Sign in to follow this  
ChocolateTown

Start Em' Or Sit Em' Week 4

Edge vs. Jets or Buckhalter vs. Bears (Westy if he plays). This would be taking a chance that Westbrook plays. It I go with Edge I am stuck with him and would be kicking myself if I don't have Westbrook in. Go for it with Buck or Westy?

Edge vs. Jets or Buckhalter vs. Bears (Westy if he plays). This would be taking a chance that Westbrook plays. It I go with Edge I am stuck with him and would be kicking myself if I don't have Westbrook in. Go for it with Buck or Westy?

I would sit Edge and take Westy (if he plays) or Buck (if he does not). I don't own Westbrook, but I do have both Edge and Buckhalter. I'm sitting Edge, but I'm debating between Buckhalter (if Westbrook is declared out in time to make the decision) or Selvin Young vs. the Chiefs.

Murphys Law - Selvin for his sizeable upside this week against god awful KC. He will break a long TD I'm certain of it.

0 Tolerance - I have Warner down for about 3 TDs this week, with Brees at 2 as his top two options through the air are hurt. Stewart may get a TD but hes still splitting time with Deangelo but the former Duck will be a must start soon enough. Jamal gets his first cupcake match of the season, and last year in a September game against the Bengals he got 216 and a TD.

Bu7ch - Id take experience over youth. T Jones will be solid if unspectacular this week, around 80 yds and a touch. Slaton looked great against the Titans but I dont think lightning strikes twice two weeks in a row against two good defenses for this rookie.

yanivsme - Tough call. Go with AP for sure, if Slaton went off against TEN then All Day should fare pretty well too. McGahee vs. Mendenhall is real tough. The Ravens have owned the Steelers and FWP of late. With extra incentive (the text to Ray Rice), and the butter fingers of Mendehall I'd go with McGahee, bad eye and all.

ok my sit/start debate is between:

DeAngelo Williams vs. Atlanta

or

Chris Johnson vs. Minnesota

both games are at home. PPR scoring.

thanks in advance.

ok my sit/start debate is between:

DeAngelo Williams vs. Atlanta

or

Chris Johnson vs. Minnesota

both games are at home. PPR scoring.

thanks in advance.

I like Chris Johnson a lot, but right now he's not getting any love at the stripe and Minnesota looks tough against the run. I'd side with Williams.

Edit: ChoclateTown, I don't mean to hijack your thread. Am I being rude offering my opinions? I certainly don't mean to preclude you responding to karmarooster or MFs13.

Shamrock - I'd go with Big Ben. The Ravens will shut down the run and Roeth will have to throw early and often. He had 5 TDs against them last year though I would temper expectations.

Dio - Id go with Slaton. Chargers will gameplan the run since thats the only real threat Oakland brings to the table, plus McFad's toes it going to be an issue.

Foamfinger - I would go with Perry out of all three. LJ will have a good game but the Chiefs will be trailing. EG will also shine but Perry has the most upside against the hapless Browns.

MFs - Take the chance on Westy. If he doesnt play, Buckhalter has looked like a capable replacement. He may not get a whole lot of yards on the ground but I like his reception chances with McNabb loving to dump off. Edge is old and vultured.

Karmarooster - Deangelo is still the starter. He hasn't got going in the last two games but he's faced two of the top run Ds right now (CHI and MIN). I like his chances to go off in this game, especially with Stewart making such a strong push for his job. Williams looked great Week 1 against the Chargers and he will run wild.

Geddy - Coles showed an improved rapport with Favre but I feel like Brett still favors Stuckey and Cotchery over Lavern. Santonio has been quiet, but against the Ravens the Steelers will have to air it out to get on the board. In two games last year the former Buckeye lit the Ravens up to the tune of 208 yard and 2 TDs. Also CB Samari Rolle is out for the game leaving Fabian Washington to cover Santonio. This is the week he gets back on track.

I have a tough flex choice to make. Please pick 1 of these 4 choices:

0.25 per reception

1) Fred Taylor vs Houston

2) Selvin Young vs KC

3) Pierre Thomas vs SF

4) Deangelo Williams vs ATL

Thanks for your response.

I'll bite. Who should I go with for my rb2 this week. S-Jax vs Buf or MJD vs Hou? This is a keeper league and I've got Gore penciled in for one spot. We get 1 for 10 rush and receiving, 1 point per reception, and 1 point for every 3 rushes. So S-Jax is going to compile points even if he doesn't gain big yardage just by being fed the ball on the ground or through the air. MJD finally broke out this year, but it was against a swiss cheese Indy run D. Who do you like better this week?

