Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Why are Herm Edwards & Marvin Lewis still employed?

Just wondering what the "Real" story is here wit these two incredibly lame coaches. Herm Edwards sucks and Marv Lewis sucks even more. Im just wondering if there is another "issue" thats keeping these two employed. Am I missing something? Are owners under pressure to keep both of them for some unknown reason???

Hmmm..... :music_guitarred:

Marvin Lewis I can kind of see. Palmer is hurt and with all the off the field problems it's tough to get team unity and chemistry going. Plus, Marvin has shown that he can get a team into the playoffs.

As for Herm Edwards. No idea. He ran the Jets into the ground or at least he was on his way. Then he takes over a borderline playoff team in KC and makes them the laughing stock of the NFL. He seems like a great guy, but man is he a terrible coach!!

Lewis is still employed b/c the Bengals are cheap focks and dont want to have to pay him and a new coach when they fire him.

Edwards is still employed b/c he's buddies with Carl Peterson and they KNOW they are in a TOTAL rebuilding mode. They went into this past draft saying they were looking for 7 or 8 starters.

Or you cant just keep thinking its b/c their black and reinforce you're bigotry and ignorance if it makes you feel better.

Lewis is still employed b/c the Bengals are cheap focks and dont want to have to pay him and a new coach when they fire him.

Edwards is still employed b/c he's buddies with Carl Peterson and they KNOW they are in a TOTAL rebuilding mode. They went into this past draft saying they were looking for 7 or 8 starters.

Or you cant just keep thinking its b/c their black and reinforce you're bigotry and ignorance if it makes you feel better.

Herm and Carl should both get the boot. You can't use "rebuilding mode" as an excuse for a hundred years.

Yes. It's because their ancestors were....

...football fans. They taught them the game and they happen to coach suck-ass teams. :music_guitarred:

Herm and Carl should both get the boot. You can't use "rebuilding mode" as an excuse for a hundred years.

I didnt use the rebuilding excuse. I gave my opinion of why they both havent been fired yet.

I dont like either one as a coach but to say they still have their jobs b/c of their race is a BIG assumption and one that I feel is based on ignorance.

Why did Matt Millen keep his job for so long? Or any number of a lot of coaches who got to stay on too long?

I didnt use the rebuilding excuse. I gave my opinion of why they both havent been fired yet.

I dont like either one as a coach but to say they still have their jobs b/c of their race is a BIG assumption and one that I feel is based on ignorance.

Why did Matt Millen keep his job for so long? Or any number of a lot of coaches who got to stay on too long?

Like Art Shell? :music_guitarred:

Peterson's contract is up after next year and he has already said he is going to step down.

It's just as ignorant to think companies (and football teams) are not reluctant to fire minorities at lightning speed as they would their white counterparts.

I think both sides of this thread are using broad brush strokes.

To not discuss on a message bored the possibility that there is pressure from the home office to keep them employed because of their race, at least a wee little bit, is ignorance. Sorry you don't like the topic.

Settle down, Beavis. Noone said anything about being black. Millen is a GM, different deal. Edwards and Lewis have proven they can do very little with a lot. Complete suckage. They should have been removed by now, like Scott Linehan of the Rams or Lane Kiffin of the Faders.

Whats the deal???? :thumbsdown:

To not discuss on a message bored the possibility that there is pressure from the home office to keep them employed because of their race, at least a wee little bit, is ignorance. Sorry you don't like the topic.

I didnt say anything about discussing the topic. I said to make the assumption, as some here have, that race is the only reason they havent been fired, is an assumption that is based in ignorance.

Sorry if you dont like my opinion.

Art Shell got 1 year.

WTF is your point?

That WAS my point. Art was terrible, black, and got one year. Meaning there's not some league mandate that you can't fire a black coach.

calm down dude, I agree with you.

That WAS my point. Art was terrible, black, and got one year. Meaning there's not some league mandate that you can't fire a black coach.

calm down dude, I agree with you.

My fault, Me.

Ive been drinking and when it comes to discussion of race this bored can be a lil one sided sometimes if you know what I mean.

With that said, I think I'll step out of this discussion. Have fun, gentlemen.

I didnt say anything about discussing the topic. I said to make the assumption, as some here have, that race is the only reason they havent been fired, is an assumption that is based in ignorance.

Sorry if you dont like my opinion.

I don't like the phrase "based on ignorance" because it implies that any consideration of the influence of race on their continued employment should not be discussed, because such a person would be a white trash redneck tobacky chewing KKK member.

Sorry if you don't like my opinion.

Sorry but Id have to say that the major reason that they both still have jobs, is because of race. Face it, the Bengals are the laughing stock of the NFL-both on and off the field. The off the field problems should be considered the head coaches fault to an extent. No control of the team. Once a coach loses control of the team he is usually let go. With all the negativity in Cincy do you think the owners want to fire their black coach? No. It would just be more negativity. Im sure there would be minority groups saying he was fired because he was black-leading to more negativity. Herm Edward? Not so bad, but he did run his stud running back into the ground a couple years ago and hasnt been the same since. They are rebuilding. Id say herm should be ok. This post doesnt make me ignorant nor racist.