Sign in to follow this  
JonnyDangerpants

My name is JonnyDangerpants, and I have unique opinions.

I was actually planning on making this topic long before someone pointed my unique opinions out >_>

But now I finally decided to go ahead and make the topic...

So now it's your turn. Ask away.

With you unique opinions, give this one a shot

There is an owner in my league that is making trade offers like crazy....he feels he is in a tight spot. I am looking at making an offer, however I want all angles. So I will post the trade offer I am considering making / my roster / his roster / scoring for RBs

Trade Offer - AP/Taylor/B. Jackson for J. Lewis/Turner

My Roster:

QB - Brady. Rivers

RB - J. Lewis, M. Turner, S. Young, W. McGahee, R. Mendenhall

WR - Harrison, S. Moss, Gonzalez (IND), Cotchery, Stallworth, Gage, Ginn Jr.

TE - McMicheal, Z. Miller

K- M. Crosby

D- Titans

ST- Bills

His Roster:

QB - Palmer, Delhomme

RB - AP, Taylor, James, C. Johnson (TEN), A. Hall, T. Hightower, JJ Arington, A. Green

WR - Colston, Wayne, Smith (CAR), D. Thomas, R. Williams (JAC), D. Jackson (DEN),

TE - Clark (IND), Davis

K - Dawson

D- Vikings, Redskins

ST - Bears

RB Scoring

TD - 6 pts

Rush Yds - 10% (.1pts per 1yd)

Rec Yds - 10% (.1 pts per 1 yd)

Fumbles - -2pts

Please all advice from all angles is welcome and needed.

PS This guy likes Lewis and wants him, and has been looking to deal AP.

There is an owner in my league that is making trade offers like crazy....he feels he is in a tight spot. I am looking at making an offer, however I want all angles. So I will post the trade offer I am considering making / my roster / his roster / scoring for RBs

My Roster:

QB - Brady. Rivers

K- M. Crosby

D- Titans

ST- Bills

His Roster:

QB - Palmer, Delhomme

RB - AP, Taylor, James, C. Johnson (TEN), A. Hall, T. Hightower, JJ Arington, A. Green

WR - Colston, Wayne, Smith (CAR), D. Thomas, R. Williams (JAC), D. Jackson (DEN),

TE - Clark (IND), Davis

K - Dawson

D- Vikings, Redskins

ST - Bears

RB Scoring

TD - 6 pts

Fumbles - -2pts

Before I answer this question I need to know if that's Fred Taylor or Chester.

My Roster:

QB - Brady. Rivers

K- M. Crosby

D- Titans

ST- Bills

His Roster:

QB - Palmer, Delhomme

TE - Clark (IND), Davis

K - Dawson

D- Vikings, Redskins

ST - Bears

RB Scoring

TD - 6 pts

Fumbles - -2pts

In that case, there is really only one concern I have with this trade:

Injury

We both know Peterson has a long rap-sheet when it comes to injuries. However, we know Lewis has his had own share of problems.

Now at first I thought that you were getting Fred Taylor, so my other concern was playing time...

The Falcons have a history of running multiple backs. So Turner is bound to split carries (at least somewhat) with Norwood.

Ryan Grant held out... When you hold out you get hurt. It happens all the time. Therefor I think Jackson becomes the starter mid-season.

FINAL VERDICT:

This is a great trade for you. AP is bound to get shaken up a little bit, but if you have Chester that's not going to matter. Jackson is a great mid-season sleeper. I can't see how you'd go wrong here.

My Roster:

QB - Brady. Rivers

K- M. Crosby

D- Titans

ST- Bills

His Roster:

QB - Palmer, Delhomme

TE - Clark (IND), Davis

K - Dawson

D- Vikings, Redskins

ST - Bears

RB Scoring

TD - 6 pts

Fumbles - -2pts

"In that case, there is really only ont concern I have with this trade:

Injury

We both know Peterson has a long rap-sheet when it comes to injuries. However, we know Lewis has his had own share of problems.

Now at first I thought that you were getting Fred Taylor, so my other concern was playing time...

The Falcons have a history of running multiple backs. So Turner is bound to split carries (at least somewhat) with Norwood.

Ryan Grant held out... When you hold out you get hurt. It happens all the time. Therefor I think Jackson becomes the starter mid-season.

FINAL VERDICT:

This is a great trade for you. AP is bound to get shaken up a little bit, but if you have Chester that's not going to matter. Jackson is a great mid-season sleeper. I can't see how you'd go wrong here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think its a good trade for you because of the upside of Adrian Peterson, Jamal Lewis is 29 years old and has taken alot of punishment in his career and Michael Turner could be a pretty good player but he's no AD.