Geddy - Coles showed an improved rapport with Favre but I feel like Brett still favors Stuckey and Cotchery over Lavern. Santonio has been quiet, but against the Ravens the Steelers will have to air it out to get on the board. In two games last year the former Buckeye lit the Ravens up to the tune of 208 yard and 2 TDs. Also CB Samari Rolle is out for the game leaving Fabian Washington to cover Santonio. This is the week he gets back on track.

I've gone back and forth with Santonio this week.

Help a brotha out.

Santonio or Chambers?

Gamer - sorry as i stated not gonna get carried away with the multiple choice ?s

kwibby - O'Sullivan should have a nice week against the Saints. However Big Ben is still the man and im repeating myself here but the Steelers won't be able to run so they will chuck it. I would say check the injury report Sunday morning, if Bryant Johnson looks likely to suit up, go with JT since he has the higher upside this weekend. If not you will get a solid 200 2 TD more or less from Ben.

Lobo- Its always tough to bench your #1 pick, and I'm rooting for a big game from S-Jax but Buffalo has stonewalled every RB they have faced. Trent Green may provide a spark, or he may get a concussion and Bulger could tell Linehan to go ###### himself. Go with MJD, the Jags are recommitted to running the ball and similarly smallish Willie Parker torched the Houston D for 138 and 3 TDs in week 1.

FeelingMN - Holmes is a good bet to post some pretty #s, but ride the hot hand as Chambers gets more comfortable with Rivers every week. The Jets game should be a high scoring affair and #89 has been Philips favorite target since Gates isn't 100%

As of right now, I m starting Thomas Jones and Chris perry in another league. Id like to to start selvin but dont know who to bench, Ive read some of your posts about selvin blowing up...curious to see your thoughts if you would start him over these 2...Thanks again

Rbs are

T Jones

Chris Perry

L White

Selvin Young

Yanivsme- I would stick with those guys since they are the primary ballcarriers and will get the carries at the end of the rainbow. I do think Young is in for some big yardage against the Chiefs but the only TD he will get is if he finishes off a long run.

Kwibby - Buck will be going against the tough CHI town run D. He will rack up some points catching doing his best Westy impersonation but hes not as good in space. J Stew is the superior option, a touchdown and 50 yds is guaranteed pretty much and thats his minimum

ree10- B Lloyd is gonna be a gametime decision on Sunday night. Even if he plays he isn't likely to duplicate last weeks effort. Can't really endorse Lance Moore but he would probably be the safer play b/c if Lloyd doesn't go youre screwed. As far as Lendale and CJ, neither will get much in the way of yardage againt the 'kings so I'd tip towards Lendale who could always bull in for a TD.

Thanks for bringing in your intelligent and insightful comments to this board and only wish there were many more like you.

Do I go with Ocho Cinco or Hines Ward as my 3rd WR (none of my wr starters are studs) in a 0.5 ppr league?

Thanks.

1 PPR league.

pick two of the three:

LaDainian Tomlinson vs Oak

Chris Perry vs Cle

Jonathan Stewart vs Atl

My gut is to go with Perry and Jstew. I think this is the game he breaks out against a soft Atl def. (memories of AP last year).

I think Perry has his 1st big game as well. 100yrds and 1TD with 4 receptions. I honestly feel that LT2 has lost the explosion due to the toe he needs to make his cuts. I know his history against the Raiders and not to bunch my studs, so talk me out of it :)

No PPR:

Need some help with my flex spot.

Starters:

RB - Portis

RB - MJD

WR - Ocho Cinco

Flex:

1. Fred Taylor

2. Torry Holt

Who do I go with?

Thanks!

Defensive choice:

Green Bay (playing on the road with their gimpy secondary) vs Tampa Bay

-or-

Carolina (playing at home) vs Atlanta

Thanks

Little bit of dilemma with the Westbrook injury...Here are my options (pick 1)

Chris Johnson vs MIN or

S Holmes vs BAL or

or do I wait til Sunday night and play whoever is starting between Buckhalter and Westbrook?

The rest of my team is in my signature in case you see a better option.

Ok.

I have a tough flex choice to make. Please pick 1 of these 2 choices:

0.25 per reception

1) Fred Taylor vs Houston

2) Deangelo Williams vs ATL

Thanks for your response.

coyote-kid - Ocho Cinco has layed 3 turds the size of his ego to start the year. But the Bengals seem buoyed by their excellent showing against the defending world champs last week. Ocho is off the injury report and has an excellent track record against the Browns. Ward has struggled the past two years against the Ravens, compiling a modest 141 yards and 0 tds in the last three meetings. I see Ben looking more to Holmes for the deep stuff. Cincos talent hasnt gone anywhere so have a little faith this week.

