Sign in to follow this  
djprotege

LT for Barber?

Well I had a trade offer for LT yesterday, Witten and MJD for LT. WHich i declined. BUT now i got another offer and that involves Barber. This looks alot nicer of a trade. What do you think?

Well I had a trade offer for LT yesterday, Witten and MJD for LT. WHich i declined. BUT now i got another offer and that involves Barber. This looks alot nicer of a trade. What do you think?

So are you saying Witten and Barber for LT....

LT for Barber is tough...LT is still LT..and with Brad Johnson now I see some stacking of the lines...also I know Felix Jones is hurt so that definitely helps Barber but I think the Boys will have it tough in the NFC East..the toughest division in Football...its a tough one and I probably don't do it...

This one is close so you gotta look at all the factors. Does this guy also have felix. If so try to make him throw felix in as the handcuff for Barber. How is your team doing? If you look playoff bound see who has the better playoff matchups. This is really just an opinion trade, who do you like better. I personally would lean towards Barber but wouldn't fault anyone for liking the LT side.

Thanks for mine, sorry i cant give you a definitive answer but really it could go either way. But for the record, i like barber better

Let me see if i can help: Here is my team and our setup:

We start 1 qb, 3 wrs, 2 rb, 1 wr/te, 1 k, 1 def

No PPR

Pretty much standard scoring.

Rodgers, Shauab

AP, LT, Norwood

R White, Marques Colsten, Ike Hilliard, Matt Jones, Owen Daniels, Greg Camirillo, Derrick Mason, Jordy Nelson

Crosby,

Green Bay, NYG

Hope this helps

Thanks guys!

I like Barber over LT right now (better and more consistent stats so far, larger workload coming w/Romo out, no injury concerns), but I actually would have taken the MJD/Witten trade as well. I'd play Witten in that WR/TE flex over any receiver you have besides Colston and Roddy White.

I like Barber over LT right now (better and more consistent stats so far, larger workload coming w/Romo out, no injury concerns), but I actually would have taken the MJD/Witten trade as well. I'd play Witten in that WR/TE flex over any receiver you have besides Colston and Roddy White.

MJD has been very inconsistent this year, and Taylor coming back hurts his production and Witten without Romo? I am not sure, i could still do that trade. I am so confused. I do another wr/te but i dont want to lose LT to a non performer.

i actually like the whitten mjd trade better also. thanks for mine

MJD has been very inconsistent this year, and Taylor coming back hurts his production and Witten without Romo? I am not sure, i could still do that trade. I am so confused. I do another wr/te but i dont want to lose LT to a non performer.

I think MJD's production will be on and off all year, yeah. However, Witten will be stable. He's the only tight end out there playing like a low-end top receiver, and I have to think he'll keep up his pace since he's an easy target for any QB.

Back to MJD: his only really abysmal weeks were Week 1 against Tennessee, the best defense in the league; and Week 4 against Houston, where he played well but just didn't get touches. He had two weeks with crappy yardage but a score, and two absolute monster weeks. Meanwhile, LT had one awful week, a couple with good to decent yardage and no scores, and two big weeks. I don't think you're losing much--MJD's downside is sharing touches with Fred Taylor, while LT's is the limit imposed by his nagging toe injury. With far and away the top TE in the game coming to you as well, I like the deal. The fact that you have to put a total 4 WR/TE out every week and can only start two RBs means it might even be better than getting Barber.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328843

I would have to have seriously considered the MJD/Witten trade as well. MJD may be inconsistent, but how has LT not been? Also, I can't see Witten's production going down, TO and the other receivers maybe, but not Witten.

As far as the current offer, it's basically a coin flip. The Chargers do play in a much weaker division (defense wise especially), and LT did the same thing last year in starting off slow and turning it on late. Barber is a beast though, and now has no one to take carries (Choice won't get near the playing time F Jones did). Sorry for the flip-flopping, but i would just close my eyes and throw a dart.

If it helps at all, I traded for LT in the middle of last season after his less than stellar start and ended up winning the championship

thanks for mine