Hurricane Ditka

***Official Week 2 College Football Gambling Thread***

Is there a gambling site that is legit?

Pays timely and has good lines?

I would like to hear good and bad

No Help

I use to use bodog or olypic

who would you guys use?

Glad to read this thread again as I took advantage of some of the bets last week to help get my payroll started. It was pretty profitable for most people and I'm ready to help keep this rolling.

As for tonight, I'm going with a teaser bet of Vandy +16 and the Under at 47.5 for 2 units. Last year Vandy went to SC and beat them 17-6. SC is looking for payback but home underdogs are tough to beat. Vandy was impressive at Miami of OH and has a lot of confidence. SC will not take Vandy lightly this time and should prevail in close but low scoring affair.

As for this weekend, the plays that jump out to me:

WV at - 7.5 (I'm on board with this like everyone but will figure out how much to go)

Penn St -16.5 (Oregon St was just outplayed by Stanford who is a bottom tier Pac-10 team)

Penn St/Oregon State Over 46 (Oregon St defense was bad but they have a decent offense, PSU put up 66 last week)

Norte Dame -21.5 (SDSU lost to a non Div I opponent last week, it doesn't make sense to pick SDSU here)

Georgia/CMU over 56.5 (Both teams are strong offensively)

Toledo/AZ over 59 (Toledo has always had a good O, one of the worst defenses last year giving up almost 40/game, AZ put up 70 points last week!)

OK I need serious help

I just teased SC down to a bad # of -3.5 and took the under 47

:thumbsup:

I like Miami +21.5 @ FLA. I think, although quite young, the canes have the athletes particularly in the backfield to put some numbers up. Robert Marve makes his debut, and its an old rivalry renewed, so I'm thinking closer than 3 TDs. Fla pulls it off late 34-24.

Finally getting a chance to study up on this week's slate.

My leans with comments on the five I like the most:

Notre Dame -21 or less...I will take ND big this week at 3TDs or less. SD State got 27 yards on the ground against Cal Poly!!! This has blowout written all over it.

Ohio +34 No Beanie Wells and Tressel won't want to show USC anything. OSU could cover this spread if they tried, but I look for no one important to be in this game in the second half for the Buckeyes. I think this ends up about a 24 point win for OSU vs. an Ohio team that will be able to pass a little on the Buckeyes.

Michigan -14.5 I was on Utah last week, but I saw a Miami Oh team that had little speed in the secondary in their first game. Michigan WRs should be open and I look for Grady (suspended last week) to get loose on the ground. Michigan should be angry too.

Cal -13..Washington State should be faded until further notice.

NW -6 Duke beat them last year so I think NW will be motivated and should throw all over Duke. No home field edge either.

Ok State -15

GaTech +7

Miami Fl +23

Texas Tech -10

Wyoming -3

A&M -2

WVU -9

Stanford +14

Az/Toledo OVER 59

I am not so sure Cal Poly couldn't give Notre Dame a good game. My opinion is until I see Notre Dame actually pound on someone, I am on the opposite side no matter the opponent. Just my opinion, which is very low on the Irish.

Record 12-9

My picks for this week, all for 1 unit.

South Carolina -9.5 LOSE

Ball State -7 WIN

Auburn -17.5 LOSE

Oklahoma -21.5 WIN

Florida -23 PUSH

San Diego St +21.5 WIN

Texas -26 WIN

Duke +6 WIN

Georgia Tech +6.5 WIN

East Carolina +7.5 WIN

Wake Forest -7.5 LOSE

Washington +9 WIN

Penn State -15 WIN

I expect alot of the top teams to look to win by a big number this week as it was obvious the voters took into account the lopsided wins last week.

I found a book to that will take some real money, so I will post my action.

NCAA YTD

1-0 +0.0 units

I'm still not real sure how this year is going to play out. However, if yesterday is any indication, there are going to be a lot of upsets again this year. My gut tells me that whenever you can get points, you should take them.

Cincinatti +21.5

Buffalo +13.5 for 3 units

Iowa State -7 for 2 units

Cal -13.5 for 1 unit

The Iowa State bet is more of a fade against Kent than any real feeling for the Cyclones. Good luck all!

Since you know who isn't taking my challenge, I'll sporadically post a few plays.

NCAA YTD: 4-0; +12 units

CFL: YTD: 0-1; -2.2 units

Friday

Edmonton (-4) for 3 units LOSER

Calgary started fast, but is fading now, right on schedule. Henry Burris, QB, got a foot injury last week, and he will try to play this week with a limp. Burris is a mobile QB, so this really limits his ability to move Calgary's offense. Edmonton is 4-0 at home, and in 2nd place in their division. Since this is a team that made the playoffs 32 straight years, the last two playoffless seasons really shook up this franchise. They seem to be back, and I expect them to continue their good play. I am ignoring the revenge factor, as Edmonton blew out Calgary last week on the road in this back to back matchup.

Good luck to all.

Do you have a link to listen to or watch the game Philly?

