Sign in to follow this  
BDuncan

Dallas TE Martellus Bennett

What are the chances that this kid will produce decent fantasy numbers this season? Are any of you nervous about Witten making it through the whole season?

I have seen very little of this guy so far but he looks like a physical specimen. Anyone have any scouting info?

Yeah, go watch Hard Knocks and you will see he is a beast and will be a good starter one day. "One Day" when Witten asks for too much money on his next contract or he gets a serious injury.

Now what I find is that I cannot hold a roster spot any year or any time waiting for an injury.

Keeper league with large FF rosters might push someone to give him a chance. TE is a feast or famine position and TEBC is not a good situation. And this isn't even a TE By Committee.

GT

Guest BernardPollardFan

lol, you people and your hard knocks. just because jerry jones and co. hype their players, doesn't mean they are going to be fantasy relevant this season or any time. please get real.

lol, you people and your hard knocks. just because jerry jones and co. hype their players, doesn't mean they are going to be fantasy relevant this season or any time. please get real.

Great insight D-Bag. As I said if Witten gets hurt he could be good this year. The guy catches the ball like a WR and is very fast. He will be a stud in the next couple of years and maybe this year. I am not a Dallas fan at all but I can see the guy has a lot of tallent.

Do you ever add anything good to this board or are you just here to hide behind your keyboard and throw rocks?

Did you guys see the one catch he had monday night? They ran the play just for him.

The kid is for real and if he can learn the plays and hold onto the ball, he's going to be a beast.

You are way off base.

If every NFL team did a similar show to what the Cowboys did, it would be great for the pre-season and very beneficial to those that care what goes on behind the scenes.

I am anything but a cowboys fan, but I enjoyed it very much

Your right Ed, I even loved last years KC Chiefs. Great show to get you pumped before the season. I agree that J Jones wanted and most likely lobbied for the show but that is just good business. I am not his biggest fan but to see what those dudes go through and follow the cuts helps you know the teams better. It helped a lot of people know they would be in good shape picking the players on Dallas.

If Witten got hurt, Bennett would not get nearly the targets (or catches) that Witten gets. Bennett may be good/great, whatever, but TE's like Witten don't just fly in on a regular basis. Witten gets the targets he does partly because he gets open, but a lot has to do with Romo's confidence in him.

Agreed. I was not comparing him to Witten who I think is the best TE in the league with Gates injury. That system does use the TE and while he may not post Witten numbers he could easily be the 5th to 8th best TE this year if Witten went down. The guy has skillz.

Guest BernardPollardFan
You are way off base.

If every NFL team did a similar show to what the Cowboys did, it would be great for the pre-season and very beneficial to those that care what goes on behind the scenes.

I am anything but a cowboys fan, but I enjoyed it very much

You are way off base.

I enjoyed the show and I agree that it would be awesome if they had the show for every team, but if you buy into the fluff that they sold, you're pretty dim.

You are way off base.

I enjoyed the show and I agree that it would be awesome if they had the show for every team, but if you buy into the fluff that they sold, you're pretty dim.

What fluff?

Wade Phillips is even dumber than I would have ever imagined.

Jason Garret has a very good idea of what's going on and is going to be a good headcoach

Pacman Jones is a focking tool.

They think Martellus Bennett is very athletic and can be a good TE

What fluff?

Guest BernardPollardFan
What fluff?

Wade Phillips is even dumber than I would have ever imagined.

Jason Garret has a very good idea of what's going on and is going to be a good headcoach

Pacman Jones is a focking tool.

They think Martellus Bennett is very athletic and can be a good TE

What fluff?

They made Pacman, Felix Jones, Martellus Bennett, Sam Hurd, and even a player that didn't even make the team, Danny Amendola, all out to be superstars, and those are just off the top of my head.

Hard Knocks was gold. Jerry Jones, Adam Jones and Wade Phillips provided me with more (unintentional) laughs then any television program in recent memory.

I can't wait until the day that Adam is bankrupt and doing some VH1 Celebreality show.

He's go tthe tools to be a great pass catching TE. Often there isn't that much of a learning curve for TE's as there is in other positions. Honestly... if I owned Witten in a deep league and had some roster space to spare... I'd consider handcuffing Bennett to him with Witten's separated shoulder being a slight worry right now.