Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Let's talk Derek Anderson

I know it was just one week...but he didnt exactly light it up

Jumping ship? Or holding on tight and hoping the offense opens up a bit??

You should of stopped at "just one game". Sure his stats looked bad but his WR's did not help him at all, Edwards was terrible, Stallworth was out, and Dallas completely dominated the line. What does hurt is he has a brutal schedule and a tough matchup this week, but if his offense gets back to shape he could perform much better. Im just a lil worried about him because of how awful that whole team looked, but he did have a good TD drive before his WR's went to ###### and there are just so many weapons on that team. If he has a few more bad games tho, then Id be pretty nervous, but the thought of Brady Quinn playing is lol laughable, he will def not be better than Anderson.

I'm a little worried....but this past weekends stats didn't tell the whole story. Braylon (I'll run without shoes and get cut) Edwards alligator arm'd a sure TD pass. That td alone would have given Anderson a "decent" week. I'm not worried about Quinn at all. The Browns schedule is difficult but in the end I think Anderson could have a top 12 year.

I hope.

1) He looks a bit rusty.... Which could be expected after missing most of the pre season.

2) Same goes for Edwards... A key cog in the passing attack

3) Dallas is one of the top teams in the league (if not the top team).... Tough game to judge by.

4) Pitt has had trouble against the pass the last couple of years, this will be a good test

Its one week, way too early to be worried about anything unless you own Brady or Colston

I picked up Quinn and I don't even own Anderson. There is a very real possibility the Browns could start 1-4, at which point one can easily imagine that they would officially kick off the Brady Quinn Era. Not something Anderson can control, unfortunately.

I think you hold on -- a previous commenter mentioned Braylon's misses and like he said, they affected Anderson's like. Their offense looked effective. I would try trading for Derek Anderson at this point...even if the browns are 1-4, their offense will probably produce

Something I just realized is that even though the Cowboys dominated the week 1 game, Anderson only had 1 sack and no interceptions. As good as the Cowboys defence is, I think that's a stat worth noting.

Also:

No Stallworth + Butterfingers Braylon + No Jurvicious + No Cribbs = BIG difference.

Browns are banged up pretty bad right now. Their only chance for winning is for Anderson to start throwing and scoring. I'd wait to see how they perform when their real offense is back on the field.

I agree that one shouldn't be worried after just one game.

Now the fact that he sucked asss for the last 7 games of last season, and the entire preseason, and then week 1...

I agree that one shouldn't be worried after just one game.

Now the fact that he sucked asss for the last 7 games of last season, and the entire preseason, and then week 1...

That's exactly why he isn't on my roster... I made a point not to pick him up this year.

I own Anderson and although I am not playing him this week (Rodgers vs the Lions D instead) ya gotta give the guy some time. LIke others have said, just to much talent around him to not put up decent #'s.....hopefully :thumbsdown:

If Edwards catching what would have been a 50 some yard sure TD on Sunday, nobody would have started a thread like this.

Browns won't run on STeelers, they will need to pass. I am thinking something like 200 yards and 2 TDs this week.