Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Palin speech tonight at 9pm CST...

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here colts and think that had this been the other way around, i would've tried to put the same spin on it. So the questions i'm posing to you are keeping in mind i probably would've said the same thing you did had i been trying to defend a democrat.

If she was so against earmarks and unnecessary government spending, why would she approve of it in the first place? Shouldn't she had said something like, hey this is a great thing we're doing, but we can definitely do it cheaper. Also, if she was in favor of building the bridge, but felt the government was wasting money and they could do it cheaper, how come she never started with new plans on the bridge?

That was just a guess on my part as to why. I have looked, but haven't found out all the details on this yet. I would guess it seemed like a good idea to begin with, a bridge would be better than a fairy. It just wasn't cost effective when you consider how many were going to use it etc...

To me, I think it is greta that she stopped it. She took a chance that it would look bad on her, as some are demonstrating in this thread. While at the same time, she realized it would be a mistake, a costly one at that, and scrapped it even though she knew damn well some would use it against her. In other words, in the end, she did the right thing by scrapping it no matter the political consequences. Who is that a bad thing???

umm...you know shes the governor up here right? ;)

I highly doubt he does. That hasn't been delivered in the talking points memo he gets from the radical libs each day.

Sorry colts, i just don't buy it. If she had changed her position earlier, then greta. But she didn't change her mind until the state had to put more money into it.

Sorry colts, i just don't buy it. If she had changed her position earlier, then greta. But she didn't change her mind until the state had to put more money into it.

We can't agree on everything. :doh: