Sign in to follow this  
Fun Bags

Another car question for SUX

Wife's car: 2002 Chev Impala...64,000 miles

Here is the situation...

About a month and a half ago we had the exhaust replaced and routine services done at a Chevy dealer/service garage. Not that this related, but we soon had trouble starting the car. Battery was kicking in, but the engine not turning over without pumping some gas and trying several starts. We took the car to my wife's cousin who owns a service station. He said the fuel pump was bad and he replaced it for us. Now, not only do we still have difficulty starting the car, but twice it has stalled out while being operated. I have also noticed a very strong odor/concentration of gas fumes in our garage when the car is there. There are no noticeable drippings on the garage floor of any kind.

So what are we looking at here? Fuel injector problem? Something clogging or blocking the fuel line? Leak in the fuel line?

Wife's car: 2002 Chev Impala...64,000 miles

Here is the situation...

About a month and a half ago we had the exhaust replaced and routine services done at a Chevy dealer/service garage. Not that this related, but we soon had trouble starting the car. Battery was kicking in, but the engine not turning over without pumping some gas and trying several starts. We took the car to my wife's cousin who owns a service station. He said the fuel pump was bad and he replaced it for us. Now, not only do we still have difficulty starting the car, but twice it has stalled out while being operated. I have also noticed a very strong odor/concentration of gas fumes in our garage when the car is there. There are no noticeable drippings on the garage floor of any kind.

So what are we looking at here? Fuel injector problem? Something clogging or blocking the fuel line? Leak in the fuel line?

First sux requires that you view this short clip.

Here

Sounds like they messed something up to me. Could be a coincidence, but I'd say you need to get to the service manager or better yet the operations dealer and let them know the problem. T

What say you motor heads out there?

Sounds like they messed something up to me. Could be a coincidence, but I'd say you need to get to the service manager or better yet the operations dealer and let them know the problem. T

What say you motor heads out there?

I think they prefer the name grease monkeys.

It's most definately NOT a coincidence.

I can give you 10 different scenarios here, but the reality is I would bring it back to them, DEMAND flat out they fix the issue and you will NOT pay any further charges.

It could be they failed to hook up an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve back up, an 02 sensor, or any number of vacuum lines back up.

All could cause the problems you are having.

What I would do...is bring it to a place like Checker, or Advanced Auto, etc...get a error code reader, plug it in, find the error code (there will be some) or codes and dump them on here.

In any case...I would bring it back and blow a 'gasket' on them ######.

It's most definately NOT a coincidence.

I can give you 10 different scenarios here, but the reality is I would bring it back to them, DEMAND flat out they fix the issue and you will NOT pay any further charges.

It could be they failed to hook up an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve back up, an 02 sensor, or any number of vacuum lines back up.

All could cause the problems you are having.

What I would do...is bring it to a place like Checker, or Advanced Auto, etc...get a error code reader, plug it in, find the error code (there will be some) or codes and dump them on here.

In any case...I would bring it back and blow a 'gasket' on them ######.

The Chevy people or my wife's cousin???

If the Chevy place focked it up, shouldn't my wife's cousin have been able to detect it? Or is he just a hack as well???