If I were you i'd work on getting another WR as yours are not very good to start the season in my opinion.

You listed B.Jackson in the trade but didn't list him on the other guys team, but he does have D.Jackson either way I could not agree less with Jonny about Jackson starting by mid season thats just foolish talk, and in my opinion it dont matter anyhow Grant wont have a season like he did last year because #4 plays in New York now and Aaron Rodgers is not the answer.

Also something else I find just wrong is saying Atlanta has a history of using multiple running backs, " A History"? What does that have to do with this season? Not only do they not have a history of using 2 backs that was a different coaching staff, they didn't sign Turner to a big deal to come in and share? If they thought so highly of Norwood why did they sign Turner?

Hey Jonny I got a question for ya? If you ranked the top 20 running backs for this season where would you list Frank Gore?

Good Luck

Peace...

DIS BE MAH TOPIC GTFO!

Just kidding :doh: Additional feedback is welcome.

My list would go as follows:

Tomlinson

Westbrook

Peterson

Barber

Addai

Lynch

Gore

OH MUH GAWD! HE DIDUNT PUT SEPHUN JACKSUN IN DER! NO WAI!

Stephen Jackson: Lots of talkin... Not much walkin...

Also I feel Jackson will be starter due to nagging injury's on Grant's part. Not because Jackson is better than Grant.

DIS BE MAH TOPIC GTFO!

Just kidding :doh: Additional feedback is welcome.

My list would go as follows:

Tomlinson

Westbrook

Peterson

Barber

Addai

Lynch

Gore

OH MUH GAWD! HE DIDUNT PUT SEPHUN JACKSUN IN DER! NO WAI!

Stephen Jackson: Lots of talkin... Not much walkin...

Also I feel Jackson will be starter due to nagging injury's on Grant's part. Not because Jackson is better than Grant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not sure how you can put Gore ahead of Jackson, Jackson plays with a much better offense around him than does Gore, unless of course you'd rather have O'Sullivan over Bulger as your starting QB and Arnaz Battle over Torry Holt as your #1 WR? I agree with the backs you put ahead of Gore but I would also put Larry Johnson ahead of him not because he's a better back but because he has the easiest schedule in the league this year vs the run. I would put Clinton Portis ahead of Gore, I might even think about Thomas Jones, Reggie Bush, MJD, before Gore, and maybe just maybe Chris Perry, Darren McFadden and whoever gets the starting gig in Seattle above Gore. I just dont believe the niners are gonna score much this season and I think with Martz there now and the fact the are going to suck as a team they will have to pass alot not allowing Gore a chance to get 20-25 carries a game. So it's not that I dont like Gore I just dont like Gore on the 49ers.

Lots of talkin... Not much walkin? I'm not even sure what that means, but if you mean that Stephan Jackson has put up better stats every season since they have been in the league ok...

Another question, IF you could pick Larry Fitzgerald, Braylon Edwards or Marques Colston this season who do you take and why?

Take care

Peace...

Jackson says, "I'm putting up 2000 yards this year."

Jackson puts up 1,002 yards.

There is no reason with all those people around him that you mentioned that he shouldn't be putting up 1200+ yards a year, even if he does miss 4 games. And if he says he's gonna put up 2000 yards he better at least get close.

Frank Gore doesn't have a good staff around him this year, but does that mean you're saying he did in 2006 where he put up 1695? Or last year when he put up 1,102?

I'd rank those recievers as follows:

1. Edwards

2. Colston

2. Fitz

Edwards is just explosive. Sure Derek Anderson is no all-star, but he got it done last year. I would be shocked to see anything different this year.

Colston is just plain consistent. Brees was electric the second half of last season because he finally figured out his recieving core. This yeah he's going to start off the same way. This is going to do nothing but help Colston. Even with Shockey in town.

Fitz has been consistent also, be he also has the most competition out of these wide receivers. Boldin will want the ball more this year and the QB situation in Arizona could change every week.

Greetings, JonnyDangerpants.

I had my draft last night and I am quite concerned about my WRs. Players seemed to go higher than their ADP and I am interested to know your perspective on what I can do to shore up my WR unit.

