Sign in to follow this  
G-String

Hassebeck

When your buddies go for Peyton or Brees sit back and sneak up on Hasselbeck. Hass number are nearly identical to Drew Brees. But he isn't getting the hype. I would take Hass over Brees, or Big Ben. His WR's are injuried but they were all injuried last year and he put up 28 TD's and nearly 4,000 yards.

When your buddies go for Peyton or Brees sit back and sneak up on Hasselbeck. Hass number are nearly identical to Drew Brees. But he isn't getting the hype. I would take Hass over Brees, or Big Ben. His WR's are injuried but they were all injuried last year and he put up 28 TD's and nearly 4,000 yards.

Well maybe last yeat but NOT this year....Hass is going to have a bad year...and it will be this year....It will be touhg to mention Brees and Hass in the same sentence at the end of the year...

But what do I know I drafted the GREAT Jason Cambell as my starter in ROund 8 with a million other better choices left including Favre, Delhomme and Eli.....

I like Matt and am a Seahawks fan/homer. I would not take Matt over either of those guys.

Considering Bobby is out for a bit, Branch...who knows when he's coming back.

Even this morning on 950 KJR, they discussed that they wouldn't even know who to cut or thrust into the starting lineup with Burleson at receiver if the season started next week. Matt's solid but the uncertainty at the WR position in Seattle might not make for a good fantasy season.

I'm very down on Hasselbeck this year. I see him potentially falling out of the top 10 at the position due partially to the improvements in the teams in the division and partially to the fact that they have significantly downgraded the offence over the last few years.

Matt Hasselbeck the NFL QB is a very good player and not the reason his team is going to take a step back. Matt Hasselbeck the Fantasy QB will have insufficient weapons and opportunity to put up the same numbers he did last year.

My QB Rankings

Brady

Manning

Brees

Romo

Roethlisberger

Palmer

Anderson

The Other Manning

McNabb

Campbell

Hasselbeck...and he'll be pretty close to Favre, Rivers and Bulger a cut below the guys in the top 10.

The only reason his numbers might dip at all are because they'll actually be able to run the ball this year. Hassebeck doesn't need known WR's to put up numbers. He makes his WR's where as a lot of other QB's are dependent on WR's to make them look good.

My QB Rankings

Brady

Manning

Brees

Romo

Roethlisberger

Palmer

Anderson

The Other Manning

McNabb

Campbell

Hasselbeck...and he'll be pretty close to Favre, Rivers and Bulger a cut below the guys in the top 10.

:music_guitarred:

The fact that you put Anderson and Campbell ahead of Hass completely invalidates your list.

Maybe you can use the favorable exchange rate to buy a clue.

:thumbsdown:

The fact that you put Anderson and Campbell ahead of Hass completely invalidates your list.

Maybe you can use the favorable exchange rate to buy a clue.

I agree about Campbell, but seriously, HASS has NO ONE to throw to. I defended him last year big time, but this year he's got nobody to catch passes...

I can see it now, "Hasslebeck drops back to pass... but wait! There's no receivers on the field! He doesn't have anyone to throw to! Mike Holmgren's head just exploded!"

C'mon, just because people that don't follow the Seahawks can't tell you who are WRs are doesn't mean "HASS has NO ONE to throw to." There are young WRs on the roster that have had time to learn the WCO and are getting opportunities due to the injuries. Plus, Engram will be back after the bye (week 5). Branch should be able to contribute sooner rather than later and the Seahawks now have RBs that can catch out of the backfield.

I just wish some of the people in my league would buy into the misconceptions so I could have a chance to steal him in the 8th round.

BTW, did you see Anderson tonight?

puke

I can see it now, "Hasslebeck drops back to pass... but wait! There's no receivers on the field! He doesn't have anyone to throw to! Mike Holmgren's head just exploded!"

C'mon, just because people that don't follow the Seahawks can't tell you who are WRs are doesn't mean "HASS has NO ONE to throw to." There are young WRs on the roster that have had time to learn the WCO and are getting opportunities due to the injuries. Plus, Engram will be back after the bye (week 5). Branch should be able to contribute sooner rather than later and the Seahawks now have RBs that can catch out of the backfield.

I just wish some of the people in my league would buy into the misconceptions so I could have a chance to steal him in the 8th round.

BTW, did you see Anderson tonight?

puke

I follow the Hawks enough and I'm sure there are others on the board that are more up to date on them than I am (i.e. Gladstone, Flahawker, Phillybear) but...names like Jordan Kent, Bumpus (WHO?) are being thrown around on recent radio segments as to who to start with Nate Burleson (while Branch and Engram are healing). These young receivers who've had time to learn the WCO like Ben Obamanu (name thrown around on these boards as a possible sleeper) and Courtney Taylor aren't impressing during this early preseason. These are reasons to be weary of Hasslebeck (fantasy football purposes). I could give a damn about fantasy, I'm more concerned about our offense (but am very encouraged re: the run game). Just my dos centos....