Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Tomlinson or Sproles

I have a 2 point lead, and I have to choose to start LT or Sproles

he has Chambers to play tomorrow, so whoever I put into the lineup just needs to outperform Chambers.

The only question is about Tomlinson's health.

My feeling is that if the chargers get ahead early, they will rest LT and play sproles.

its one of those ones where you really wish you knew who was gonna play. anyone else here ever been in a similar situation?

Pretty similar situation here...I'm tied at the moment. I have to choose between LT and Sproles to counter V. Jackson's points. I was hoping I keep Desean Jackson on my roster rather than picking up Feely for a few more points, but may have to do it. What are your thoughts on who you start? And curious if you have any opinions on what Jackson might do (he had 10 vs Car and 7 vs Den)?

I'm still on the fence on who to start, though I'm leaning towards Sproles. Was curious and read a few articles on turf toe injuries though not sure it helped or just confused my thinking more! Long story short, sounded like last week might have been the telling sign. If it could have been helped through equipment modification, taping and rest, seems he would have run more. Instead (and I'm assuming), he had to come out because the pain continued to worsen with each run which makes me wonder if this week will be any different?

disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and don't claim to be the sharpest tool <_<

Pretty similar situation here...I'm tied at the moment. I have to choose between LT and Sproles to counter V. Jackson's points. I was hoping I keep Desean Jackson on my roster rather than picking up Feely for a few more points, but may have to do it. What are your thoughts on who you start? And curious if you have any opinions on what Jackson might do (he had 10 vs Car and 7 vs Den)?

I'm still on the fence on who to start, though I'm leaning towards Sproles. Was curious and read a few articles on turf toe injuries though not sure it helped or just confused my thinking more! Long story short, sounded like last week might have been the telling sign. If it could have been helped through equipment modification, taping and rest, seems he would have run more. Instead (and I'm assuming), he had to come out because the pain continued to worsen with each run which makes me wonder if this week will be any different?

disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and don't claim to be the sharpest tool :thumbsdown:

Tough call.

The Jets appear to have a very mediocre pass defense, but their run defense is in the bottom half of the league (giving up 128 yards/game)

As the Chargers have that good O-Line and two good RB's, I'd expect them to run until the Jets prove they can stop the run. (I'm betting they cant stop the run regardless of who is doing the running)

Based on the above, I'd expect Jackson to get no more than 70-80 yards receiving with no TD. but 40 yards and a TD is also a possibility.

so I'd plan on a worst case scenario of 10 fantasy points with a best case scenario of 4-5 points for Jackson.

As Jackson isnt the #1 receiving option (Chambers & gates are ahead of him) you could get off lucky.

Against these guys, I figure sproles is good for 60 yards for sure. (regardless of whether Tomlinson starts or not) and may get a TD. If Tomlinson plays like he did last game, I expect sproles to have another big game. 100 + yards and at least 1 TD.

I guess we will see how things go.

I guess you have to wait it out hoping for more info before the game starts. I say go with Sproles.

I had to roll the dice yesterday....line-up needed tunred in by 1pm. I chose Sproles over LT...couldn;t take the chance. I don;t think it is a pressing decision for the Chargers coaching staff......Turf Toe is a nagging injury and I would expect that LT will try, if at all and then sit out a majority of the game. It is just the Jets, however, a huge game for the Charges not wanting to fall to 0-3. I say play Sproles!

I too am in a similar situation as the above. I'm tied going into tonights game with my opponent going with Thomas Jones. Do I start a banged up LT or go with Sproles?? :doublethumbsup:

The commish of my league has a 5 point lead on me, and he is using LT. I am starting Sproles. My commish insn't too confident of his chances.

Thanks Ray-T. I agree with your thinking (close to what I had thought). Figured even if LT plays, Sproles will get his share of carries. And I have to think (not going to use that "assume" word!) that even if LT's toe feels fine with the extra day's rest, that it will start hurting as soon as he starts running. Only question is how much pain, if he can endure it, and if it affects his mobility. The scenario I see (hopefully not just wishful thinking) is Sproles breaks a good run or two or at least has better yds/carry while LT plays but is slowed by the toe injury. This in turn leads to a coaching decision to get Sproles the ball more than originally planned. And yes, I believe in Santa Claus too :rolleyes:

Add in what appears to be a goof up by Yahoo scoring. My opponent played Pittsburgh's defense and I calculate 10 points but Yahoo gave him 13 points. I'm checking with them, but what I see from the games stats is:

3 sacks - 3pts, 2 interceptions - 4pts, 1 fumble lost - 2pts, 15 points allowed - 1pt = 10pts All I can see that would account for the extra 3 points is if they mistakenly had the final points allowed between 7-13 which scores 4pts.

Back to the original topic...figure I'll start Sproles.

I too am in a similar situation as the above. I'm tied going into tonights game with my opponent going with Thomas Jones. Do I start a banged up LT or go with Sproles?? :unsure:

Not sure if my perspective is right, but after last week's results I can't see taking a chance on LT. And hope his lack of confidence in his condition isn't an act to throw the Jets off!