Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Valuing Addai, Gore, Portis, Barber and Moss

How would you guys rank them? I pick at #7 and have a feeling i'll have to make a decision between a combo of those 5 players.

I am in the same spot. If Addai is available I am picking him but I dont think he will be there. I don't trust Gore with the SF offense. I like Moss but don't want to get stuck without a top tier RB. I am thinking my pick will come down to Barber or Portis and I am having a hard time deciding.

I am in the same spot. If Addai is available I am picking him but I dont think he will be there. I don't trust Gore with the SF offense. I like Moss but don't want to get stuck without a top tier RB. I am thinking my pick will come down to Barber or Portis and I am having a hard time deciding.

it's a tough decision to make... you take moss you'll be left with a RB corp with the likes of LJ, t. Jones, Brandon Jacobs... and you'll be less flexible... you draft a WR first you pretty much have to take 2 RBs in the next 3 rounds...

I was in the same situation in the 8th spot... in a 12 man... so obviously addai wasn't there... gore and barber weren't either... so i pretty much had to take moss...

if Barber is still there i wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger... it's hard to find a guy who is the man AND will get goalline carries...

EDIT... i lied... i picked 9th

it went

ROUND 1

1 LaDainian Tomlinson

2 Adrian Peterson

3 Brian Westbrook

4 Joseph Addai

5 Steven Jackson

6 Frank Gore

7 Clinton Portis

8 Marion Barber

9 Randy Moss

i was tempted to take brady... but we have a flex position that can start RB/WR ( could explain why all RBs taken in top 8)

at the 7 i'd skip on gore and portis and go for barber... have you seen if you can trade draft picks with anyone?

it's a tough decision to make... you take moss you'll be left with a RB corp with the likes of LJ, t. Jones, Brandon Jacobs... and you'll be less flexible... you draft a WR first you pretty much have to take 2 RBs in the next 3 rounds...

I was in the same situation in the 8th spot... in a 12 man... so obviously addai wasn't there... gore and barber weren't either... so i pretty much had to take moss...

if Barber is still there i wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger... it's hard to find a guy who is the man AND will get goalline carries...

Well thought out & articulated post right there my friends :dunno:

Well thought out & articulated post right there my friends :dunno:

Good advice regarding Barber. I was leaning toward Portis only because I hate the Cowboys but I might just have to hold my nose and select Barber.

its going to totally depend on your draft. in my 12 team $$$ league, gore went #11. I almost got wood waiting for him to slip to me @ 12. I'm happy with portis and LJ though :dunno:

I had this exact dilemma and I went with Barber.

I'd rank em like this:

Addai

Barber

Portis

Gore

Moss