Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Peyton Hillis

I know he's the FB and last week was the only time he's really showed up in the stats, but with Pittman & Hall gone, and S Young still nursing his groin, that pretty much leave Torain.

I think he might start getting more touches. Thoughts?

Per Rotoworld:

Broncos activated RB P.J. Pope from the practice squad.

Michael Pittman and Andre Hall landing on injured reserve leaves Pope as the Broncos' third running back behind Selvin Young and Ryan Torain. He's unlikely to have fantasy value, but with a Mike Shanahan backfield you never know.

Oh Shanny; you rat faced trickster you.

NEVER OWN DENVER RBs :doublethumbsup:

The Denver fan in my league picked up Hillis when Young was still out there on Waivers. Maybe he knows something? Personally I wouldn't ever insert a RB into my lineup who doesn't carry the football so even he is too crazy for me but you might be on to something.

Screw rotoworld and there dumb advice. Last time I listened to what they had to say I ended up benching Avery against the Pats and started Josh Morgan who had no catches in the game after Rotoworld had posted on the front page that Sunday that Morgan was going to explode that week. The experts at rotoworld don't know what the hell they are talking about most of the time.

I am not saying pick him up, and I haven't, but does anyone know how Hillis ended up having such a huge WR/TE type day, 7 for 116 w/ 1TD, when DEN was just doing very little in general in the air otherwise against a team that should have been more pliant vs. the pass (ranked 25th)? Was it because Scheffler was hurt?

It's just that FB's are the forgotten skill position in the NFL these days. Often great athletes, when given the chance they just seem to perform well. The revival of the double-wing/Wing-T in the form of the wildcat offense makes me wonder if it's possible NFL coaches will one day remember that both RB positions can be active ball toters.