Sign in to follow this  
Amdiddydahl

Pierre Thomas = Super Sleeper?

Does anyone think that if Deuce gets cut next month that Pierre Thomas will fill his shoes with similar stats? He had a pretty good game against the bears in the last game of the season. What is everyones thoughts?

When Deuce McAllister had ACL surgery on his left knee last September, he also had a microfracture procedure on his troublesome right knee.

It was originally reported as arthroscopic, but Deuce confirmed it was actually microfracture, "The ACL is fine. We just want to be careful with the right knee as far as the microfracture is concerned." Some microfracture procedures are more severe than others, and though McAllister's was not extensive, this news explains his slow recovery time. It's also going to lead to an expanded role for Pierre Thomas if McAllister doesn't show accelerated recovery by next month.

I've actually got him in a dynasty league and didn't think anything of him until now, but he might be worth hanging onto. The only problem is that, unless Bush gets hurt, he's going to less than 1/2 of the touches at RB. He makes a good handcuff if you own Bush, but I'm not sure he'll be more than a bye-week fill-in otherwise. And who knows what will happen in the rookie draft.

I've actually got him in a dynasty league and didn't think anything of him until now, but he might be worth hanging onto. The only problem is that, unless Bush gets hurt, he's going to less than 1/2 of the touches at RB. He makes a good handcuff if you own Bush, but I'm not sure he'll be more than a bye-week fill-in otherwise. And who knows what will happen in the rookie draft.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. When they tried Bush as the full time RB last year he failed by comparison to lesser talents on his own team (Stecker and Thomas). But, use him as a receiver and occassional rusher and he will be gold (i.e. 2006). The coaches realized that last year and started Stecker after a while and then Thomas in the last game. If Deuce is a non-factor, Thomas is the likely candidate to get the bulk of the touches Deuce used to get (i.e. 2006). Thomas would not be a replacement for Bush at all.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. When they tried Bush as the full time RB last year he failed by comparison to lesser talents on his own team (Stecker and Thomas). But, use him as a receiver and occassional rusher and he will be gold (i.e. 2006). The coaches realized that last year and started Stecker after a while and then Thomas in the last game. If Deuce is a non-factor, Thomas is the likely candidate to get the bulk of the touches Deuce used to get (i.e. 2006). Thomas would not be a replacement for Bush at all.

I'm not exactly sure what you are disagreeing with. Do you really think Thomas would get more than 1/2 the carries over a healthy Reggie Bush? I really doubt that. Bush was hurt towards the end of last season, which is why Stecker and Thomas got all the work. While I don't think he's a great RB, he's the franchise right now and they're not going to use him just as a receiver and give most of the carries to Pierre Thomas.

I'm not exactly sure what you are disagreeing with. Do you really think Thomas would get more than 1/2 the carries over a healthy Reggie Bush? I really doubt that. Bush was hurt towards the end of last season, which is why Stecker and Thomas got all the work. While I don't think he's a great RB, he's the franchise right now and they're not going to use him just as a receiver and give most of the carries to Pierre Thomas.

I don't think they view Bush as "the" every down RB. They tried that and it failed last year. I think they go back to what worked best with Bush and that was with Deuce as the major rusher and Bush as a compliment rusher and receiver out of the backfield. IF Deuce isn't there, they will give Thomas the chance to play the Deuce role ala 2006. Deuce had 244 carries to Bush's 155 in 2006. So, yes, I think Thomas could get 1/2 the carries or more.

tyrone calico

Are you gonna start adding anything of value to any threads besides running around and spouting "Tyrone Calico" ???

I don't think they view Bush as "the" every down RB. They tried that and it failed last year. I think they go back to what worked best with Bush and that was with Deuce as the major rusher and Bush as a compliment rusher and receiver out of the backfield. IF Deuce isn't there, they will give Thomas the chance to play the Deuce role ala 2006. Deuce had 244 carries to Bush's 155 in 2006. So, yes, I think Thomas could get 1/2 the carries or more.

Agree here. Bush isn't an every down back until he focuses more on football and less on KimK and all his other gigs. But somebody will overpay for him again this year.

Are you gonna start adding anything of value to any threads besides running around and spouting "Tyrone Calico" ???

Agree here. Bush isn't an every down back until he focuses more on football and less on KimK and all his other gigs. But somebody will overpay for him again this year.

'Tis the season to hype benchfodder...

How about jerious Norwood? Leon washington?

So, even in a Dynasty league you would only target sure-thing starters? Pretty short-sighted IMO.

I think the obligatory "can I please be a third in you and your sisters 20 year standing league" comment is required.

So, even in a Dynasty league you would only target sure-thing starters? Pretty short-sighted IMO.

if deuce can't go, they'll get another RB, waste of a roster spot...

see: jerious norwood

if deuce can't go, they'll get another RB, waste of a roster spot...

see: jerious norwood

I dont think so. Thomas was good enough to make A.Pittman expendable, a rb that NO spent a decent draft pick on last year. He was also good enough to keep R.Mendenhall on the bench at Illinois. He has looked very good for the saints in every oppurtunity he has had. Im not saying hes going to come out and set the league on fire, but hes a relatively unknown guy that is very low risk for where he will be drafted, with a potentially high reward

I dont think so. Thomas was good enough to make A.Pittman expendable, a rb that NO spent a decent draft pick on last year. He was also good enough to keep R.Mendenhall on the bench at Illinois. He has looked very good for the saints in every oppurtunity he has had. Im not saying hes going to come out and set the league on fire, but hes a relatively unknown guy that is very low risk for where he will be drafted, with a potentially high reward

Hmm sound familair?

Pierre Thomas was pretty darn good in the preseason as well. I see no need for N.O to draft a RB early. Thomas could handle the Duece well just fine. I could see 200-250 carries and 800 yards. What happens if Bush gets hurt again?? Watch out then......