Sign in to follow this  
Runningriot1966

Vince Young

I must say that is the worst performance that I have ever seen in my football watching life going back to the 70s. This guy better get it together quick or broadcasting is in the near future. He missed open targets by 10 yards! I had him low on my 2nd string qb list but after seeing that he is going to the do not draft list. Its a shame that Tn has a decent team but zero in the passing game, no qb and no worthy receivers.

I must say that is the worst performance that I have ever seen in my football watching life going back to the 70s. This guy better get it together quick or broadcasting is in the near future. He missed open targets by 10 yards! I had him low on my 2nd string qb list but after seeing that he is going to the do not draft list. Its a shame that Tn has a decent team but zero in the passing game, no qb and no worthy receivers.

No doubt... hes freeging terrible. The guy had a few good college games and then shot his wad against USC. Guess college doesnt mean squat because he looks like he should be playing playground football at best. They should just make him a WR or something. He obviously doesnt have a head or an arm for the pro game.

The poor Titans are screwed and they probably know it. Of course they'll have to be careful how they release him or cut him though since the political correctness poilce will be out in full force. :dunno:

too bad Houston took the DE instead of Young. he could have been throwing to AJ, which would make him look a lot better.

too bad Houston took the DE instead of Young. he could have been throwing to AJ, which would make him look a lot better.

Making Houston's decision to pass on Young look better the more we see Young fail miserably

Repeat after me:

VINCE YOUNG JUST WINS GAMES................despite a 65 on the QB rating per game, horrible mechanics and he reads defenses like a 2 year old reads War and Peace.

If you draft VY you need to seek counselling and hit the mute button during football games. Quit listening to ahole analysts (yeah there's anal in their job title) who keep pushing this guy.

yeah, young has become a fantasy nightmare and reality gem.

in reality, he wins games and always a dual threat with his legs, which causes defensive game planning.

his passing shortcomings are his only hindrance in reality, and a major one in fantasy. i was really looking forward to him showing some signs and stats against a bad atlanta team and secondary. this was a great opportunity for him to show the critics and his coaches/team that he is poised to take another step in his development.

instead, he was bad. got picked off, averaged marginal yds/comp. he remains a major contributor to winning in reality, but a minor contributor in fantasy. :Mr-T:

Reality Gem? What color is the sky in this reality world where VY is a gem?

Tennessee's DEF and coaching is the difference that makes them win games. VY is horrible in reality and FF.

Tennessee's DEF and coaching is the difference that makes them win games. VY is horrible in reality and FF.

Agreed but they are gonna have to live with it for a while because Collins is 4 years past his average ability prime. If I were them id be looking to pull off a huge trade with someone stacked at the qb postion.

I drafter Tom Brady in the first round and Vince in the 9th round of my new Dynasty league.

:lol:

He's a good quarterback, all except for the throwing the ball part. :(

Hadn't seen him yet. He can throw accurately. And has a strong arm. Not sure what his deal is... putting too much pressure on himself. Would think he could get through that.

B)

:doublethumbsup:

Hadn't seen him yet. He can throw accurately. And has a strong arm. Not sure what his deal is... putting too much pressure on himself. Would think he could get through that.

:(

:doublethumbsup:

You might be right about that, it looks like he lacks confidence to me. Not sure of himself.

As a Titans fan, I thought VY looked ok last night. For those who didn't watch the game (only the stats) his WR dropped atleast four passes while he played. I think they actually dropped 7-8 for the game. McCareins dropped one, Gage dropped a huge pass on third down, Roydell dropped one, and I can't remember who the other one was. He also had a nice scramble for the first. Vince and the Titans had no trouble moving the ball on the Falcons, but they still struggle to get in the endzone.

If those passes were caught he'd probably have been 12/18 for 150-160 yards and an INT. Not terrible for a half. About the INT, that was a bad pass all the way around and VY deserves the grief on that one. Vince really struggles on the short passing game which I hope will be addressed by Heimerdinger in the next few weeks.

And just to emphasize that preseason means nothing, last preseason Vince had a QB rating of 91.

he should have retired while at the top of his game, hate to see guys fizzle out like this...

As a Titans fan, I thought VY looked ok last night. For those who didn't watch the game (only the stats) his WR dropped atleast four passes while he played. I think they actually dropped 7-8 for the game. McCareins dropped one, Gage dropped a huge pass on third down, Roydell dropped one, and I can't remember who the other one was. He also had a nice scramble for the first. Vince and the Titans had no trouble moving the ball on the Falcons, but they still struggle to get in the endzone.

If those passes were caught he'd probably have been 12/18 for 150-160 yards and an INT. Not terrible for a half. About the INT, that was a bad pass all the way around and VY deserves the grief on that one. Vince really struggles on the short passing game which I hope will be addressed by Heimerdinger in the next few weeks.

And just to emphasize that preseason means nothing, last preseason Vince had a QB rating of 91.

No disrespect intended bud but sounds like you're talking about Mike Vick when you're talking about dropped passes. Sure they dropped them but he shouldn't be a starting NFL QB and missing guys the way he is. I'm not knocking black QBs (Gerrard is a good QB) but let's stop this 'running QB' experiment we've had the last several years and focus on guys that can read defenses and hit a receiver in stride.

:music_guitarred: What he said.

Reese is dumb if he isn't trying to get McNair out for a year...

It be a win-win for McNair. He get to play with pal and a kid who loves him and it would only help his popularity tag in Tennessee.

Reese is dumb if he isn't trying to get McNair out for a year...

It be a win-win for McNair. He get to play with pal and a kid who loves him and it would only help his popularity tag in Tennessee.

Didn't McNair get locked out of the Titans lockerroom? I'm thinking he wouldn't go back there to take a sh!t!

Didn't McNair get locked out of the Titans lockerroom? I'm thinking he wouldn't go back there to take a sh!t!

Actually he was there this past week for practice.

Actually he was there this past week for practice.

Wow; didn't know that.

Seriously, if someone treated me the way the treated him, I'd only go back with a gas can and a book of matches.

No disrespect intended bud but sounds like you're talking about Mike Vick when you're talking about dropped passes. Sure they dropped them but he shouldn't be a starting NFL QB and missing guys the way he is. I'm not knocking black QBs (Gerrard is a good QB) but let's stop this 'running QB' experiment we've had the last several years and focus on guys that can read defenses and hit a receiver in stride.

Amen!!! It seems accurate throwing would be the number one criteria for a QB. Like you, I do love David Gerrard and would take him on my fantasy team anyday. How many throwing qbs have to win superbowls before these NFL GM dummys figure it out. Its like 42 bowls now,,, well excluding Steve Young maybe. However, Young could throw and run which is a oddity.