Game starts at 9:00 EST I think. I'll definitely find something, in a few minutes.

Edit: Link to watch game

I was expecting a better effort. 14-14 at the half. Edmonton seems to have steadied itself in the 2nd quarter. Hoping they cash the ticket.

-3 2nd half?

I would, but I already but a decent sized bet on the game.

NCAA YTD: 1-0, +2 Units

NFL YTD: 0-0, 0 units

4.8 to win 4 units (3 Team Teaser)

Georgia Tech +16.5

West Virginia +2.5

Penn St -5

3 Units

WV -7.5

Oregon -20 1H

2 Units

Penn St -15

Georgia Tech +6.5

Washington +9

1 Unit

Penn St/OSU over 46.5

Penn St/OSU over 23.5 1H

Georgia/CMU over 56.5

Notre Dame/SDSU over 43

California -13.5

Georgia Tech +3.5 1H

West Virgina -4.5 1H

Arizona St/Stanford Over 52.5

NFL

2 units

Dallas 5.5

1 unit

Cincy -2

Good luck to everyone

Does anyone still post Dr. Bob picks?

he had 2 star plays on minnesota and florida this week

everything else was just opinions/leans.

the line values are pretty much gone now though.

Tonight: Ball St over 59 1/2 for 2 units

LOSER! This had to be one of the worst games I've lost in a LONG time. Navy has 3 FG's in the 1 quarter, 2 turnovers on the goal line. Both teams with 1 fu<king punt the entire game and it cant get over 59... no... lands on 58! :shocking:

NCAA YTD: 4-0;+12.0 units

CFL YTD: 0-2; -5.5 units

Saturday, for 3 units

Temple (+6.5) WINNER

Mississippi (+7.5) WINNER

Minnesota (+5) WINNER

Florida (-23) PUSH

Adding: Utah (-21.5) LOSER

Adding: Nevada (+10) LOSER

Adding: Arizona (-24) WINNER

Adding: Arizona St (-14.5) WINNER

Adding: Arizona St 2nd H (-7) WINNER

British Columbia (-3.5) WINNER

8-10 YTD

BG -4 LOSER

Ga Tech +7 WINNER

Ohio U +34 WINNER

Cal -13.5 WINNER

NW -6 LOSER

Ok State -15 WINNER

Texas Tech -10 WINNER

Wyoming -3 LOSER

N Dame -22 LOSER

Ga/C Mich OVER WINNER

Ariz/Toledo OVER LOSER

Lean on Miami Fl

gl to all

Record 12-9

My picks for this week, all for 1 unit.

South Carolina -9.5 LOSE

Ball State -7 WIN

Auburn -17.5

Oklahoma -21.5

Florida -23

San Diego St +21.5

Texas -26

Duke +6

Georgia Tech +6.5

East Carolina +7.5

Wake Forest -7.5

Washington +9

Penn State -15

I expect alot of the top teams to look to win by a big number this week as it was obvious the voters took into account the lopsided wins last week.

Good luck today guys. Looks like alot of rain in the forecast.

I found a book to that will take some real money, so I will post my action.

NCAA YTD

1-0 +0.0 units

I'm still not real sure how this year is going to play out. However, if yesterday is any indication, there are going to be a lot of upsets again this year. My gut tells me that whenever you can get points, you should take them.

My picks this week...

Cincinatti +21.5 - loser

Buffalo +13.5 for 3 units

Iowa State -7 for 2 units

Cal -13.5 for 1 unit

The Iowa State bet is more of a fade against Kent than any real feeling for the Cyclones. Good luck all!

Adding:

Temple +6 - winner

Good luck all!

5-4 YTD

1 UNIT WEST VIRGINIA -7.5

2 UNITS PENN/OREGON ST OVER 47

1 UNIT IOWA ST -7

1 UNIT UCONN -6.5

1 UNIT WF/OL MISS UNDER 45.5

For anyone with an interest in Temple/UConn, UConn has two turnovers in the redzone, including a fumble on the goal line, and two missed FG attemtps. Temple clinging to a 3-0 lead in the late stages of the 1st H.

Edit: Just became 6-0.

Added a couple of games to my initial card.

Given Tex Tech's road woes and Nevada's strong home field record, I am taking a shot with a home dog that has almost as explosive offense, especially with the altitude problems TxTech will have to deal with. The WAC is an underrated conference, and Nevada is a contender for the conference title. I like the double digits points in a shootout.

Utah should not have a let down this week, playing with major revenge vs UNLV, who beat them 27-0 in a shocking final score last year. UNLV players and coaches talked a lot of sh!t after that game, talking about how Utah played scared against them. Utah has the superior offense and defense, and if they don't settle for FG, will kill this team.

Oh man does Notre Dame suck!!!!!

I was scared to bet on such a horrible team like San Diego St., but I guess that was the play, LOL. I put my money on West Virginia -7 and so far they aren't looking all that great. Maybe ECU is the real deal?