Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

"How many leagues?"

Hey everyone. I had my 1st draft last night. I was supposed to have a draft on Wednesday night, too - but someone had a conflict they couldn't get out of. I got a weird e-mail around mid-night last night - and I think this other league held their draft "without me." :shocking:

The league I'm in had a TWENTY-round draft. While I like that many rounds .. it is A LOT of players to keep track of, each week.

The website that runs my league has ANOTHER league draft on Sunday that I "could" sign up for, and participate in.

Thing is - then I'm tracking 30+ players each week, which is even more work!

Should I stay with my one league, or sign up for this other one, too? Thoughts are appreciated! :headbanger:

THis will be my first year in multiple leagues. My first live draft will be on Sunday night and it's the league that I care the most about. I signed up for four online leagues. My thought was if you are paying attention to the players anyway, how much longer will it take to manage three other rosters?

Quit your job so you'll have more time to devote to your FF rosters. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY TEAMS! :first:

I have 4 this year and that seems to be about right.

It's true, if you're following football closely it's not a big deal to manage the extra players.

I'm doing 3 this year and for some reason when I'm doing 3, one always seems to get neglected. Ideally I like doing 2, but sucked into an extra one this week. It can get overwhelming, but like others have said, if you follow it closely, it shouldn't be too much of stretch.

drafted 2 money leagues and registered for one more.

prices are 80,40,30.

i still have the itch to do one more, but i am thinkin next year id prefer to just do like two 80-100 clam leagues going forward. higher risk but higher reward and being able to focus on two teams.

we shall see.

I've got 4. One auction league, two keeper leagues and one re-draft league. I have a system which makes my team management easy enough so none of my teams get neglected. If you keep up with FF and do it right there is a time ecomomy of scale here where it really doesn't take that much more time to do 4 leagues well than it does to do one league well.

I do not play in public leagues with total strangers.

muck you.

I wouldn't ask strangers to join my most favorite, long standing league, but due to one flaky n00b we're short a manager and what better place to find a quality player than FFToday!?

11 teams suks and I'm REALLY looking forward to drafting tomorrow.

muck you.

I wouldn't ask strangers to join my most favorite, long standing league, but due to one flaky n00b we're short a manager and what better place to find a quality player than FFToday!?

11 teams suks and I'm REALLY looking forward to drafting tomorrow.

I'm down send me an invite :pointstosky:

Thanks for the replies so far!

I confirmed last night that "the other league" did indeed draft without me. I'd have been a speaker-phone participant, anyway (buddies out of state) - and did get invited to join "last minute" - so .. "whatever." :lol:

I also was going to join another league at work - which ALSO (!) held their draft on Thurs 8/28 - for which I was already committed to my internet league. :lol:

I'll probably try and join that second league, which will hold their draft on Sun at 11:30AM. I do invest QUITE a bit of time into preparing my FF draft spreadsheets - and it would be somewhat of a waste to only do "one" league after spending all that time.

I'm down send me an invite :overhead:

Sorry Dave (in my best H.A.L. impression)

Just filled the last spot. Thanks for the interest though.

Good luck this year!

I've been in a keeper league forever with a bunch of old frineds. I finally broke down and joined a redraft this year (16 teams, at another FF site) to keep more up to date on the top players. My wife already hates when I root for, say, Drew Brees to throw 4 TDs but the Cards to win 31-28. Now I'll have different players on different teams; I'll be saying "cmon Drew, I need 4 TDs but not 5, because 5 will beat me in that other league!@#" I predict divorce by November. :overhead:

Also I'd like to try an auction next year. :pointstosky: