Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

Larry Johnson v. Lawrence Maroney

I'm leaning toward Maroney because a) it's the Chiefs at New England (tough D) and :cheers: Kevin Faulk is out, which could mean more involvement by Maroney on third down. Anyone agree/disagree? Link me to yours and I'll answer. TIA

Thanks for answering mine. I'm going to go against the majority and say LJ. Maroney finished around the 35th best RB in my leagues last year. Until I actually see that NE plans to run more, I'd keep him on the bench. Before last year when he got injured, LJ was a top 3 RB 3 years in a row I believe. I know his line isn;t the greatest, but it should be good enough nad NE's D has issues. I'd play LJ over Maroney every time until it is proved differently on the field.

While I think Maroney is going to end up being the better RB this year, I'd go with LJ for this match up...I don't think either RB is going to have a monster day, but I think LJ will have the slight edge...the Pat's run defense won't be as good as the Chiefs, IMO...but really, it's a toss up

LJ gets 73 yards/ 22 attempts/ 1 TD

Maroney gets 56 yards/12 attempts/ 1 TD(maybe? lol)

I think the final sta line will look a bit like that

I'd go with Maroney. LJ doesn't have "unbenchable" status like LT2. Patriots should win this one and the further the game proceeds, Pats will be running the ball to keep ball control and KC will be forced to throw more and more. Neither one is a great option but it should be educational to see where these two guys are at this year.

Thanks for answering mine ... I'm with the consensus - Maroney as he should get more goaline opportunities than LJ against a tough matchup.

I'll go with LJ. Not a big fan of either (this week), however. That 22/73/td is probably a good guess. I wouldn't start Maroney until the Pats show any kind of willingness to try to run the ball.

I'll go with LJ. Not a big fan of either (this week), however. That 22/73/td is probably a good guess. I wouldn't start Maroney until the Pats show any kind of willingness to try to run the ball.

Here's a stat I just found: Maroney averaged 81 yds and 1 TD per game last 4 games of last season.

Hmm...not making it any easier on me.

i think NE runs because they don't have to pass and KC not going to put upt th points... as for who gets the TDS for the PAts in rushing ... hmmm

I'd play LJ myself, and I'm a Pats Homer.

Pats have MANY more options, including Sammy Morris AND Lamont Jordan on the ground.

Who knows what is going to happen for certain, but if I HAD to pick between those 2, it would be LJ.

I actually have LJ going tomorrow, and I don't have Maroney on my team in 3 leagues.

I'g go with LJ. Maroney will be splitting carries with way too many people and its not even anything close to a guarantee for getting goal line carries. You know the cheifs are gonna go early and often to LJ for obvious reasons. Plus, yea the patriots are good, but people are making their D sound like some mythical dominating all teams. Yea, they're good, especially going up against an unimaginative coach with a young and inexperienced QB, but LJ is pretty much their only option.

:nono: I went with Maroney at the very last minute...though neither one of them was worth a sh!t.

Thanks to all who responded.