Details of the league:

* 12 team

* Keeper league, can keep up to 3, max 2 per position

* Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/RB, TE, K, DST

Points for:

PaInt - Passing Interception -20 points

PaTD - Passing TD 30 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 1 PaYd

ReTD - Receiving TD 60 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 2 points for every 1 ReYd

Recpt - Reception 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 60 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 1 RuYd

KR/PR are also very valuable as we get 1 pt per return yard and 60 points for a TD. MJD benefits from this on my team.

So, I kept Lynch, MJD and Brees. With the 11th pick out of 12 in the fourth round (when all owners had 3 players and the draft started in a serpentine format), I chose Santonio Holmes and Winslow on the first turn and DeAngelo Williams and Nate Burleson on the second turn (I am hoping Burleson returns kicks again while serving as the Seahawks' WR1).

I also picked up Berrian, Porter, Bryant Johnson, Vincent Jackson and Meacham as WRs.

Will these receivers work? I have Ray Rice and Ahmad Bradshaw and have already talked to another owner about needing these backups as he has McGahee and Jacobs. However his best WRs are Ward and Roddy White.

Thoughts?

Also, what do you hear about the Titans DST? I grabbed them late. I was banking on getting the Bills and Saints DST to rotate depending on matchups, but the Bills went in the 12th round.

Greetings, JonnyDangerpants.

I had my draft last night and I am quite concerned about my WRs. Players seemed to go higher than their ADP and I am interested to know your perspective on what I can do to shore up my WR unit.

Details of the league:

* 12 team

* Keeper league, can keep up to 3, max 2 per position

* Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/RB, TE, K, DST

Points for:

PaInt - Passing Interception -20 points

PaTD - Passing TD 30 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = 1 point for every 1 PaYd

ReTD - Receiving TD 60 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 1+ ReYd = 2 points for every 1 ReYd

Recpt - Reception 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 60 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 1+ RuYd = 2 points for every 1 RuYd

KR/PR are also very valuable as we get 1 pt per return yard and 60 points for a TD. MJD benefits from this on my team.

So, I kept Lynch, MJD and Brees. With the 11th pick out of 12 in the fourth round (when all owners had 3 players and the draft started in a serpentine format), I chose Santonio Holmes and Winslow on the first turn and DeAngelo Williams and Nate Burleson on the second turn (I am hoping Burleson returns kicks again while serving as the Seahawks' WR1).

I also picked up Berrian, Porter, Bryant Johnson, Vincent Jackson and Meacham as WRs.

Will these receivers work? I have Ray Rice and Ahmad Bradshaw and have already talked to another owner about needing these backups as he has McGahee and Jacobs. However his best WRs are Ward and Roddy White.

Thoughts?

Also, what do you hear about the Titans DST? I grabbed them late. I was banking on getting the Bills and Saints DST to rotate depending on matchups, but the Bills went in the 12th round.

Before I help you, could I just get a copy of your entire roster(Bench and all)? This will help me get a better perspective on who you could be able to trade away and receive.

Jackson says, "I'm putting up 2000 yards this year."

Jackson puts up 1,002 yards.

There is no reason with all those people around him that you mentioned that he shouldn't be putting up 1200+ yards a year, even if he does miss 4 games. And if he says he's gonna put up 2000 yards he better at least get close.

Frank Gore doesn't have a good staff around him this year, but does that mean you're saying he did in 2006 where he put up 1695? Or last year when he put up 1,102?

I'd rank those recievers as follows:

1. Edwards

2. Colston

2. Fitz

Edwards is just explosive. Sure Derek Anderson is no all-star, but he got it done last year. I would be shocked to see anything different this year.

Colston is just plain consistent. Brees was electric the second half of last season because he finally figured out his recieving core. This yeah he's going to start off the same way. This is going to do nothing but help Colston. Even with Shockey in town.

Fitz has been consistent also, be he also has the most competition out of these wide receivers. Boldin will want the ball more this year and the QB situation in Arizona could change every week.

So whats your reason for putting Gore ahead of Jackson? I dont believe you have yet given one. Could it be that last year when the 49ers were everyones sleeper pick to make a playoff run, Gore scored 6 TD's in 4 games and 0 TD's in his other 11 games and had only 100 yeards or more twice all season. Also Gore has never scored even 10 TD's in a season. Again dont get me wrong I like Gore and I think on a different team he could be a first round pick, he was amazing in 2006 when nobody knew who he was, but now that other teams know he is all the niners have they will stack the line all day to stop him. In their current situations there is absolutely no logic in drafting Gore over Jackson period. Yet for some reason you think there is.

