Sign in to follow this  
detfan792004

Portis or Gore

Gore or Portis  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you keep in keeper fridge.

• Portis
    • Gore

Trying to decide on who to keep at RB. I have to protect one RB. It is between Ports and Gore. Both are rated about the same. Both have issues coming up this year.

Gore hs Martz and we know that means trouble. Portis cant stay healthy and has Betts to see more carries.

Scoring

20 yards rushing-1 pt

20 yard receive- 1 pt

td=6

recep=.5

Leave link and I will respond to yours

Gore hs Martz and we know that means trouble. Portis cant stay healthy and has Betts to see more carries.

You have portis as being the health risk, when gore has only played 1 full season since his sophomore year of highschool :)

I would put them as equal health risks, and neither is going to be in a rbbc. I think gore's ceiling is slightly higher, however i would take portis, because on average 40% of the starting running backs that begin the season go down with injury, when portis misses time betts steps right in and puts up the same numbers(even better numbers when portis missed 8 games 2 years ago). When gore misses time you have to go to a completely different team to try to get a starting runningback.

You have portis as being the health risk, when gore has only played 1 full season since his sophomore year of highschool :)

I would put them as equal health risks, and neither is going to be in a rbbc. I think gore's ceiling is slightly higher, however i would take portis, because on average 40% of the starting running backs that begin the season go down with injury, when portis misses time betts steps right in and puts up the same numbers(even better numbers when portis missed 8 games 2 years ago). When gore misses time you have to go to a completely different team to try to get a starting runningback.

Very insightful post. If I kept Portis I would need Betts no doubt.

i'd go with portis. i think the redskins offense will be much improved this year with portis as the workhorse. he may be older and have more miles on him, but he's not old. Gore on the other hand is younger but has more injury history and is on a bad team with a new OC who wants to throw all the time. Gore may have more potential, but i think portis is much safer and almost guaranteed to get 1300 yds and 10-12 tds.

i need some help too.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=318126

I like Gore here. Portis is no slouch, don't get me wrong. Gore is SF best weapon and the Skins have a few more options when it comes to weapons.

I would go with Gore, I think he could do great in a Martz offense, he is not Marshall Faulk but I could imagine that Martz will use him in a similar way.

Gore has caught about 20 more passes per season than Portis (OK thats 0.6 Points per game, but if you loose by 0.5 you would be glad to have this 0.6 points) and I see this number rising with Martz as OC.

Since you get 0.5 PPR I would go with Gore