Sign in to follow this  
panthro

Trade Advice: Leave link, will answer

I have Tony Romo as my QB, and no back-up (probably dumb, I know). So now I need to fill the spot. The best in FA are Matt Schaub and David Garrard. Garrard has a bye this coming week, so Schaub is pretty much my only option this week.

However, one person in my leauge has been hounding me wanting me to give him Anquan Boldin. He's been offering either Hines Ward or Dawayne Bowe. He also has Trent Edwards as his back-up QB, which would be a pretty good upgrade over Schaub I think. When I asked him for Edwards, he offered to package him. Edwards and Ward or Bowe for Boldin.

My league scoring is 1 point per 20 yards rushing/recieving, 1 point per 40 yards passing, .75 points per reception, 6 points per TD (pass/rush/receiving). We do penalize -1.5 per INT and -1 per sack for the QB.

My roster is:

QB: Romo, Schaub, WR: Boldin, Burress, Steve Breston, Braylon Edwards, RB: C. Johnson, Bush, Portis, Westbrook, McGahee, TE: Z. Miller, Winslow,

So, what do you guys think? I have a deep WR corp, so I guess the loss of Boldin wouldn't be too bad. However, Breston's numbers will go south pretty quick once Boldin is back. But my team is doing so well right now I'm reluctant to change things. Basically I think Boldin will do better the rest of this season than Ward or Bowe, so the question is, is Edwards enough better than Schaub or Garrard to make the trade worth it?

Also, in a completely unrelated trade, I've been offered Marvin Harrison for Plaxico Burress. I'd love some advice on that one too. Harrison has been inconsistent this season, but he had a big game against Baltimore, and Plax has been suspended once already, has more trouble ahead, and the Giants have a lot of talent at WR.

So, thanks in advance. Leave me a link and I'll be happy to answer yours!

1st trade: I would NOT make that one. Edwards is coming back from an injury while Schaub has some tasty matchups in the coming weeks. and you won't need either once Romo comes back. I don't trust any WR on the Steelers as long as Ben keeps getting his ass kicked, and there's no way Bowe is anywhere near Boldin once he comes back. I don't see an upgrade at any position if you make that trade. I say stick with what you have at this point

As for the second one, again I say no. Burress didn't have a stellar game last night, but he was thrown to plenty of times, Eli just made some bad throws. Harrison is the 3rd option on that team and is a crap shoot every week. I haven't heard of any trouble for Burress going forward.

good luck and here's mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328802