Sign in to follow this  
gfischer17

Brenda Jacobs

Ok, so I know that the G-men are trying not to overuse him due to his fragility. However, the game that I watched, the guy was running like a beast. What the heck happened yesterday? You can't tell me the pathetic Bungles D was stopping him. Did they just stop running the ball? Are they going to continue this three back crap all season?

I'd like to know the same thing, didn't get to watch the game. I certainly am considering trading him to one of the owners who has Bradshaw or Ward at this point. I'd say he didn't do much last year and isn't starting out with a bang thus far this year. Sure, he got a lot of yds the other day but no TD and this week he got a TD, but not many yds.

It's a RBBC. :rolleyes:

I really thought he was better than this. To be jonest if I was NYG - I would start Ward - Ward is the better back IMO and then run Jacobs in the 4th qaurter of games. Thankfully I drafted Slaton late.

giant homer here i was at game yesterday and as bad as bengals defense was in the past they were stacking the line early in the game and daring eli to throw...eli was inaccurate in the first half so jacobs was running against 8 and 9 man fronts with the safeties sneaking up on first and second downs...third downs jacobs comes out because he drops to many balls...ward looked great in the second half cuz the defense of the bengals got spread out and this is where rbbc comes in and hurts jacobs value...he will give you consistent games of 17 carries and 90 yards with a td here and there..ny media calls giants running game earth,wind and fire with jacobs/ward/bradshaw as the 3 headed monster...overall the giants running game is great when they run off the tackles but inside running in the 2nd half is where they break the defs down...just be happy jacobs hasnt been hurt or dropped the rock much

giant homer here i was at game yesterday and as bad as bengals defense was in the past they were stacking the line early in the game and daring eli to throw...eli was inaccurate in the first half so jacobs was running against 8 and 9 man fronts with the safeties sneaking up on first and second downs...third downs jacobs comes out because he drops to many balls...ward looked great in the second half cuz the defense of the bengals got spread out and this is where rbbc comes in and hurts jacobs value...he will give you consistent games of 17 carries and 90 yards with a td here and there..ny media calls giants running game earth,wind and fire with jacobs/ward/bradshaw as the 3 headed monster...overall the giants running game is great when they run off the tackles but inside running in the 2nd half is where they break the defs down...just be happy jacobs hasnt been hurt or dropped the rock much

Amen Brutha.

Jacobs was just heating up when they eliminated him from the game. He started out slow and then started to turn it on. Ward ripped off a 20+ yard run and that was the end of Jacobs. Jacobs is a guy who gets better as the game goes on. His punishing style wears defenders out. However the Giants have too much depth to a fault IMO. I don't think they'll ever let a rb get into a rhytem (spellcheck). If Manning is on then they could plug in any of their three backs and they would have a successful game/season, but they won't do that. Since they won a Super Bowl.....who am I to argue.

Fantasy wise. Trade Jacobs and don't look back. He'll have a few games where he is fantasy gold, but it's gonna be hit and miss with him. His name is bigger than his game when it comes to fantasy. If I was a Giants fan I would love what they are doing, but as a fantasy owner of any of the Giants backs I would hate it!

His punishing style wears defenders out.

precisely. and it's working. the gameplan seems to be to use jacobs early on to beat the crap out of the defense, then rest him while ward and bradshaw use their quick cuts to take advantage of the battered and bruised d-line. if it works and it keeps jacobs healthy for the whole season, i'm all for it. as a giants fan, not a jacobs owner.

I got Jacobs in one league and I was pretty hyped about his potential this year. Now... meh not so much. It is clear that the Giants want to use all 3 RBs and this is the right strategy for them. He is best used as a bye week filler at this point. I hope that changes, but am not counting on it.

Another note - is there a player with worse hands in the NFL? He looks like a 4 year old girl swatting a bee when Eli dumps it off to him... simply amazing every time I see it. He has some athletic ability, but he is "not so good at catching" as they say in the Real Men of Genius campaign.

Give the Bengals credit, they did a great job of stopping him. You can tell they had a simple gameplan on defense. Get Jacobs going wide and double team Plax. They did a good job on both. As for Jacobs the rest of the season? He is still a good guy to have. Yes, Ward and Bradshaw will steal carries, but the Giants want Jacobs to be the focus. They have the luxury in a game like yesterday to go to Ward to get a spark and it worked.

BJ2 is what he is.

He is averaging 9.6 points a game.

If he can hold that up for a season, will finish just north of 154 points.

In 2007, that would rank him 13th in for all rb's. (standard scoring)

That is the top #2 running back in a 12 team league.

Don't get me wrong, I think the beast is great. From a fantasy perspective it stinks, but from an NFL team owner/fan it is great to have three RB's with their style. Something for the team to consider however, is how much can they get for Jacobs in a trade?

I'm not sure how some people are surprised by this. Didn't everyone know coming into the season that the Giants had three very good running backs and that Caughlin was not afraid to use them all? If they gave him the ball on every down and he was getting 25+ carries a game, the dude would get beat up. Then all his owners would be complaining that he has a vagina and can't take carrying the load. Be happy that you have a RBBC back in a productive offense. Would you rather have a RBBC back on a team like the Texans. Take your 100+ yards (average) a week from Jacobs and quite crying about how he is sharing the load with Ward and Bradshaw. Hell you could have a workhorse back like Steven Jackson who plays almost every down, look at all the touchdowns he's been scoring. :pointstosky:

I'm a Jacobs owner and I'm happy with his numbers. I think he's going to be a very consistant with his fantasy numbers. He won't lose you many games.

I'm a Jacobs owner and I'm happy with his numbers. I think he's going to be a very consistant with his fantasy numbers. He won't lose you many games.

Same here. I expected more out of Jacobs, but the rest of my team is lights-out so I'm not relying on him to put up 15 a game. I expect him to put up better numbers.

precisely. and it's working. the gameplan seems to be to use jacobs early on to beat the crap out of the defense, then rest him while ward and bradshaw use their quick cuts to take advantage of the battered and bruised d-line (and tired). if it works and it keeps jacobs healthy for the whole season, i'm all for it. as a giants fan, not a jacobs owner.

This is exactly whats going on. you guys have to realize coughlin is trying to win HIS league, not yours.

It's strange that he doesn't score more TDs. He should be automatic for 10+ rushing TDs, yet last year scored only 4. If he can get his TD numbers up where they belong, he's a solid weekly start, despite the RBBC. Maybe that happens this year, with Droughns seemingly out of the picture.

sometimes the giants need shifty - and that isnt jacobs. they are lucky to have ward and bradshaw both as weapons behind jacobs. its good for the giants as a team cause they have 3 options to choose from, and they dont have to wait for jacobs' style to start working - they can just shift players. it was obvious after ward got a few touches, he was poppin out through tiny holes like new born bebes. so jacobs took a back seat.

good for blue to have these options

bad for ff players

earth, wind, fire!

GO BLUE 08!!!!