As far as your WR rankings I can't argue how you put them as you could make a case for any order, myself I would rank them 1.Fitzgerald 2.Edwards 3.Colston... After week 10 of last season Fitgerald was amazing he was the intended reciever at least 10 times a game 11 times in 14 games while Edwards was the intended reciever at least 10 times only 7 times in 16 games, Fits also had 21 more receptions in 2 less games, Edwards is great but he wont score 16 times again this season maybe 11 or 12 while IMO Fitz does have a chance at 15 or 16 but again thats just my opinion. And the Cardinals have an easier schedule this season vs the pass than do the Browns or Saints although not much easier than the Browns. Not sure how you can say Fitz has the most competition out of the 3 he may actually have the least, sure they have Boldin but not really anyone else who will steal looks away from Fitz, Edwards has Winslow and Stallworth while Colston is gonna be sharing with many players. The one thing IMO that puts Colston in this group is I think Brees might end up being the highest scoring QB this season.

Another question, give us your 1 sleeper and 1 bust at QB, 1 sleeper and 1 bust at RB and 1 sleeper and 1 bust at WR???

Take Care

Peace...

So whats your reason for putting Gore ahead of Jackson? I dont believe you have yet given one. Could it be that last year when the 49ers were everyones sleeper pick to make a playoff run, Gore scored 6 TD's in 4 games and 0 TD's in his other 11 games and had only 100 yeards or more twice all season. Also Gore has never scored even 10 TD's in a season. Again dont get me wrong I like Gore and I think on a different team he could be a first round pick, he was amazing in 2006 when nobody knew who he was, but now that other teams know he is all the niners have they will stack the line all day to stop him. In their current situations there is absolutely no logic in drafting Gore over Jackson period. Yet for some reason you think there is.

As far as your WR rankings I can't argue how you put them as you could make a case for any order, myself I would rank them 1.Fitzgerald 2.Edwards 3.Colston... After week 10 of last season Fitgerald was amazing he was the intended reciever at least 10 times a game 11 times in 14 games while Edwards was the intended reciever at least 10 times only 7 times in 16 games, Fits also had 21 more receptions in 2 less games, Edwards is great but he wont score 16 times again this season maybe 11 or 12 while IMO Fitz does have a chance at 15 or 16 but again thats just my opinion. And the Cardinals have an easier schedule this season vs the pass than do the Browns or Saints although not much easier than the Browns. Not sure how you can say Fitz has the most competition out of the 3 he may actually have the least, sure they have Boldin but not really anyone else who will steal looks away from Fitz, Edwards has Winslow and Stallworth while Colston is gonna be sharing with many players. The one thing IMO that puts Colston in this group is I think Brees might end up being the highest scoring QB this season.

Another question, give us your 1 sleeper and 1 bust at QB, 1 sleeper and 1 bust at RB and 1 sleeper and 1 bust at WR???

Take Care

Peace...

Can't argue with your logic on the Gore, Jackson thing. I just have a feeling that Jackson will be sub-par again this season.

My number one sleeper at QB is going to be Chad Pennington. He's just about the only starter in the league who is going undrafted in almost every league and who is still on the WW. I'm concerned of course with his durability and his lack of options. But with how easily you can get a hold of him, I would definitely consider him a top sleeper. Sometimes a new home is all players need to accel.

The bust is a little harder to guess... I'm going to take a gamble here and say Carson Palmer. Johnson is banged up, Housh is banged up. Running situation is still shaky. Palmer most likely won't play up to his potential until mid-season.

At Running Back the sleeper has to be Ray Rice. Rice has just been tearing it up in the preseason, and with McGahee still not even able to jog, if he struggles week one he's gone. I think Rice is gonna be a straight up stud this year.

My bust is going to be Willis McGahee. He just can't get healthy so far this season and like I said, Ray Rice has been tearing it up. I just don't see McGahee playing well at all this year.

My WR sleeper is going to be Marvin Harrison. Most people don't want anything to do with this guy because he has shaky knees. I, however, think he'll be fine. I'm 99% positive you'll disagree with me, but when oyu have Peyton Manning throwing to you, all you have to do is be able to walk and you'll get catches.

As for my bust I'm going to have to go with Roddy White. I keep hearing people talking about him and just wondering why? This is the same guy who has dropped pass after pass for the last two years. Sure he caught 1,200 yards last season, but he only had 6 TD's. I just don't see it. Not to mention the Falcons are nothing short of terrible this season.

Okay heres my question its pretty simple...

Addai or M. Barber with the 6th pick in a 10 team league. PPR + yardage....

