Sign in to follow this  
dingo37

If Farve goes to Tampa.....

OK - no links - just thoughts. Haven't seen this brought up yet. Too crazy?

TB gives GB a draft pick for the rights to Farve.

They then turn around and get the pick back from Minny or NYJ for Garcia.

Make sense? Is Garcia enough to put Minny over the top or NYJ a serious contender?

I would like to see Garcia come up here but for nothing more than a 3rd or 4th round pick I would say. Garcia is a solid quarterback but to say he puts MN "over the top" is saying too much. He would probably get them into the playoffs but after that who knows. He has never really done much in post-season play anyway. 2-4 I believe all-time in postseason play.

No, Garcia is not enough. He has to fit a system and while he does fit in TB, probably not so much in Minny or NYJ. Especially not for a draft pick on such late notice.

No, Garcia is not enough. He has to fit a system and while he does fit in TB, probably not so much in Minny or NYJ. Especially not for a draft pick on such late notice.

Why don't you think he would fit in Minny's system?

Im not syaing he would be enough...but Minny runs a similar system to what he had in Philly and SF.

I'm not a Garcia fan by any means, but his numbers last year are worth looking at.

64% completion with little help in my opinion. Only four interceptions all year and a 95 QB rating.

Is this all system numbers? This sytem make him a Pro-Bowler?

Garcia has taken a losing record team from McWorthless and gone 1-6 on a 5 game regular winning streak. - Using the exact same tools/weapons that McNabb has. - (Yet McNabb keeps whining for "playmakers"). Garcia takes an out of contention team into the playoffs.

Then he goes to Tampa and take a 4-12 team into the playoffs next year. - Not to mention going to the Pro-Bowl three times as a Niner and breaking both Montana and Young's records.

If any of the FA QB's out there have a proven track record of being able to do so, I'd say Garcia could do so with Minny. I'd take him over Cpep, McNair, Griese, etc. if I was Minny. Why the heck not?? He can't suck worse than what they have.

Garcia has taken a losing record team from McWorthless and gone 1-6 on a 5 game regular winning streak. - Using the exact same tools/weapons that McNabb has. - (Yet McNabb keeps whining for "playmakers"). Garcia takes an out of contention team into the playoffs.

Then he goes to Tampa and take a 4-12 team into the playoffs next year. - Not to mention going to the Pro-Bowl three times as a Niner and breaking both Montana and Young's records.

If any of the FA QB's out there have a proven track record of being able to do so, I'd say Garcia could do so with Minny. I'd take him over Cpep, McNair, Griese, etc. if I was Minny. Why the heck not?? He can't suck worse than what they have.

Well said!! I couldn't agree more.