Sign in to follow this  
Boston_Diablo

The definitive S-Jax vs. Addai poll

It's interesting to see how definitive people are about Addai "wearing down at the end of the season" when he's only been a full time starter for one year.

I think he could have played most of those snaps if the Colts weren't running away with the AFC South.

I'm more concerned with Rhodes stealing goal line carries. Not guessing whether Addai will be "worn down" at the end of the year.

Why? Addai has been money from the stripe.

Jackson pulling away with 11, to Addai's 7 and Barber's 6.... I guess we might be going with the high risk / high reward stance.

Polls close soon. Keep the votes coming...

Oh if you're expanding it to all 3 then I would take MB3 (my original post was just addressing the Addai vs. SJax question)... In fact I just took him at 5 in a league last night (AD/LT/Westy/Brady in front obv). He'll get fewer catches than SJax, but is a downright ferocious back with a great skillset surrounded by an outstanding supporting cast on a high octane offense. Plus Dallas will keep his legs fresh and he's been pretty healthy throughout his career so he's pretty low risk too.

All things being equal I'd take SJax in a heartbeat, but the Rams look like a tower of cards this year... hats off to people taking SJax this year and good luck.

I have to go SJax here, and MBIII before Addai. I think people are underestimating the impact Dominic Rhodes is going to have and Manning's injury. Manning had the same surgery Marvin Harrison had last year. Not saying I wouldn't draft Manning, but hands down if Manning isn't there.....that team is horrible.

The other is the arrival of Al Saunders and his offense. His teams have been top 5 in rushing attempts over the last 10 years. The Rams offense goes through Steven Jackson, and the Rams play in a bad division. While maybe not likely, it wouldn't surprise me if SJax was the #1 fantasy RB this year. It would surprise me more if he were healthy all year that he wasn't in the top 5.

I second this exactly.

SJax is a High Risk - High Reward player

Look what happend last year....

even if Sjax has a great year, it won't be THAT much better than Addai considering STL's offensive problems and injury history

so, in reality, you're getting a High Risk.. potential top 3 to 5 player over Addai which is a low risk - potential top 4 to 6 player

I wonder who the smart choice would be.

Guys, I made the assumption of just one starting QB based on your signature; only one QB listed in starting roster: :overhead:

QB Jason Campbell

RB Joseph Addai

RB Marshawn Lynch

RB/WR Ricky Williams

WR Torry Holt

WR Laveranues Coles

OP JaMarcus Russell

TE Chris Cooley

D/ST Eagles

K Phil Dawson

Sooo, I was wrong but it might have been helpful listing two QBs in your sig. or give a hint as to what unorthodox scoring you're using.

No hard feelings but the last time I checked JaMarcus Russell was/is a QB. To the OP, I hope and pray that SJax doesn't get banged up early like he did last year. It killed me to read his ESPN blog promising that he would be back the following week and yad-a-yad-a. Also, a guarantee of over 2,000 rushing yards is a ballsy move for any RB. Has he made any such predictions this year?

im thinking MBIII but S.JAX has a better upside and is the man in STL where MBIII might split some time.. but more likely to stay healthy. I value health/upside/playoff schedule/oline/ offense that will move the ball

HEALTH- BARBER

UPSIDE- JACKSON

Schedule- JACKSON

PLAYOFF- JACKSON

OLINE- BARBER

MOVE BALL- BARBER

as you see its a split on how i value players.. i think S.JACKSON is the better playoff player, so if i make it to the playoffs i'd rather have JACKSON...

at this moment im leaning towards jackson but i might trade down to 5 so i can get barber one spot later... we shall see.

GOOD LUCK 4's! :rolleyes:

I just finished a pay league draft and I had the fifth pick. The draft went LT, AP, Westy, Gore? and with the fifth pick I took Addai. Jackson and Brady were there but I don't draft qb's in the first round and Jackson had two very important factors going against him that made Addai the easy pick. One, he plays for a piece of crap team and two he just signed a Shaun Alexander type contract. How much running do you thing the Rams are going to be doing in the second half of games when down five TDs compared to the Colts who will be up 5 TDs?