Thanx man

I'd take Barber. Both of these guys are great runners and great receivers out of the backfield. There's two things that set them apart.

1. Injury. Addai has a history. Barber doesn't.

2. Play time. Barber was able to put up a total of 1100 combined yards and 12 TD's last year. That's just 200 yards less than Addai and 3 fewer TD's. This year he isn't splitting the load anymore so those numbers are sure so improve.

Before I help you, could I just get a copy of your entire roster(Bench and all)? This will help me get a better perspective on who you could be able to trade away and receive.

Here you go. My original inquiry was a post not that far before this. Thanks!

-2GQ

QB-D Brees, J Delhomme

RB-D Williams, M Lynch, M Jones-Drew, A Bradshaw , J Hester , R Rice

WR-B Berrian, N Burleson, S Holmes, Bryant Johnson, J Porter, R Meachem, V Jackson

TE-K Winslow, Mercedes Lewis

K-N Rackers

DST-Titans, 49ers

In case I forgot to mention, we start QB, RB, RB, WR/RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST and kick return yards are worth a point a piece so if MJD and Burleson run back kicks, this adds to their score as a positional player.

Can't argue with your logic on the Gore, Jackson thing. I just have a feeling that Jackson will be sub-par again this season.

My number one sleeper at QB is going to be Chad Pennington. He's just about the only starter in the league who is going undrafted in almost every league and who is still on the WW. I'm concerned of course with his durability and his lack of options. But with how easily you can get a hold of him, I would definitely consider him a top sleeper. Sometimes a new home is all players need to accel.

The bust is a little harder to guess... I'm going to take a gamble here and say Carson Palmer. Johnson is banged up, Housh is banged up. Running situation is still shaky. Palmer most likely won't play up to his potential until mid-season.

At Running Back the sleeper has to be Ray Rice. Rice has just been tearing it up in the preseason, and with McGahee still not even able to jog, if he struggles week one he's gone. I think Rice is gonna be a straight up stud this year.

My bust is going to be Willis McGahee. He just can't get healthy so far this season and like I said, Ray Rice has been tearing it up. I just don't see McGahee playing well at all this year.

My WR sleeper is going to be Marvin Harrison. Most people don't want anything to do with this guy because he has shaky knees. I, however, think he'll be fine. I'm 99% positive you'll disagree with me, but when oyu have Peyton Manning throwing to you, all you have to do is be able to walk and you'll get catches.

As for my bust I'm going to have to go with Roddy White. I keep hearing people talking about him and just wondering why? This is the same guy who has dropped pass after pass for the last two years. Sure he caught 1,200 yards last season, but he only had 6 TD's. I just don't see it. Not to mention the Falcons are nothing short of terrible this season.

This is probably the best post i've read from you so far, I really can't argue against anyone you mentioned as far as sleeper or bust. Now my opinions....

While Pennington is a very accurate QB I just dont think he has enough weapons to have a very good year in miami, I think my sleeper would be Kurt Warner if he can be a sleeper that is, being I think he could finish top 5 in TD passes if everyone stays healthy.

I do agree with Carson Palmer being a possible bust, its hard for me to mention just one as I think Matt Schaub could be a huge bust in houston, I also think David Gerrard could be a bust. I think i'll go with Gerrard being if the old fragile fred taylor shows up jax will have a hard time scoring and I just dont like the WR's in jax.

Sleeper at RB, Ray Rice is a very good pick I would also add Rashard Mendenhall as I believe he will get most of the carries inside the 10 for a steelers team that could score alot this year. And dont overlook Chris Perry, the Bengals will score and Perry could put up the same numbers Rudi Johnson did for a few seasons before last year.

My bust as you may have figured out by now is Frank Gore in a ppr league he could be ok but if not I just dont see J.T O'sullivan scaring anyone throwing the ball thus he will face many 8 and 9 man fronts.

As for WR i'm glad you said 99% because I would never bet against Marvin Harrison, I dont think he will return to the days of 1,400 yards and 15 TD's but 1,000 yards and 9 TD's wouldnt surprise me. I would also add Nate Burleson as Hasselbeck will have to throw to someone.

Bust is a tough one for WR's I dont think White will be but I wont argue he could be, he had a pretty good season last year with scrubs throwing him the ball but who knows, I think I would have to go with Bernard Berrian, the Vikings brought him in to be the guy that stretches the field for AD but he really has never been "the guy" and he dont have the greatest hands but most of all I just dont trust Tarvaris Jackson.

Question, Maurice Jones-Drew or Reggie Bush? Why???

