Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

Question about the poor

They've been voting Democrat forever and nothing has changed. Is being poor a direct result of stupidity and bad decision making which would obviously mean they will always vote Democrat or do dems make false promises only for votes knowing poverty will always exist per Bell Curve doctrine?

Whats the deal?

They've been voting Democrat forever and nothing has changed. Is being poor a direct result of stupidity and bad decision making which would obviously mean they will always vote Democrat or do dems make false promises only for votes knowing poverty will always exist per Bell Curve doctrine?

Whats the deal?

What's supposed to "change"? You can't make an uneducated, lazy person suddenly educated and not lazy. You can give them stuff and that's what the Dems do and that's why they vote for them.

I have a problem with the notion that the poor vote Democrat. What percentage of the poor actually vote? I'm willing to bet it at least half of the rate at which middle and upper class do. BTW as a whole only about 48% of eligible people vote in the first place. So everyone that bietches about our guberment only half of them have the right to. :angry:

I have a problem with the notion that the poor vote Democrat. What percentage of the poor actually vote? I'm willing to bet it at least half of the rate at which middle and upper class do. BTW as a whole only about 48% of eligible people vote in the first place. So everyone that bietches about our guberment only half of them have the right to. :angry:

Dems round them up and drive them to the poles, trust me, done under the guise of "Public Transport". Even still, you are correct, they dont make up a huge portion of voters but this isnt a mob rules democracy....its specifically designed to hear and rep. the "little guy". While not a huge number of them vote, the ones that do are 95% dem voters.

Dems round them up and drive them to the poles, trust me, done under the guise of "Public Transport". Even still, you are correct, they dont make up a huge portion of voters but this isnt a mob rules democracy....its specifically designed to hear and rep. the "little guy". While not a huge number of them vote, the ones that do are 95% dem voters.

I'm always fascinated by this: there are way more "have nots" than "haves," and the Dems are the party of the "have nots." You would think they'd win every time. But somehow they don't. I'm left to conclude that they are lazy poor people. :angry:

I would argue that our system is actually set up to "hear and rep." powerful lobbying groups, not the little guy. I would also argue that there is a large poor, southern, gun-toting, religious segment of the population that votes 95% republican. There are far more educated, wealthy americans that vote dem than you think.

I'm always fascinated by this: there are way more "have nots" than "haves," and the Dems are the party of the "have nots." You would think they'd win every time. But somehow they don't. I'm left to conclude that they are lazy poor people. :headbanger:

What's up Jerry. I've seen numerous studies that show most poor people don't vote, and most poor people believe that who is in power does not affect their situation. See also my comment above regarding gun-toting conservatives.

I would argue that our system is actually set up to "hear and rep." powerful lobbying groups, not the little guy. I would also argue that there is a large poor, southern, gun-toting, religious segment of the population that votes 95% republican.

As far as the southern hick contingent I believe its about 50/50 from what ive read....buncha blue dogs, most low wage employers are union backed and everyone knows Repubs are union kryptonite, and so goes the voting.

I would argue that our system is actually set up to "hear and rep." powerful lobbying groups, not the little guy. I would also argue that there is a large poor, southern, gun-toting, religious segment of the population that votes 95% republican. There are far more educated, wealthy americans that vote dem than you think.

What's up Jerry. I've seen numerous studies that show most poor people don't vote, and most poor people believe that who is in power does not affect their situation. See also my comment above regarding gun-toting conservatives.

Hey Greedo, all is well, how are you? Book sequel coming along well?

I confess to not knowing where you sit on this issue, sorry. Certainly empirical evidence indicates that poor dems don't vote, as I indicated. Also I don't own a gun and don't live in the South (as you know), but I'm a conservative.

I'm equally fascinated by the fact that "educated, wealthy" Americans lean liberal. I certainly consider myself educated, and by some measures wealthy, and I just don't get it. :headbanger: