Sign in to follow this  
njacinto

Here's a team for Favre...

There seems to be a lot of talk about Minnesota, Carolina, and even Chicago as possible teams that could use Favre. But then again, why would GB trade Favre to an NFC team?

Here's one possibility that's intriguing: KANSAS CITY

Reasons:

1. They really do need QB. (Huard, Croyle, and Thigpen are NOT the answer).

2. There have good offensive talent around that needs leadership, and they are one player (QB) away from being a contender.

3. They're in the AFC (not the NFC where GB plays).

4. Missouri isn't too far from Mississippi (Favre's home state).

5. Didn't KC welcome Joe Montana and Marcus Allen (2 hall of famers) to end their careers as Chiefs?

Thoughts anyone?

Never happen. People can talk about how such and such teams can use Favre, but truth is that if he isn't playing for Green Bay, that he won't be playing. That team is a super bowl team right now, and he's not going return to mentor someone like Brody Croyle.

Horrid OL. Favre won't be lining up behind ###### like that. Add in the fact that the herminator is a collosal POS as far as offensive ingenuity and there is no way Favre plays there.

the team that would fit best for Brett is the Panthers, Smith would great and the running games is good, the D is ok.

4. Missouri isn't too far from Mississippi (Favre's home state).

WTF

Ever seen a map? The map isn't in alphabetical order you know.

2. There have good offensive talent around that needs leadership, and they are one player (QB) away from being a contender.

I think they may be more than one player away from being a contender. :pointstosky:

The team that i believe would make since (and I've haven't heard anyone bring up is the Jets) i am not a jets fan but they have made some good moves this off-season and could be a good qb from getting over the hump Pennington doesn't have the arm and Cleamons isn't ready. You have a good OL decent recievers and T.Jones can get the job done. defence has possibilities Harris, Gohlstein, Pace, Revis, and Rhoades have the makings of a decent D. Just my 2 cents

WTF

Ever seen a map? The map isn't in alphabetical order you know.

I've made the drive from the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Kansas City and its only an 13-14 hour drive. :banana:

Favre is coming back to play for a Super Bowl contending Green Bay, period. The only person leaving Green Bay is going to be Aaron Rogers if he asks for a trade.

Favre is coming back to play for a Super Bowl contending Green Bay, period. The only person leaving Green Bay is going to be Aaron Rogers if he asks for a trade.

I like the way this guy thinks. :wall:

No way does KC take Favre, that would be dumb, they need more than a qb to make it the distance. If I was Favre I'd want to go to Minnesota, if they plugged him in there, they could be very solid.

Favre is not in control of this situation. The Green Bay staff is. I don't think that they want Favre to play for them this year. They want to move on from that and give Rodgers his chance. They believe in him. Therefore, for Favre to play, he'll need to be released or traded.

There is no way in Hell that they release him. He may end up with a division rival like the Vikes. They just won't let that happen.

They could trade him. But how many teams would be a good fit? It would have to be a team that Favre thinks would be a contender, and it would have to be a team that needs a starting QB. Also, remember that team would have to give up something to get Favre, so it would have to be a team that thinks they are a QB away from winning this year. I just don't see that situation anywhere around the NFL right now. Maybe the Jets (like one guy said.) Or maybe a contending team has there starting QB go down to injury in training camp.

Other than that, I don't think we're going to see Favre play again.

Do people really think Favre would play for another team? Why would he want to start all over with a new team, worse teams....?

What would be the point??

I doubt he would play for another team. But, remember, the rumors are that he asked for a release from the Pack. Why else would he ask for a release if not to play for someone else?

I doubt he would play for another team. But, remember, the rumors are that he asked for a release from the Pack. Why else would he ask for a release if not to play for someone else?

He could be calling the Packers bluff, figuring they would take him back rather than release him. But my money is still on him staying retired.

Thats why it is a rumor.

It makes no sense at all for him to want to play with another team. He has spent his whole career in GB basically, if he wanted to play he would want to play for his team, a team that is better than anything he would go to.