Sign in to follow this  
VaTerp

Matt Hasselbeck

I know Hasselbeck has knee and back problems, no WRs, and SEA has looked like garbage this year.

Is there any chance he comes back in a few weeks and puts up decent numbers?

Im hurting at QB and he was just dropped. Would like to pick him up but my league only allows 9 FA pickups for the year and this would be it for me. My depth is good everywhere but QB.

Thoughts on Hasselbeck.

I know Hasselbeck has knee and back problems, no WRs, and SEA has looked like garbage this year.

Is there any chance he comes back in a few weeks and puts up decent numbers?

I just cut him in the one league I had him. With a bad knee, bulging disk, and no WR I just don't see him doing much right now. Even if someone scoops him up, I'm sure they'll cut him within a week.

He's only worth a roster spot in a deep league

Tell me about it. QB has been the slot giving me stress this year. I've gone through Derek Anderson (dropped), Garrard, Cassel (just dropped), JT OSullivan (1 week pickup), Matt Schaub (started him when he got the illness, dropped him right after) and now Derek Anderson (again, after the Giants were beat). Oh, and I traded for Hasselbeck too, and now he's hurt.

Garrard looks like a keeper, so now I'm watching if Hasselbeck or Anderson emerges. Or if Hasselbeck's injury is long term and I can safely drop him. I just need a QB to get me 15-20 pts. consistently. My RB and WR can do the heavy lifting for my team.

:wall:

I expect the seahawks to announce that he is out for the year in about 2-3 weeks...

a bulging disk problem isnt something you can play through...they knew that he had back issues in the offseason..thats why they shouldve went after favre....

now they have no favre...and no hasselbeck...

they arent in it...or youd see them go after a qb today..i think they are shutting the doors....

I expect the seahawks to announce that he is out for the year in about 2-3 weeks...

a bulging disk problem isnt something you can play through...they knew that he had back issues in the offseason..thats why they shouldve went after favre....

now they have no favre...and no hasselbeck...

they arent in it...or youd see them go after a qb today..i think they are shutting the doors....

With how the line has been pass blocking, having WR's that never get open, Holmgren's inclination to abandon the run, and looking ahead at some of the pass rushers the Hawks are going to face this year, I'd have no problem seeing him on the IR.

Damn, you guys are pretty pessimistic about Hass for the rest of the year.

Looks like I may have just wasted my lasy FA pickup.

With Kitna reportedly about to go on IR Im gonna have to roll with a 39 year Favre and hope he can get it done.

:overhead:

Im gonna have to roll with a 39 year Favre and hope he can get it done.

:pointstosky:

That's exactly what I'm doing. What scares me is that I'm already 2-4 and he hasn't even had one of his INT orgies yet this season.

I just put in a waiver request for Derek Anderson, but being 4th in the order I doubt I get him.

That's exactly what I'm doing. What scares me is that I'm already 2-4 and he hasn't even had one of his INT orgies yet this season.

I just put in a waiver request for Derek Anderson, but being 4th in the order I doubt I get him.

Im fortunate enough to be 6-0 right now but Im still nervous about my Qbs. The good thing though is that we award fractional points for completions and subtract for incompletions. So Favre's 70+ comp. % will be help me out as long as he can keep it up.

My league is pretty deep so there is NOBODY available in FA right now and I just used my last move anyway.

We have a lot of trades in this league so that is prolly my best bet to get another QB but right now Im not really willing to give up the asking price. Looking at Rogers or Schaub or somebody like that.

Thought Hass would be a decent pickup but it doesnt look too good right now.