Sign in to follow this  
CedarGrovePack

A. Bradshaw vs D. Ward

I hate drafting a RB w/o a true cuff. Drafted Jacobs as my #2RB & spent a late round pk in Bradshaw. Worried about Ward though. Who would get the most points if/when Jacobs goes down? :lol:

you made the right call, especially if it's PPR. Bradshaw gets alot of those checkdown looks from Eli that used to go to Shockey (and Jacobs til they realized he had hands of stone). If Jacobs goes down, Bradshaw has the homerun ability and will also be in on third downs. It would likely be a fairly close split carries wise, but getting the third down back (they seemed to run alot of those RB curls last year) will give Bradshaw the edge, especially PPR. :lol:

The early word form Giants camp what that Bradshaw and Jacobs were splitting the first team reps. I think he's going to be used like in their playoff run as a guy that could get 15+ touches in a game.

At this point Ward is a speical teamer that is the 3rd guy. The only thing that could change that is a large suspension for Bradshaw. Many forget that he spend a month in prision in the offseason. I don't know why, but I'm sure the Commish is sorting through it looking if he should be suspended.

There is no suspension for Bradshaw. The league already weighed in and is a non issue.

Ward is #2 on the depth chart and will be the starter if Jacobs goes down, but Bradshaw will see more game action under normal circumstances. If Jacobs were to get injured, you might see a 50/50 split between Ward and AB, with Ward getting the start.

There is no suspension for Bradshaw. The league already weighed in and is a non issue.

Ward is #2 on the depth chart and will be the starter if Jacobs goes down, but Bradshaw will see more game action under normal circumstances. If Jacobs were to get injured, you might see a 50/50 split between Ward and AB, with Ward getting the start.

exactly my delima. If Jacobs gets hurt, who should I have as a cuff? Do both get goal-line looks? Equal value? killing me

Then screw getting the hand-cuff.

Think of it this way. It's a 10 team league and it looks like rosters are 13 large. Correct me if I'm wrong, but starters are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, D, and K. That's 8 spots. With only 5 bench spots available is having a hand cuff really that valuable? In my league I've got AP and ignored the handcuff to get Kevin Smith because Smith can give around the same production as Taylor would if AP went down and he can contribute while AP is healthy. Besides if AP is healthy for the first 4 weeks (knock on wood) whomever has Taylor will probably drop him because they need the extra bench spot because either a couple of their starters are on bye or they are sick of looking at him not doing nothing.

D. Ward is a legit NFL running back. Ward broke his leg and is 100% recovered from that injury. Check out his numbers when Jacobs was hurt last year.

8 games

125 rushing attempts

602 rushing yards

3 Rushing TD

4.8 Yard avg per rush

26 reception

179 rec yards

1 Rec TD

I see this differently, in fact I see it similar to Dallas w/ Marion Barber III. If Barber was to go down, Felix Jones doesn't become the starter, although his role could increase some. Tashard Choice would most likely take over for Barber with Felix still in his same proposed role. I see NYG the same way. If Jacobs goes down, Ward fills his spot with Bradshaw keeping the change of pace role and maybe getting a few more touches.

Ward is decent, Bradshaw and Jacobs are pretty good, but it's the Giants line that makes these guys (all 3 of them) look as good as they do.

Ward is decent, Bradshaw and Jacobs are pretty good, but it's the Giants line that makes these guys (all 3 of them) look as good as they do.

I couldn't agree more. With Jacobs they will be RBBC. Without Jacobs they will be RBBC. That line makes whoever is in there a decent start, but it's tough to guarentee touches to one guy.

Personally I'm not big on Jacobs. Probably 800 yards 10 Tds. That isn't bad, but not worth a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd round pick.

if Jacobs goes down, you want Ward... he will be used as the power back if jacobs isnt playing and get the TDs.. Bradshaw is a yardage back..

:overhead:

imo IF Jacobs goes down.. both Bradshaw and Ward will split carries but coughlin will use Ward near the goalline... so you'll get some yards, maybe not as many as Bradshaw but Ward should get the TDs