Sign in to follow this  
KingMathers8

Which QB has the best future ahead of him?

I will need a bench player for my Dynasty league that will go real cheap who do you think should take? When it's said and done who will have the best FUTURE?

J. Russell

T. Edwards

M. Ryan

Flacco

T. Jackson

K. Orton

B Quinn

Croyel

For the near future, I like O'Sullivan.

Not great talent, but if Martz sticks in SF he could be the next Kurt Warner. More likely he's the next Jon Kitna however... :music_guitarred:

Ryan and Edwards are the only guys on that list I would want anything to do with. After that MAYBE Flacco...but I wouldn't expect much out of him for at least another 2 to 3 years.

Ryan and Edwards are the only guys on that list I would want anything to do with. After that MAYBE Flacco...but I wouldn't expect much out of him for at least another 2 to 3 years.

Thta's my problem I need a backup QB I have Roeth as a keeper I plan on drafting Cutler so my QB's will be those 2 and I will need a bench guy who will be cheap $1-5 a Dynasty guy a Future guy somone who might even put up some nuumbers this year cause that QB will sub in for my QB's who start on bye weeks.

I will need a bench player for my Dynasty league that will go real cheap who do you think should take? When it's said and done who will have the best FUTURE?

J. Russell

T. Edwards

M. Ryan

Flacco

T. Jackson

K. Orton

B Quinn

Croyel

I don't think any are going to be elite QBs or fantasy studs. In my opinion Edwards and Ryan should be the two most consistently solid pros while Russell and Flacco have the tools so I'd give them the most upside.

I see Trent Edwards as a poised, accurate field leader who manages the games and comes through when you need him in the mold of Phil Simms or Bernie Kosar (not in style but substance) and I think we'll see the same from Ryan.

Falcco and Russell both have great size, rocket arms and decent mobility but at this point I can't say that they will put it all together, but both certainly have the upside to be very good.

The rest are career backups or busts.

He's 29 and a career backup. While I do like his short term prospects for this year (like you said) I don't think he fits the criteria of what the OP was looking for.

Not great talent, but if Martz sticks in SF he could be the next Kurt Warner. More likely he's the next Jon Kitna however... :(

Right, but he needs a bench player.

If O'Sullivan can put up Kitna's #s and there is no penalty for INTs then why not?

It's like buying gold before a Republican takes over the White House. Sometimes it doesn't work(Nixon, B1) and sometimes it blows up(Reagan, B2).

hth

edwards seems like a 'white garrard': solid game manager, fewer mistakes, and high% throws in a nice, run-based offense.

quinn has a lot of talent around him, especially at wr (edwards, stallworth, cribbs) and o-line (thomas, steinbach).

o'sullivan could definitely be ' warner 1999'.

t jackson has the best overall situation and team; he needs to develop, but could become very effective with nice running points as well.

The guy I like the most is my Dynasty project / long term guy: Kevin Kolb.

+1

The guy was learning more about the intelligence aspect of the game as a junior and senior than most rookies in the NFL. He has a decent team around him, and he will be a damn good QB in the NFL.

he shouldn't count he is a journeyman vet.

o'sullivan could definitely be ' warner 1999'.

Ummm, no. Warner had 3 Hall of Famers at his disposal. O'Sullivan doesn't.

While I think O'Sullivan could be a decent option at QB at times this year, he won't come close to Warner's numbers from '99. That was one of the best seasons ever by a QB.