round.

Will somebody tell the TD Vulture TJ Duschebage to retire......PLEASE.