9" semi - LT2 has single handedly guided me to two league championships over the years. He is usually pretty forthright with media and he says the toe is feeling as good as ever (listed as probable). He got it going last week and the best is yet to come so DO NOT sit him! J Stew has high upside this week, but I can see Williams is still starting and will run wild against Falcons thus limiting the rookies touches. Perry will get the lions share of touches b/c of Kenny Watson balky hamstring so go with him and LT2.

I sure didn't think I'd ever have to ask this after the draft... <_<

Braylon Edwards @ Cin or DeSean Jackson @ Chi?

Thanks!

dojo_commish - Ill simplify. With the situation in St Louie the only Ram you can possibly think about starting is S-Jax. Green and Holt have never played together, and Green may not even be conscious enough for long to really do it tomorrow. The Jax running game is back to life, Taylor got 26 rushing attempts last week. He won't get that many against Houston but he should get 15+ and do some damage with them.

DonS - Go with the Panthers. Matt Ryan is still a rookie after all and made alot of mistakes against the one decent D hes faced, Tampa Bay. If Carolina can stop the run early they will post some healthy numbers for you.

hadji - I think Holmes is in for a banana dance-inducing day on Monday. Forget about Johnson with these other options as hes facing a stiff D. Westbrook is looking like a longshot to suit up but hes so damn good hes worth the chance. If Westy doesnt go I would plug in Holmes for MNF because Buckhalter will probably be contained by the Bears tough rush D.

Rickys Swami - Go with the beast from L'Ville Michael Bush. McFaddens toe is going worse instead of better, Fargas is out the frame so at very least Bush will get a 60-40 split, best case he is the primary RB. Russell hasn't thrown an INT yet and thats not b/c of his skill, its b/c OAK prefers to hammer the ball on the ground. Hightower is sort of a desperation start if you ask me but hes great to hold on to if EJ breaks down which could def. happen.

Gamer - Im intrigued by Deangelos potential for a big yardage game this week, but he only has 21 carries and 3 receptions the past 2 weeks while Taylor has 43 touches so I'd go with old faithful on that fact alone that he'll get more opportunities in theory.

P-Drax - i feel your pain. Lloyd plays on Sun night so you wont know his status (currently questionable) until around then. Gage showed a nice connection with Collins before missing last week with groin injury. Hes off the injury list but check the Sunday morning inactives to make sure hes a go. If he is then plug him in b/c Ten will be throwing alot against Minnesota and Gage is looking the king of turd castle in the receiving corp.

ffsmack - Unlike the Bengals the Browns are heading down instead of up. He went off against Cincy in their two meetings last year, but something is rotten in Denmark. Id say DeSean Jackson as he seems to thrive on attention (playing in national Sun night game) and Brown and Curtis are still a few weeks from eating into his looks.

Hardy versus St. Louis,

or

Moore (N.O.) versus San Fransisco

Thanks for any insight!! This will be for my #3 receiver, or, I could start Muhammed also, but....

got one more q for ya if you dont mind IM in an IDP league and tuck is on a bye this week should I drop mike bush or anthony gonzo for finnegan of tennessee.. I have rundmc and bush is the handcuff obvioulsy not sure what to do in this situation.

wouldnt want somebody snatching up gonzo off the WW by using teir priority.

thanks again

Rickys Swami - Go with the beast from L'Ville Michael Bush. McFaddens toe is going worse instead of better, Fargas is out the frame so at very least Bush will get a 60-40 split, best case he is the primary RB. Russell hasn't thrown an INT yet and thats not b/c of his skill, its b/c OAK prefers to hammer the ball on the ground. Hightower is sort of a desperation start if you ask me but hes great to hold on to if EJ breaks down which could def. happen.

Gamer - Im intrigued by Deangelos potential for a big yardage game this week, but he only has 21 carries and 3 receptions the past 2 weeks while Taylor has 43 touches so I'd go with old faithful on that fact alone that he'll get more opportunities in theory.

P-Drax - i feel your pain. Lloyd plays on Sun night so you wont know his status (currently questionable) until around then. Gage showed a nice connection with Collins before missing last week with groin injury. Hes off the injury list but check the Sunday morning inactives to make sure hes a go. If he is then plug him in b/c Ten will be throwing alot against Minnesota and Gage is looking the king of turd castle in the receiving corp.

ffsmack - Unlike the Bengals the Browns are heading down instead of up. He went off against Cincy in their two meetings last year, but something is rotten in Denmark. Id say DeSean Jackson as he seems to thrive on attention (playing in national Sun night game) and Brown and Curtis are still a few weeks from eating into his looks.

Thanks!

The CBS Sportsline "Guru" gives Hightower a high rank of 11 and gives Michael Bush no love with a 3. I also have CJ3 but I don't like his chances against the MIN defense with Lenwhale getting GL TDs. I guess Big Bush is my best chance at a complete game of 100+ yards and a TD (if DMC can't go with the toe).