Take care

Peace...

Here you go. My original inquiry was a post not that far before this. Thanks!

-2GQ

QB-D Brees, J Delhomme

RB-D Williams, M Lynch, M Jones-Drew, A Bradshaw , J Hester , R Rice

WR-B Berrian, N Burleson, S Holmes, Bryant Johnson, J Porter, R Meachem, V Jackson

TE-K Winslow, Mercedes Lewis

K-N Rackers

DST-Titans, 49ers

In case I forgot to mention, we start QB, RB, RB, WR/RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST and kick return yards are worth a point a piece so if MJD and Burleson run back kicks, this adds to their score as a positional player.

Alright, with 2 PPR in your league you're REALLY going to need someone who is going to get a lot of catches.

I currently think that you have a very good WR core. But I'd try to get someone to replace Berrian and try to add some depth at that spot.

Here are the players I'd suggest trying to trade:

Bradshaw

Hester

Berrian

Johnson

Jackson

Here's some low-key players I'd try to get a hold of:

DeSean Jackson (this would be a risk, though)

Amani Toomer (59 catches last year)

Santana Moss (61 catches last year)

Ike Hilliard (62 catches)

Dwayne Bowe (70 catches)

Shaun McDonald (79 catches)

A couple of those might even be available on WW. With Berrian in the mix you might even be able to get someone much better than those I listed avbove (especially if you trade him to a vikings fan)

This is probably the best post i've read from you so far, I really can't argue against anyone you mentioned as far as sleeper or bust. Now my opinions....

While Pennington is a very accurate QB I just dont think he has enough weapons to have a very good year in miami, I think my sleeper would be Kurt Warner if he can be a sleeper that is, being I think he could finish top 5 in TD passes if everyone stays healthy.

I do agree with Carson Palmer being a possible bust, its hard for me to mention just one as I think Matt Schaub could be a huge bust in houston, I also think David Gerrard could be a bust. I think i'll go with Gerrard being if the old fragile fred taylor shows up jax will have a hard time scoring and I just dont like the WR's in jax.

Sleeper at RB, Ray Rice is a very good pick I would also add Rashard Mendenhall as I believe he will get most of the carries inside the 10 for a steelers team that could score alot this year. And dont overlook Chris Perry, the Bengals will score and Perry could put up the same numbers Rudi Johnson did for a few seasons before last year.

My bust as you may have figured out by now is Frank Gore in a ppr league he could be ok but if not I just dont see J.T O'sullivan scaring anyone throwing the ball thus he will face many 8 and 9 man fronts.

As for WR i'm glad you said 99% because I would never bet against Marvin Harrison, I dont think he will return to the days of 1,400 yards and 15 TD's but 1,000 yards and 9 TD's wouldnt surprise me. I would also add Nate Burleson as Hasselbeck will have to throw to someone.

Bust is a tough one for WR's I dont think White will be but I wont argue he could be, he had a pretty good season last year with scrubs throwing him the ball but who knows, I think I would have to go with Bernard Berrian, the Vikings brought him in to be the guy that stretches the field for AD but he really has never been "the guy" and he dont have the greatest hands but most of all I just dont trust Tarvaris Jackson.

Question, Maurice Jones-Drew or Reggie Bush? Why???

Take care

Peace...

I have the same concerns with Pennington.

As for Gerrard I don't even consider him good enough to have a chance to be a bust... He's already busted in my mind...

I also agree completely with what you said about Berrian.

This is probably the hardest question you've asked me...

Ever since Bush's senior year in college I knew he wouldn't nearly live up to his NFL hype. I rulesd him as a bust before draft day. Now I'll admit I think he will have a better NFL career now than I did then, but I still don't think he'll ever be "the next *insert great NFL rusher*" like people would say he was.

Now with Jones-Drew it's been the exact opposite. Since his rookie season I've always thought he was a great back. I don't think he'll ever be anything too great (he might make the hall of fame, but I doubt it), but he'll be a consistently good back.

That said, I'd have to take Drew. Statistically speaking I'd say it's because he has more TD's. But to be honest, it's really just because I like him more.

Who do you think will win the 2008 US Election, and why?

McCain because his running mate is a potential VPILF.... >_>

Not really though, Obama will win because people enjoy having a healthy economy.

