Sign in to follow this  
quikpoor

Trade S.Jax for Addai?

We had our draft a couple weeks ago and I ended up with Manning as my first pick, and S.Jackson as my second (concerns about his holdout caused him to slip). Now that Jackson has signed, I am being offered Addai for him. I am a big Colts fan, so it's hard for me to say no; but I am also concerned about the bye week and Manning's knee. What do you think?

1/10 yards

6 pt. TD

I've never been a fan of having the QB/RB combo. That would require both the running and passing game to be clicking. Indy's strength has always been exploiting defensive weaknesses one way or the other - either running through their opponent, or frying them through the air. But not both in the same game.

Though I may be biased as S. Jax is my keeper.... :overhead:

I've never been a fan of having the QB/RB combo. That would require both the running and passing game to be clicking. Indy's strength has always been exploiting defensive weaknesses one way or the other - either running through their opponent, or frying them through the air. But not both in the same game.

Great analysis. Then throw in the fact that SJax is simply the better back. SJax easy.

Help here?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=320244

Pound for pound, SJax is the better back. But, Addai has by far the better offense to play within. I think SJax will have a tough year with a terrible Rams offense around him. On the other hand, how much does Manning's health affect the running game for the Colts? Will it allow opposing defenses to key in on the run a little better? Not for sure.

If it were me, I would probably take my chances with Addai.

Stick with SJax. While I like Addai, he will likely put up similar numbers to SJax and I am not a fan of the QB/RB combo. Besides the bye week, they have a bad game and your team is missing some big players. Plus, Indy plays the 2nd toughest schedule this year, they may have more than just one bad game.