Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

I blew it!

groovy/typhus,

i agree, upside potential is a big factor in making selections. i was at texans training camp this yr, made several posts about the progress of johnson/schaub/walter in the pass game. i agree, he is a physical specimen with great potential. hell, my fav player, moss, mentioned johnson when asked about his current top5 wrs. sure, there are differences in the qb position, but it has yet to translate onto the field. based on your analysis of johnson's 800-8 in 8 games [which i did mention], are you placing jake delhomme at the top of your qb ranks based on his 600-8 in only 3 games? it certainly translates into 3200/40+ over a season? i am sure you are not, due to circumstance [injury, etc]. in the end, potential is still abstract; the only concrete is that johnson and his qb have yet to translate that into a full season of production.

by that argument, this poster cannot be questioned for selecting a player with comparable potential/upside. mcfadden is just as much a physical specimen at his position, with the same home run ability. he has abstract potential that has yet to translate into a full nfl season of production.

Way different injury. Andre played at the end of last year and didn't have Tommy John surgery that directly effects every play Delhomme is in. I don't think those two scenarios are relevant in my opinion. Schaub and Johnson saw the field after their injuries last year.

McFadden may be the next AP, but I still think it's a big reach to pass on AJ for an unproven rookie. There are very few WRs who can face double coverage in almost every game and still dominate….AJ did that. He is arguably the most talented WR in football. What’s done is done though and there are no guarantees either way…good luck.

McFadden may be the next AP, but I still think it's a big reach to pass on AJ for an unproven rookie. There are very few WRs who can face double coverage in almost every game and still dominate….AJ did that. He is arguably the most talented WR in football. What's done is done though and there are no guarantees either way…good luck.

I think it was closer to a leap.