I know you weren't that impressed with my last draft. Let me know what you think of this one, especially considering I'm the reason you started this topic. J/K. (12 team, Standard Scoring)

QB Tony Romo, Dal

RB Brian Westbrook, Phi

RB Larry Johnson, KC

WR Chad Johnson, Cin

WR Patrick Crayton, Dal WR

WR Reggie Brown, Phi WR

TE Antonio Gates, SD

D/ST Chargers D/ST, SD D/ST

K Robbie Gould, Chi K

BE Fred Taylor, Jac RB

BE Marc Bulger, StL QB

BE Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB

BE Antwaan Randle El, Was WR

BE Josh Morgan, SF WR

BE Deuce McAllister, NO RB

BE Amani Toomer, NYG WR

I know you weren't that impressed with my last draft. Let me know what you think of this one, especially considering I'm the reason you started this topic. J/K. (12 team, Standard Scoring)

QB Tony Romo, Dal

RB Brian Westbrook, Phi

RB Larry Johnson, KC

WR Chad Johnson, Cin

WR Patrick Crayton, Dal WR

WR Reggie Brown, Phi WR

TE Antonio Gates, SD

D/ST Chargers D/ST, SD D/ST

K Robbie Gould, Chi K

BE Fred Taylor, Jac RB

BE Marc Bulger, StL QB

BE Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB

BE Antwaan Randle El, Was WR

BE Josh Morgan, SF WR

BE Deuce McAllister, NO RB

BE Amani Toomer, NYG WR

I love this team. RB's are very strong, and I am a huge Romo fan(he's saved my fantasy teams more than once). WR's have a starling lack of depth, though. Not to mention I don't trust Reggie Brown this season. RB's have a slight lack of depth too, but nothing to be toooooo terribly concerned with...

Overall I'm going to give this team an 8/10.

Just joined a 10-team league that is TD only and awards 6 points for any sort of TD on offense and defense (passing, rushing, receiving). This is the only way to score points.......no points for yardage, PPR or anything like that.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR,1TE,1K, 1DST

So here is who I drafted picking from the 4 spot:

QB-Garrard, Schaub

RB-Marion Barber III, Lynch, Michael Turner, De'Angelo Williams, J. Norwood, Maurice Morris

WR-Andre Johnson, Torry Holt, Roy Williams, Dwayne Bowe, Ted Ginn Jr.

TE-Witten, Vernon Davis

K-Shayne Graham

DST-Chargers

I feel good about the team. A few questions I had:

1. What do you all think about my team?

2. My concern is drafting a QB so late. QBs flew off the board and I saw value in other places after the big 4 were gone. I thought I was set up to grab Cutler in the 9th round, but he was snagged right before my pick. I tried to trade picks for McNabb, Favre or Delhomme but no one bit.

One of the owners mentioned after the draft that he'd trade Eli manning for a RB, but I'm not sure he would be any better than Garrard or Schaub in this scoring format. What do you all think?

3. Would it be best to look for some potential TD vultures like Tim Hightower or Greg Jones on the waiver wire and stash them? If so, who should I drop?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Just joined a 10-team league that is TD only and awards 6 points for any sort of TD on offense and defense (passing, rushing, receiving). This is the only way to score points.......no points for yardage, PPR or anything like that.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR,1TE,1K, 1DST

So here is who I drafted picking from the 4 spot:

QB-Garrard, Schaub

RB-Marion Barber III, Lynch, Michael Turner, De'Angelo Williams, J. Norwood, Maurice Morris

WR-Andre Johnson, Torry Holt, Roy Williams, Dwayne Bowe, Ted Ginn Jr.

TE-Witten, Vernon Davis

K-Shayne Graham

DST-Chargers

I feel good about the team. A few questions I had:

1. What do you all think about my team?

2. My concern is drafting a QB so late. QBs flew off the board and I saw value in other places after the big 4 were gone. I thought I was set up to grab Cutler in the 9th round, but he was snagged right before my pick. I tried to trade picks for McNabb, Favre or Delhomme but no one bit.

One of the owners mentioned after the draft that he'd trade Eli manning for a RB, but I'm not sure he would be any better than Garrard or Schaub in this scoring format. What do you all think?

3. Would it be best to look for some potential TD vultures like Tim Hightower or Greg Jones on the waiver wire and stash them? If so, who should I drop?

Thanks in advance for your input.

1. This is another great team. I'd probably give it a 9/10.

2. I wouldn't really fret over your QB's. Shaub should be throwning AT LEAST 1 TD a game. I'd start him over Gerrard.

You'll probably be outscored at QB, but with the depth you have at the RB position as well as the WR position I wouldn't really worry about it.

