Sign in to follow this  
kwibby

L.T

Tomlinson aggravates turf toe injury in loss

LaDainian Tomlinson aggravated his turf toe injury in Sunday's 17-10 loss to the Dolphins.

A Dolphins defender stepped on the toe and twisted it into the ground. "I know my toe is hurt, but there is nothing I can do about it," LT2 said. "I just have to continue to go out there and fight." It appeared promising when Tomlinson was left off the Week 5 injury report, but the toe is still an issue. Oct. 6 - 12:33 am et

Honestly, they need to sit him for a few weeks. I was going to give this team the benefit of the doubt, cuz they did lose last second the first 2 weeks of the year.

Losing Merriman, and Chambers, Rivers regressing back to on/off all game, and losing to Miami really is pointing to this being a down year for the team.

Opposing offenses are attacking their defense without fear, and it makes no sense to run the ball with a guy who isn't healthy, no matter who he is.

Turf toe can linger, and can worsen a great deal by playing on it. With the exception of Oakland, he has looked like crap all year. And I'm convinced LT has an exclusive contract with the Raiders to torch them every time they play.

LT + mcgahee is the best backfield i've drafted in years

A dude in one of my leagues got both of them, and I got up and made a smart comment to everyone who passed on McGahee.

"Good job guys, you let the best back in the league have a Top 10 back alongside him."

Times do change, and I know that more than anyone. I started LJ the last 3 weeks.

Sadly, for LT owners, the only remedy for turf toe is rest. Unless they choose to sit him for some games, he's not going to magically recover from it.

Next week should be the first time in five years of fantasy football that I will be playong against LT and he won't fock me in the arse.

Was trying to figure out who to start out of Grant, Perry and Sproles next week behind MJD and Felix. This may make it easier to finally bench Grant.

Tomlinson aggravates turf toe injury in loss

LaDainian Tomlinson aggravated his turf toe injury in Sunday's 17-10 loss to the Dolphins.

A Dolphins defender stepped on the toe and twisted it into the ground. "I know my toe is hurt, but there is nothing I can do about it," LT2 said. "I just have to continue to go out there and fight." It appeared promising when Tomlinson was left off the Week 5 injury report, but the toe is still an issue. Oct. 6 - 12:33 am et

Bullsh1t LT. Just cut that focker off and move on. It's just one toe.

For what it's worth, had done some researching when LT was first injured and curious if he might play through it or have to sit. Came across this info from the Raider's team physician (just noticed this looks like it dates back to 1999 so wonder if anything has changed):

http://espn.go.com/trainingroom/s/1999/0901/13907.html

Taking out one excerpt:

What is the prognosis?

Dr. King: The prognosis is generally pretty good as far as the ability to return to action, but it's relatively poor in the sense that you never really cure the condition. Essentially this becomes an arthritic condition. The longer you are in the league, the greater the chances are that you will get turf toe, which can lead to arthritis, which means you're more susceptible to repeat injury and so on. Most lineman that retire after 10 years or so will have very stiff big toes.

You can calm the symptoms down and you can play relatively symptom-free with proper protection, but the condition is hard to cure and much easier to accommodate. But the ability to accommodate it is pretty good. We can get almost every one of these guys playing -- comfortably and at close to 100 percent -- even though they have an arthritic toe.

Depending on how severe, looks like we're back to the "should I start him or bench him" :dunno: Dropped Sproles last week after LT ran well - needed his roster spot, figured I have depth at RB to be able to sit him, and just tired of going through all that headache.

tomlinson has been an enigma this season, contrary to his normal consistency. he has started slow, post injury last yr in the playoffs. now, a nagging turf toe has his week-to-week statline fluctuating like the DJIA.

most thought a breakout 100-2 vs oakland was the turning point of health---now it looks like it was 'just the raiders' or a fluke.

for the most dominant short yardage scorer of the past few seasons to be stuffed at the goalline in the 4th qtr of a close game was alarming: it could be a great play by the fins, but i'd say a healthy mixture of both.

for the most dominant short yardage scorer of the past few seasons to be stuffed at the goalline in the 4th qtr of a close game was alarming

LT hit the hole with as much intensity and power as the Dallas Cowboy version of Eddie George :thumbsdown:

yeah so i drafted sproles before the LT owner could get him. tried to offer him up a few weeks ago, wanted WR in return straight up and he refused. you know, like ransom. i wanted Sproles for Donald Driver or Eddie Royal. i know you're out there by the way, maybe even reading this thread. i bet you wish you had taken that now.

what now?

i said when i drafted sproles it was like a lottery ticket. i could cash in huge if anything happens to LT. now i'm feeling more like holding onto him. how decent is the chance that LT gets shut down at some point in order to rest his toe for next year?

how many LT owners out there didn't draft sproles? and how many of you traded for him recently? even if you have both LT and Sproles, its hard to start either one cos you just don't know who will get the carries.

every time LT is unable to play, such as this week, sproles' value goes UP.

LT hit the hole with as much intensity and power as the Dallas Cowboy version of Eddie George :dunno:

i didn't see the highlights. was it multiple plays from the goalline area/ did he not convert on multiple tries? was is straight up the middle, or an outside/pylon sprint that got penetration?

wow, no burst---that sounds disconcerting.

i didn't see the highlights. was it multiple plays from the goalline area/ did he not convert on multiple tries? was is straight up the middle, or an outside/pylon sprint that got penetration?

wow, no burst---that sounds disconcerting.

they just showed several replays of LTs busted running plays on NFL live and the theme for every player was major backfield penetration by the dolphins. on one play porter was literally waiting with arms wide open as soon as LT took the handoff and dropped him for a 4-5 yard loss. on several other plays, the dolphins were in the backfield and prevent him from getting anything. they specifically said on NFL live the problem was the dolphins' pressure, and NOT the toe.

i don't know if that entirely true. they do have a tendency to over-simplify on NFL live.

It was straight up the gut and it wasn't even close. I wish you could see LT running - it's not the same back. He looks very ordinary.

If there was any other name on the back of his jersey you would see countless threads advising you to "drop that bum! He sucks!".

...but, since it's Tomlinson, we wait, and wait, and wait, making excuses each and every week. It's tough to watch. He's not himself.

I picked up Sproles after the Denver game. I almost dropped him for Duece, but decided to hang onto him until I saw LT get back to his old self. I'm thinking that may not happen now. I'm definitely hanging onto him for the foreseeable future. He's my 5th RB and I really have nothing to lose.

I didn't see the game except for some clips, but have to agree and add one additional/related problem area - his offensive line. It seemed like the line didn't get any kind of push which makes it tough to break through a nonexistent hole.

I may be wrong in thinking, but personally don't think Sproles has a lot of value unless LT is declared inactive. Got burned one time starting Sproles when LT was questionable. Of course for someone with little depth at RB, he could get some fp's while sharing time.

i was just offerd edgerin james and chris johnson fot LT. I have lynch and fred taylor and sproles. I want to do it, but it is LT. The thing is if i wait and longer, i wont get nothing for him

Well, after reading this thread it definately sounds like it's just a matter of time before LT goes inactive. I guess it's that time of the week to see what the yahoo experts have to say about it.