Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Donnie Avery

14 team league

Starting him over Eddie Royal and Kevin Walter -- it's an easy choice. Matchups like this is why I used a waiver on him.

Reggie Wayne. The Sunday night start bothers me for Wayne...and the knee.

I was thinking the same thing.

:headbanger:

The "Cancel-Out Theory." Absolutely the most over-hyped... theory in ff.

True.

It doesn't work.

False.

It absolutely does work. The math is undeniable.

People just use it too much and in situations where it actually doesn't apply.

And to the OP...

I'm starting Avery... but with Plax, Crotchery, Ocho Stinko, Engram, Gage and Driver... he might actually be my best WR.

It's been a rough year.

Threads like this make me nervous. It's like a jinx. He's been hot and he has a nice matchup, but this thread means he will only get a couple catches for 40-some yards. I'm benching him.

Cursed, I tell you!

False.

It absolutely does work. The math is undeniable.

People just use it too much and in situations where it actually doesn't apply.

It only works if that player happens to outscore the player on the bench. PERIOD.

There is NO WAY that it's better to play a person who only scores you 10 points because he cancels out some of your opponents points when your other choice to start, who you left on your bench, scores 20 points. You've lost 10 points in this scenario any way you cut it, and those 10 points could very easily cost you your game. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to intentionally leave points on your bench. :doh:

I can't make it any clearer than that. Start the players you think are going to score the most points. PERIOD.

Why is this so hard for people to understand???? :music_guitarred:

It only works if that player happens to outscore the player on the bench. PERIOD.

There is NO WAY that it's better to play a person who only scores you 10 points because he cancels out some of your opponents points when your other choice to start, who you left on your bench, scores 20 points. You've lost 10 points in this scenario any way you cut it, and those 10 points could very easily cost you your game. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to intentionally leave points on your bench. :wall:

I can't make it any clearer than that. Start the players you think are going to score the most points. PERIOD.

Why is this so hard for people to understand???? :doublethumbsup:

You must be awesome at FF since you already know who will score the most points every week. Pretty damn impressive.

For those of us that aren't Kreskin... things like math and strategy come into play.

Let's say... you have Roethlisberger and Campbell as your QB's. Your opponent only has S. Moss left to play. Going into MNF, you are up by 20 points.

It doesn't matter "who you think will score the most points"... it only matters which of the two QB's has a better chance to not be outscored by more than 19 points by Moss.

That's Campbell.

Simple. COT in use...

the goal off FF is not to score the most points... it's to score more points than your opponent.

Starting him over Braylon Edwards and Eddie Royal

:wall:

My starting WRs

Marshall and Avery = 4pts

My bench

Braylon and Royal = 26pts

FOCK!

:mad:

You must be awesome at FF since you already know who will score the most points every week. Pretty damn impressive.

For those of us that aren't Kreskin... things like math and strategy come into play.

Let's say... you have Roethlisberger and Campbell as your QB's. Your opponent only has S. Moss left to play. Going into MNF, you are up by 20 points.

It doesn't matter "who you think will score the most points"... it only matters which of the two QB's has a better chance to not be outscored by more than 19 points by Moss.

That's Campbell.

Simple. COT in use...

the goal off FF is not to score the most points... it's to score more points than your opponent.

I never once claimed to KNOW who is going to score the most points every week. I said to play the player you THINK is going to score the most points every week. Reading comprehension, CATCH IT... :wub:

As for your example, in most leagues and scoring formats, the WR will outscore their QB in a direct hook-up just about every time. That's based on 1 pt/10 yds receiving and 1 pt/20-25 yds passing. The number is skewed even more if the league is a ppr league or if the QB only gets 4 pts/TD.

You'd feel pretty aggravated if you started someone due to the COT, only to watch the guy on your bench, who you think would prolly score a few more points, outscore your starter and you lose your game by less than the difference.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't agree with starting someone that I THINK will score less points than someone on my bench. That's JMHO.

Kevin Curtis and Randy Moss

Traded Avery and Torain for Thomas Jones and Donald Driver before kick off. Worked for me this week.