Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Excellent hire by the Patriots

Dom Capers is hired as the secondary coach. What a great hire for him considering he has HC and D-Coordinator experience. I remember back in 2000 when I thought he was a better option as HC of the Pats because he wouldn't cost the Patriots the 1st rounder that went to the Jets for BB. I was a little wrong on that.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...hire_caper.html

How apropos.

They hire a guy with the last name CAPERS

ca·per 1 (kā'pər) Pronunciation Key

n.

1. A playful leap or hop.

2. A frivolous escapade or prank.

3. Slang An illegal plot or enterprise, especially one involving theft.

:headbanger:

He sucked w/ The Texans. Singlehandedly hamstrung the franchise for years to come. Then went to Dolfins as Defensive Coordinator/ Asst Coach - Where he took his 4th ranked Miami Defense from 2006 and turned into the 23rd ranked D of 2007. (Woulda been worse, but teams stopped playing at halftime....)

So, WHY is this guy such a good catch??

ETA: Oh, and while we're at it, he came to the Texans after a shiity performance (4-12) with the Panthers.

His play calling is so obvious, WE were predicting the plays - and watching the LB's doing the same thing. Have no idea why a perennial failure like this keeps getting jobs.

Dom Capers was calling offensive plays in Houston?

He's a proven NFL defensive coordinator. He did a great job with the Saints when they had that legendary linebacker corps and with the Blitzburgh Steelers. That's why the Panthers made him a head coach in the first place. When he went back to defensive coordinator in Jax in 1999 a mediocre defense became a great one (13.6 pts/gm, 14-2 record).

The Dolphins had huge talent problems, period. They lost both safeties, who weren't great to begin with. They got rid of some veteran tackles and struggled in the middle. Zach Thomas was lost for the season. On top of all that, their offense gave no help at all.

This looks like a good catch by the Pats to me.

Dom Capers was calling offensive plays in Houston?

He's a proven NFL defensive coordinator. He did a great job with the Saints when they had that legendary linebacker corps and with the Blitzburgh Steelers. That's why the Panthers made him a head coach in the first place. When he went back to defensive coordinator in Jax in 1999 a mediocre defense became a great one (13.6 pts/gm, 14-2 record).

The Dolphins had huge talent problems, period. They lost both safeties, who weren't great to begin with. They got rid of some veteran tackles and struggled in the middle. Zach Thomas was lost for the season. On top of all that, their offense gave no help at all.

This looks like a good catch by the Pats to me.

Agreed. Dom Capers is one of the best D coordinators.