3. I'd definitely look into Tim Hightower. I don't think Mo Morris will be doing much of anything this year, so I'd drop him if I drop anyone.

Dear Jonny Danger,

My wife has been coming home later than usual. She's smells like 15 different perfumes and has traces of glitter on her face and chest areas.

When I confront her, she gets snippy and says things like 'you're stupid' or 'step off.' What should I do? trail her? off her?

Thanks

JonnyDangerPants,

Please rank these players based on your prediction of their week 1 performance (standard ESPN scoring):

Selvin Young vs. OAK

Kevin Smith vs. ATL

Marques Colston vs. TB

Calvin Johnson vs. ATL

Braylon Edwards vs. DAL

Maurice Jones-Drew vs. TEN

Thanks.

Dear Jonny Danger,

My wife has been coming home later than usual. She's smells like 15 different perfumes and has traces of glitter on her face and chest areas.

When I confront her, she gets snippy and says things like 'you're stupid' or 'step off.' What should I do? trail her? off her?

Thanks

Try to love her in ways that she is never been loved before.

For ideas, listen to this song:

JonnyDangerPants,

Please rank these players based on your prediction of their week 1 performance (standard ESPN scoring):

Selvin Young vs. OAK

Kevin Smith vs. ATL

Marques Colston vs. TB

Calvin Johnson vs. ATL

Braylon Edwards vs. DAL

Maurice Jones-Drew vs. TEN

Thanks.

1. Calvin Johnson - Against Atlanta he's bout to put up big numbers and score at least 1 TD

2. Braylon Edwards - Consistently amazing

3. Selvin Young - This might shock you, but You averages 7.1 yards per carry against Oakland. In Denver's run heavy offense he's bound to run for at least 100 and a TD.

4. Marques Colston - Another consistent scorer

5. Jones-Drew - Tennessee is usually one of the better run stoppers in the league.

6. Smith - I just don't see him doing much

I guess I'll bump this..

Standard scoring do you like Farve agianst Miami or Rivers against Carolina.

I drafted Rivers as my starter, but i can't stop thinking about Farve wanting to make a statement and just lighting Miam up.

Thanks

Hey Jonny, what do you think of my team? 12 team league, standard scoring... TE count as WR in this league.

Can play:

QB, 2RB, 3WR, K, DEF

OR

QB, RB, 4WR, K, DEF

QB - D. Anderson, M. Bulger

RB - Addai, J. Lewis, F. Taylor, A. Green, M. Morris, B. Jackson

WR - Housh, C. Chambers, J. Galloway, A. Gonzalez + TE D. Clark

K - Kaeding

DEF - Giants (was better before Umenyiora got hurt)

What say you?

Standard scoring do you like Farve agianst Miami or Rivers against Carolina.

I drafted Rivers as my starter, but i can't stop thinking about Farve wanting to make a statement and just lighting Miam up.

Thanks

I'll just answer this by saying: Miami is terrible.

Hey Jonny, what do you think of my team? 12 team league, standard scoring... TE count as WR in this league.

Can play:

QB, 2RB, 3WR, K, DEF

OR

QB, RB, 4WR, K, DEF

QB - D. Anderson, M. Bulger

RB - Addai, J. Lewis, F. Taylor, A. Green, M. Morris, B. Jackson

WR - Housh, C. Chambers, J. Galloway, A. Gonzalez + TE D. Clark

K - Kaeding

DEF - Giants (was better before Umenyiora got hurt)

What say you?

8/10

I'd say 9... But Galloway is injury prone and Gonzalez hasn't proved himself yet.

A question for you: Can you even use Dallas Clark?

JonnyDangerpants,

What do you think of my team?

Scoring

ppr

1 pt/15 yards passing

6 pts/ passing/rusing/receiving td

1 pt/ 10 yards rusing/receiving

Start

1 QB

1 RB

1 WR

3 Flex

1 D

1 K

QB

McNabb

Hasselback

RB

LT

Maroney

C. Taylor

Rudi

WR

Colston

A. Johnson

S. Holmes

D. Mason

B. Engram

TE

Winslow

Crumpler

D

Giants

Broncos

K

Rackers

Trying to decide between one of the following 4:

Harrison vs Bears

Forte vs Indy

F Taylor vs Tenn

Morris vs Buff

Hi Jonny! I need help with my flex position and 2nd RB position.

Choices are:

Burleson @ Buff

Chambers v. Carolina

Chris Perry @ Balt

Edge @ SF

Right now I have Perry in as my 2nd RB & Burleson in at flex. What do you think?