Sign in to follow this  
killersquids

Team Management Question

I need to drop one player to pick up a free agent. I can't decide between dropping Fargas or Josh Morgan. I've got 7 RBs on my roster (only two clear cut starters), and only 5 WRs. My top 4 WRs are solid, but we start 3 each week.

If I drop Morgan, I will only have 4 WRs. It's a PPR league, so if he can earn a starting role somehow, he could be a solid bye week fill-in.

Fargas clearly has some value and I don't want to just drop him and have another owner (McFadden owner) scoop him up.

Bottom line: who would you drop and why?

Leave a link, I'll answer yours....

I would drop Morgan....he isn't starting...Fargus has value and if nothing else might land you something in a trade down the road....Fargus could also see the majority of snaps in the backfield then suddenly has quite a bit of value. There has to be WR's on the waiver wire comparable to Morgan if you happen to need one down the road. Right now Morgan has little if any value....and while his role may increase if there is an injury...you can say the same excact thing about every other WR on the wire....if you need to pick someone up & Fargus/Morgan are the only to options to drop....drop Morgan...easily.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=322046

Kind of depends on who you are picking up but I would drop Morgan also. His value is low now and with the 9ers O is could be questionable what his value is. I would hang onto Fargas.

Kind of depends on who you are picking up but I would drop Morgan also. His value is low now and with the 9ers O is could be questionable what his value is. I would hang onto Fargas.

Thanks for answering mine

Drop Josh Morgan. WRs of that potential are a penny a dozen. Don't drop Fargas right now...way too early. Several other teams have #2's at WR that you can pick up later that probably aren't even drafted by people in your league (ie. derek hagan, courtney taylor)

Drop Josh Morgan. WRs of that potential are a penny a dozen.

That's it. :doublethumbsup: :banana: Do this.

I was in a similar situation this morning. I drafted Josh Morgan in the last round of my draft hoping he could be the next Colston this year. The problem is I did not draft a DEF, so I had to drop someone to pick up a DEF this week. I was deciding between Morgan and Pierre THomas, but the end decided to keep THomas.

The bottom line is Morgan is still a rookie, unproven and is currently behind Bryant Johnson, Battle, and co on the SF depth chart.

So, I would drop Morgan if I were you. If your league is not real deep, Morgan will still be there a few weeks into the season after you have seen something out of Fargas/McFadden backfield in OAK.

Please choose 2 WRs for me.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=322112

everyone is saying drop morgan and keep Fargas, but you said you have 7 RBs and only 5 WRs.

if you drop fargas, who are you left with? and if you drop morgan, who are you left with?

for SF WRs, there should be 1-3 of them that are decent enough for bye week fill ins. Usually the slot WR is good for martz, esp in PPR when you can get 5-7 catches. I would think this will be either Josh Morgan or Arnaz Battle. Bryant johnson played the slot in Arizona, but he figures to be the WR1 for SF... MAYBE. this is all so speculative, because we haven't seen even one guy for SF. If it turns out to be morgan, he should be a solid bye week, and you weren't even going to to use fargas for that...

if you drop fargas you'll still have RB depth.

post more info and i'll respond further.

here's my Question.

For my ten team league, I have the following requirements: 2 RB, 3 WR, flex.

I've got Steven Jackson and MJD for RB1 and 2. For WR i have TO, Santonio Holmes, and Ocho Cinco.

for the flex spot my options are:

Deangelo Williams @SD

Selvin Young @Oakland

Chris Johnson vs. Jax

Vincent Jackson vs. Carolina

The scoring format is 1 PPR and 10 yards/point for both rushing and receiving.

You could easily replace a Morgan level WR on the wire. Stick with Fargas.

Now go answer some other peoples posts since I answered yours!

everyone is saying drop morgan and keep Fargas, but you said you have 7 RBs and only 5 WRs.

if you drop fargas, who are you left with? and if you drop morgan, who are you left with?

for SF WRs, there should be 1-3 of them that are decent enough for bye week fill ins. Usually the slot WR is good for martz, esp in PPR when you can get 5-7 catches. I would think this will be either Josh Morgan or Arnaz Battle. Bryant johnson played the slot in Arizona, but he figures to be the WR1 for SF... MAYBE. this is all so speculative, because we haven't seen even one guy for SF. If it turns out to be morgan, he should be a solid bye week, and you weren't even going to to use fargas for that...

if you drop fargas you'll still have RB depth.

post more info and i'll respond further.

here's my Question.

For my ten team league, I have the following requirements: 2 RB, 3 WR, flex.

I've got Steven Jackson and MJD for RB1 and 2. For WR i have TO, Santonio Holmes, and Ocho Cinco.

for the flex spot my options are:

Deangelo Williams @SD

Selvin Young @Oakland

Chris Johnson vs. Jax

Vincent Jackson vs. Carolina

The scoring format is 1 PPR and 10 yards/point for both rushing and receiving.

Thanks for the in-depth reply! For your situation, honestly, it's a no brainer in my book.....Selvin Young. Chris Johnson is a rook and who knows what he'll do. Vincent Jackson is another wild card. Deangelo would be my second pick, but he is splitting time. Go with Young.

my other RBs are: Addai, Graham, Jonathon Stewart, Norwood, Chester Taylor, Slaton.

My other WRs, are: Marshall, Welker, Calvin Johnson, S. Moss.

I'm trying to trade either Fargas or Norwood for a #4 WR.

I want to pick up Rhodes to back up Addai.

The odds are stacked heavily against rookie WRs and Morgan may very well do nothing for much of the season. I live in the bay area and have no faith in the 9ers offense this year, despite Martz. At least Fargas is a starting RB for the time being and has some trade value.